My Passion: Fly fishing - Long post :)

Hultsy

Corporal
|K3| Member
@TheDude Even the rich people that do hunt for sport donate their meat to shelters and such. A lot of the time they will even keep it for themselves. But its just a stereotype that people with a lot of money just shoot the animals for the sport of it. As from our eyes it appears that the animal is just just being taken for sport because all we see is a picture of the hunter with the animal. But behind all of that, they either donate it a shelter or keep it for themselves. There is a great example of a law that is in place in Colorado. My father has been out to Colorado many times hunting for Elk. The law states that if you shoot a Bull (Male Elk) all of the animals meat must be taken from the carcass before the horns can be removed.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
That's a good law. Colorado is a very liberal state, though, and I'm guessing it doesn't apply many other places.

I was referring "rich bitch" as that stupid fucking woman who goes to africa and shoots wild game and takes video. She was publicly denounced a little while ago.

Hultsy

Corporal
|K3| Member
@TheDude Ah yes i recall that. I was just making sure you understood. I'm sure she did either eat the animals or donated the meat to tribes, because thats what they typically do in Africa.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Not like that chick went at the lion with a spear. She had a bigass gun and a bigass jeep. Like I could do that. With almost no training.

If she can hunt lions like that for no reason.... why can't we hunt her? That's all I'm sayin.

Having said this... I love to fish. I usually throw them back. But if I get a mean Perch, you can bet I'ma eat it.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO but I would like to.

I usually only fish on a lake I go to annually.

Spinners for the perch and bass.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Perch is yummy dude. Flakey and delicious.

I feel like we've got some good trout fishing around the PA/MD area, too, but I suck with a fly rod.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Yea we got some good cold streams and rivers around here. Good brown and rainbow. I only seen them while I was kayaking or whatnot, and wished I could catch them.

SteelHorse

|KKK|Clash Expert
|K3| Member
1. All those deers, cows and whatever else we eat was born to be food.
2. They are killed at once and normally don't feel pain, unlike when someone shoots them in the stomach.
3. They are killed to let people live and not for f sake of taking photos / having fun.

What I really don't understand and hate to see is people killing defensless and innocent animals for fun and to take a photo and then share it ("look, I'm so cool, I killed an animal who was eating grass 100 meters away and didn't even try to run with my gun which I have my beloved right to bare under my beloved 2nd Amendment).
Fishing is okay.
Protecting yourself is okay.
Hunting if you are about to die of hunger is okay.
But if you want to have some fun, go play paintaball or football.
If paintball is not enough adrenaline, go slap a police officer in the face and see who wins.
I don't even understand why hunting is still legal.
I wholeheartedly whish that every single hunter who is low enough to shoot defensless creatures enjoing their lives is killed by a lion and his flash is eaten by jackals.
Take care.

I understand what you are saying to a certain degree, however I do believe you are off on what you are saying. I'm going to add onto what Drew said and take it a little further in what "rich bad stereo typical hunters" that are portrayed in many movies and such, do. I grew up on a 7,000 acre hunting ranch. That was its soul purpose. To raise and manage Elk, Bison, Blackbuck, Sika, Axis, etc, to hunt. A large part of that managing was to make sure that we had the right breeding to provide a healthy and strong blood line of animals. In the wild they inbreed and their population can become sparse and weak. In the US there are many regulations as far as managing animals native or introduced. You have to keep track of them and how many you start the year out with and how many you have at the end of the year. There is also a certain ratio of deer to acres of land that you are allowed to have on a ranch. So that the population stays at its healthiest. They have helicopters come out and spend thousands and thousands on animal management. They in the end help the population more than they hurt it. If you just go out and kill animals just for the antlers/hide/ivory and leave the meat to rot, then you are most likely a poacher. I know a LOT of hunters rich and poor and none of them would ever leave the meat. At the end of a hunting season on the ranch I used to live on we would normally have about 400-500 pounds of meat. That meat would then be taken to several Soup Kitchens in San Antonio and would get distributed to help support people that are down on their luck. Very very few of the animals were ever misused. On a business stand point for these hunting ranches it's not fiscally smart to misuse your produce. In this case its animals. The stereo typical hunter that just goes out and shoots anything and everything that moves is called a poacher and they are acting against the law. The rich trophy hunter as much as I don't understand it does more good for the animals mass population than it will hurt it. I can't speak for other countries, but I know that in the US we have many many many regulations on hunting and fishing. All of which are put in place to protect wildlife's way of life. There are several departments that are dedicated to making sure these laws are created and withheld.

