The James Bond (M9) Komp '14

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Let's have the M9 komp. This komp is open to anyone who has been an active member for more than 2 months.

This game is an M9 only game. The score limit is 7. The time limit is 10 minutes.

Your choice comes down to:
Silenced
-or-
Unsilenced

Maps are -
Round 1 - Showdown (small circular)
Round 2 - Backlot (medium circular)
Round 3 - Shipment (stupid small circular)

Base Class:
SMG - MP5
Secondary - M9 (silenced or unsilenced)

Perks:
1 - Bandolier
2 - Sonic Boom
3 - Extreme Conditioning

Specific Rules:

At the beginning of each round, please type /record into console
You MUST cap FPS at 250 or lower.
You may NOT use any scripts or macros.
You may NOT weapon cancel by switching weapons. - You MAY cancel by sprinting.
NO glitches. No out of map glitches. No getting on the roof in showdown.
NO AIR SUPPORT at all. UAV, Air Strike, and Helicopter Support are not allowed.
NO grenades, weapons, or support of any kind other than the M9
NO excessive camping. Any camping that deliberately avoids combat results in immediate forfeit of the match. You may not camp on the outside edge of the map. You may not remain in the same place for more than one kill. After a kill, you MUST move. If you are winning, and you avoid combat, the match is immediately forfeit.
******************************* On Backlot - You MUST remain in motion. You must navigate the map in search of the opponent. Lack of motion for 15 seconds results in immediate forfeit, unless engaged with the enemy.
- You must actively search the map for the opponent with the movement keys.
- You MAY crouch walk.
- You may NOT walk back and forth like a joker looking for a loophole.

It looks like a lot of rules, but it boils down. It is very simple. You may only use M9. You have to stay in motion and actively seeking combat. No glitches or scripts.

There needs to be at least one spectator for the whole match. More than one is preferable.

AWOL - If an opponent doesn't respond to a challenge personal message within 3 days, notify me and I will pm them. If they don't respond to my PM within 24 hours they will be disqualified. Three days is a lot, as it is. If you are going to be away, notify your opponent and me asap.

Who is in? And how to make brackets? Join period should be 1 week. So far:

-MikeK
-ykrotS
-jasmine
-Ponyboy
-mmnz
-King_JCD
-BuckRogers
-Nate

HOW TO POST RESULTS

Here's the format:

Match Date:

Spectator(s):
Round 1
:
[Winner]
[Player 1] - [score 1]
[Player 2] - [score 2]
Round 2: [winner]
[player 1] - [score 1]
[player 2] - [score 2]
Round 3: [winner]
[player 1] - [score 1]
[player 2] - [score 2]

^If it's easier to just post screenshots, go for it.

Last edited:

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
Do you mean that every pair plays three rounds to 12 kills? That's a bit too long, IMO

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Do you mean that every pair plays three rounds to 12 kills? That's a bit too long, IMO
It's best 2 out of 3.
I will change the second map. Countdown poses too many problems. I can already see them :| People moving around the exterior while watching the whole map :smh: That map won't work.

Second map will be Backlot. It would be cool if we had lego. That would work.

BTW folks. A lot of this is on the honor system. Please cap your FPS at 250. Please don't use scripts. You can probably get away with cheating, but why? You'd just be fucking over your friends.

However, mods, if you see fishy shit (such as no sound while sprinting) please call it out immediately. Any infraction on those rules will result in immediate forfeit of the GAME (not the match) to the opponent.

ALSO! I would like to watch these games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There are a lot of players much better than I in this krew and I wanna watch them duke it out.

SO PLEASE post your game times here, if possible!

Last edited:

Storky

Rawr
|K3| Moderator
Recruitment Team
I think he means in the first round is the first map, then the quarter finals is the next map and so on...

He just said rounds because if there are more than 8 people then round 2 will be called Round 2 and not quarterfinals.

NEVERMIND!!!!

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
@TheDude
Actually, you need to register there. I can PM you the PW if you want or set the brackets myself.[DOUBLEPOST=1395765442][/DOUBLEPOST]Maybe 1st to 7 kills / 10 minutes then? Because 3 x 15 is toooo long

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
@TheDude
Actually, you need to register there. I can PM you the PW if you want or set the brackets myself.[DOUBLEPOST=1395765442][/DOUBLEPOST]Maybe 1st to 7 kills / 10 minutes then? Because 3 x 15 is toooo long

Okay. Sounds good. You're right.
I will register there, but thanks for the offer.

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
Also, if more than 8 people want to participate, we can play two FFA games in groups as qualification (at different time to avoid time zones and other problems). The 8 people with highest scores will join the komp.[DOUBLEPOST=1395765822][/DOUBLEPOST]And you forgot the 'NO PRESTONS ALLOWED" rule

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Yes. Perfect. 8 or 16.
Hopefully 16

BTW shouldn't there be a prize?!?!?!?

OH WAIT! There is XD

Winner gets a bottle of my homebrew. Free shipping. Assuming the winner is of age!

theGenius

|KKK|´s Dumbass
|K3| Member
sounds good, but why the james bond comp??? james bond guns is walter ppk and walter p99, never a m9:unsure:

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Because james bond's gun is tiny, and the tiniest gun in cod4 is the M9. Also the sneakiest. Also the most skill to kill with.[DOUBLEPOST=1395769373][/DOUBLEPOST]
Free shipping? MUST WIN just to make you pay for shipping stuff here XD
I don't mind dishing out 20-30 bucks to get this komp going and to help out the krew.

jasmine

|K3|ONLY
Member of the Year
|K3| Member
hi me again
can i play with you?
I understood the rules:
M9-only
jog-
-seek the opponent
-no other weapon
no-fly or helicopter
please thank you
any time any day tell me only when

PrestoN

sherifolocodoco
|K3| Moderator
Also, if more than 8 people want to participate, we can play two FFA games in groups as qualification (at different time to avoid time zones and other problems). The 8 people with highest scores will join the komp.[DOUBLEPOST=1395765822][/DOUBLEPOST]And you forgot the 'NO PRESTONS ALLOWED" rule
I didn't even wanna m8.

Guys pls. Just say no killstreaks and everyone gets it.

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
Oh wait. You were serious about homebrew??? Im hiring the best cod4 player in town to get it!

87c696408493b7fe477454b0066953e60b2b612b293bb0054faf9dc360c68485.jpg

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
I'm serious about the homebrew.

And all rules stated apply. Please read the original post.

It would suck to get disqualified because you forgot to read the rules XD

Top Bottom