My Passion: Fly fishing - Long post :)

RagingiHop

Corporal
|K3| Member
they way i see it, the way i was taught you kill it you eat it, if there wasn't hunting, all the animals would eventually die off because they would out grow their source of food. sure there is those people who just shoot a deer for its antlers or etc.. but usually it all gets donated. but like i said you kill it you eat it.. that's the way i see it and sure damn well gonna be the way i teach my kids

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
LOL like I said. Animals survived quite well for millions of years before us. Maybe the addition of human civilization has ruined the mix to the point where animals will become extinct without our help. I don't know. But it is a fact that animals did quite well before we discovered fire.

RagingiHop

Corporal
|K3| Member
that's why there's laws for us to take so many and not to take so many. they wouldn't have seasons for the animals if they were going Extinct

RagingiHop

Corporal
|K3| Member
ya that's what im saying, we have more than enough animals for hunters to go and take, it's Darwin's theory adapt to life and millions of years b4 us the animals that roamed the earth are not anywhere close to the animals we have now

Hultsy

Corporal
|K3| Member
@everyoneposting This is a discussion thread based on Fly Fishing, Can we please keep it on topic, THANK YOU. :hijack:

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
What mankind has done so far only led to extinction of hundreds of species of animals and uncountable number of species of insects, cutting enormous amount of forests and poluting the world.
And the argument that animals would've died altogether if we wouldn't kill some of them is one of the most ridiculous things I've heard in my life.
As Chris mentioned, animals existed millions of years ago, unlike humans. And they didn't die out because we didn't kill them. Those who were too weak to find food did, others evolved.
There are still, however, virgin places where people don't live or are not allowed to kill animals or effect them in any other way. Say, you get a $100 fine if Galapagos islands customs guys find a banana in your bag on your way there or a single stone on your way back, you are not allowed to go anywhere without your guide, you are not allowed to make any noise. Guess what? Animals are quite happy there on their own. Much happier than the ones that you believe you are "saving".[DOUBLEPOST=1394000717][/DOUBLEPOST]oops. I didn't notice the last post by Hultsy. Sorry/.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
I really enjoy fishing.

I used to fish as a kid on the lake where I spend summers. It was really cool being able to catch a large mouth off the dock with a spinner in the EARLY EARLY morning, when steam was still rising off the lake.

Now I can't do it.

Why?

Cuz people who are "serious" fisherman come by in their bass boats (right off my dock) by the dozen every morning with the best tackle and catch all the fish. Or scare them off.

And they have no limits, yo. They use any kind of tackle that will land them a bass. Or whatever they are trying to catch.

Fucking sucks. I remember one of the best times in my family life was when I caught a hugeeee yellow perch on my grandfather's rod. Right after he went inside to pee, I guess.

That shit can't happen anymore. I'm an adult and I know my tackle, at least as an amateur. No way I can catch anything with these fools around with their super-gear and years of experience.

If I can't do it now, you bet your ass theres not a single kid who's gonna catch a yellow perch on their grandfather's rod and feel that 20 minutes of bliss. And then learn to gut that fish and learn to eat it. And learn what it feels like to earn a meal.

Nope.

RagingiHop

Corporal
|K3| Member
I really enjoy fishing.

I used to fish as a kid on the lake where I spend summers. It was really cool being able to catch a large mouth off the dock with a spinner in the EARLY EARLY morning, when steam was still rising off the lake.

Now I can't do it.

Why?

Cuz people who are "serious" fisherman come by in their bass boats (right off my dock) by the dozen every morning with the best tackle and catch all the fish. Or scare them off.

And they have no limits, yo. They use any kind of tackle that will land them a bass. Or whatever they are trying to catch.

Fucking sucks. I remember one of the best times in my family life was when I caught a hugeeee yellow perch on my grandfather's rod. Right after he went inside to pee, I guess.

That shit can't happen anymore. I'm an adult and I know my tackle, at least as an amateur. No way I can catch anything with these fools around with their super-gear and years of experience.

If I can't do it now, you bet your ass theres not a single kid who's gonna catch a yellow perch on their grandfather's rod and feel that 20 minutes of bliss. And then learn to gut that fish and learn to eat it. And learn what it feels like to earn a meal.

Nope.
Depends where yo fish around here we have people who go out on boats and such, i still catch fish no matter what, but in the end if i catch 1 its still a good day to me..

MelRose

Master Sergeant
|K3| Member
Recruitment Team
Fishing is amazing. I used to fish quite a bit when I was younger but I haven't in years.

Nice post. :)

Random but since hunting is mentioned I figured I'd ask- does anyone here have any experience hunting with a crossbow? If so, I'd like to hear them and if you don't want to post them in here, I'm open to pms.

RagingiHop

Corporal
|K3| Member
Fishing is amazing. I used to fish quite a bit when I was younger but I haven't in years.

Nice post. :)

Random but since hunting is mentioned I figured I'd ask- does anyone here have any experience hunting with a crossbow? If so, I'd like to hear them and if you don't want to post them in here, I'm open to pms.
i've shot one b4 but in Ny we can't hunt with them unless you have some sort of handicap issue

Top Bottom