On the other hand, slaughter houses and meat yards treat animals way more cruelly than hunters. Look it up. These houses have so much misuse of their product, chickens, cows, pigs, for example. The animals living conditions, and treatment is way worse than game hunting animals. Large cooperations don't care about management as much as a small hunting ranch does. If one cow dies in a stock yard its no big deal, they don't care. If an Elk, or White Tail dies. You can guarantee that the hunter will take more time and expense to find out what killed that animal than a stock yard would.

For you to say that its ok for the mass slaughter of "animals that are grown to be killed" but hunting wild game animals that are raised for hunting should be illegal because of a biased personal opinion, is a bit ignorant and one sided of you...imo. I am a strong advocate of hunting and fishing and always will be, as long as it's done within the law. I have hunted a hand full of times and I do enjoy it. I also think that venison is one of the best tasting meats. Which is most of the reason I hunt in the fist place.

Sorry @Hultsy. I don't mean to hijack your FISHING thread.

Last edited:

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
I understand what you are saying to a certain degree, however I do believe you are off on what you are saying. I'm going to add onto what Drew said and take it a little further in what "rich bad stereo typical hunters" that are portrayed in many movies and such, do. I grew up on a 7,000 acre hunting ranch. That was its soul purpose. To raise and manage Elk, Bison, Blackbuck, Sika, Axis, etc, to hunt. A large part of that managing was to make sure that we had the right breeding to provide a healthy and strong blood line of animals. In the wild they inbreed and their population can become sparse and weak. In the US there are many regulations as far as managing animals native or introduced. You have to keep track of them and how many you start the year out with and how many you have at the end of the year. There is also a certain ratio of deer to acres of land that you are allowed to have on a ranch. So that the population stays at its healthiest. They have helicopters come out and spend thousands and thousands on animal management. They in the end help the population more than they hurt it. If you just go out and kill animals just for the antlers/hide/ivory and leave the meat to rot, then you are most likely a poacher. I know a LOT of hunters rich and poor and none of them would ever leave the meat. At the end of a hunting season on the ranch I used to live on we would normally have about 400-500 pounds of meat. That meat would then be taken to several Soup Kitchens in San Antonio and would get distributed to help support people that are down on their luck. Very very few of the animals were ever misused. On a business stand point for these hunting ranches it's not fiscally smart to misuse your produce. In this case its animals. The stereo typical hunter that just goes out and shoots anything and everything that moves is called a poacher and they are acting against the law. The rich trophy hunter as much as I don't understand it does more good for the animals mass population than it will hurt it. I can't speak for other countries, but I know that in the US we have many many many regulations on hunting and fishing. All of which are put in place to protect wildlife's way of life. There are several departments that are dedicated to making sure these laws are created and withheld.

On the other hand, slaughter houses and meat yards treat animals way more cruelly than hunters. Look it up. These houses have so much misuse of their product, chickens, cows, pigs, for example. The animals living conditions, and treatment is way worse than game hunting animals. Large cooperations don't care about management as much as a small hunting ranch does. If one cow dies in a stock yard its no big deal, they don't care. If an Elk, or White Tail dies. You can guarantee that the hunter will take more time and expense to find out what killed that animal than a stock yard would.

For you to say that its ok for the mass slaughter of "animals that are grown to be killed" but hunting wild game animals that are raised for hunting should be illegal because of a biased personal opinion, is a bit ignorant and one sided of you...imo. I am a strong advocate of hunting and fishing and always will be, as long as it's done within the law. I have hunted a hand full of times and I do enjoy it. I also think that venison is one of the best tasting meats. Which is most of the reason I hunt in the fist place.

Sorry @Hultsy. I don't mean to hijack your FISHING thread.
I was talking about hunting wild animals for pure sport / fun etc and not about wild animals raised for hunting as a sourse of food.

SteelHorse

|KKK|Clash Expert
|K3| Member
I was talking about hunting wild animals for pure sport / fun etc and not about wild animals raised for hunting as a sourse of food.

That's what i'm talking about too. Animals that were raised for the soul purpose of being hunted. That's why I said I was raised on a hunting ranch...

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
But,

It would be pretty fuckin cool.

I feel like I need to mention that humans as a dominant species have only bee around for less than 50k years. The world got along pretty well before we had guns and bows.

But as you will see above, I agree with the need to hunt.

Top Bottom