Dustbin Bieber deportation petition

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
People want SOMEONE to be famous. If it's not justin beiber, it's the person they have to take 2 more seconds to find. They don't LOOK for music to buy, they get told that this is the most popular, they listen to it, it sounds okay, and they buy right into the movement.

People who listen to pop radio aren't LOOKING for music, they just want something that sounds okay in the background and has some easy beat and is well produced. What they talk about when talking about artists isn't the music, have you ever noticed? It's all the drama around the person... the face.... the persona.

Like I was saying before, there is just SO MUCH out there now. It's too hard to sift through, so people don't. They just click the first thing that pops up.

Fusion OG

Corporal
Former Krew Member
@Fusion OG after this petition to get Bieber deported started, another petition to let just Bieber stay started and it hasn't received even 100,000 signatures lol. And it's obvious that it was written by some 12 year old girl Belieber as it has multiple grammer/ spelling mistakes.

I wouldn't be surprised that a 12 year old would make another petition probably based on retaliation. I could care less if he stays or not.
The way I see it is that if he stays, he will probably continue helping people in need whether it's for his name or he really cares, and that is important to me. To some people it's more important for people in need to get help rather than kicking a douche out of the US. That would be honestly the only reason I'd want him to stay. Other than that, he can GTFO :D

I strongly believe that rich people should definitely give back to the poor. I'm not saying us Middle Class people because we manage to survive and live some what comfortably with a roof over our head and food on our table. It's the poor that struggle the most. So therefore we should all help as much as we can. So in conclusion, the only thing Bieber is good for is to help the poor :)

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Most of his fans are 12 year old girls. If they knew about it, they would probably sign it by the billion. I remember a story a while back where some random 16 year old girl had a seat next to Bieber at a basketball game. Twitter exploded with a ton of hate from all the 12-14 year old's.

The latest thing i read about was him getting off of a private plane so filled with pot smoke the pilots said they had to wear oxygen masks. I assume the pilots could have pressed charges, but that would be foolish since that's how they make their living. The plane was searched but no pot was found.

Is it true studios and audio people use certain algorithms to determine to most pleasant sounding and catchy beats to the human ear? I read somewhere this is what they do in pop music like Biebers. No idea if it's true, but i found it interesting.

Last edited:

Fusion OG

Corporal
Former Krew Member
Most of his fans are 12 year old girls. If they knew about it, they would probably sign it by the billion.

The latest thing i read about was him getting off of a private plane so filled with pot smoke the pilots said they had to wear oxygen masks. I assume the pilots could have pressed charges, but that would be foolish since that's how they make their living. The plane was searched but no pot was found.

I read that too. It's stupid crazy

Gage

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
The last I heard was that he changed his name to Bizzle to kick off a rap career...
Can't wait to hear his next song. Will probably be embarrassing as Kanye West's Bound 2.

Gage

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
He's probably just experiencing the moodswings of puberty and acting out. Also, the media is probably most at fault for his repeated string of troubles. It only encourages him to do more stupid shit because in his mind, he thinks he's coming off as a badass rather than a complete dumbass. The media should just ignore him so he gets into his thick skull that he's not that important and just a joke to society.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Puberty? He's 19. Maybe you're a late bloomer XD

I don't blame the media a bit. They publish the stories that generate the most hits/ratings/circulations etc. If people didn't eat this crap up the media probably wouldn't pay attention to it.

Gage

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
lol i was insinuating that he's a late bloomer.
That's true I guess. His rap career is sure to get a lot of attention next.

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Yea a bunch of BS man, and kids like that DO need some ass whoopin to teach them a lesson anyways, and btw I like the "Dustbin" haha

The way I understand petitions is they are basically people speaking their minds and that's it. The White House "could" find a way to deport him I'm sure but I would bet money on it (probably a lot) that they would never do that, so many stupid rules and regulations in this country is ridiculous.

IMO I wished he ran in a tree, at least we wouldn't hear any more about all this crap lol.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Is it true studios and audio people use certain algorithms to determine to most pleasant sounding and catchy beats to the human ear? I read somewhere this is what they do in pop music like Biebers. No idea if it's true, but i found it interesting.

It's true. But it's not just algorithms about the human ear. Peoples' senses of rhythm and harmony are quite different. The algorithms used are mostly for things like multiband compression (of which there is a LOT) and how the track is actually produced, because the human ear is more/less sensitive at different frequencies, and depending on volume, we hear the same music as differently EQ'ed. Check out "The Loudness Wars" and Fletcher Munson Curves.

Producers can get very far in these days with visual spectrum analyzers, which they use to EQ their tracks. This and the aforementioned techniques have resulted in all the tracks sounding the same (production-wise). It gets very very boring.The best producers, the best engineers, the best sound design guys, the best speaker designers.... They all do it by ear.

There is also just a lot of money in studying what is popular and why (in terms of beat, tempo, harmonic rhythm (how the chords change over time), harmony, and melody. Very scientifically, you can build your track to suit what the average "joe," who doesn't really listen to music much, wants to hear (these would be the people who listen to pop music). It has the opposite effect on people who listen to music ALL the time. The way those pop tunes are produced and written gets fatiguing.

Ever worked in retail? Where they play the pop station on the radio the whole time? You're ears get really fatigued by the music. But at any given time, pretty much no matter how quiet the tune is, you can recognize it in an instant, you can "feel" the beat, and hear the basic harmony. There's a lot of science in that.

The people who decide what melody gets done, in the end, are consultants and such they bring in to work with songwriters (beiber and such don't write their songs).

It is a HUGE industry $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I bet if you did a poll on how many pop fans spent an hour or more just sitting and listening to music (in other words... not using it as background noise), the results would be very low.

Last edited:

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I hate the loudness wars. Albums sound like :poop:

Metallica's Death Magnetic and Black Sabbath's 13 are good examples.

Especially DM. That album clips like crazy. Apparently the band heard and approved the final mix over the telephone from a different country. :picard: They've become so lazy and sloppy.

Fortunately the Guitar Hero rips were versions that did not clip and sounded MUCH better. Every time i hear a song from DM being played via Last FM or radio or something, i wonder, wtf is wrong with my speakers. Then i remember, it's the clipping. It's that bad.

Rick Rubin has been blamed for ruining a lot of records.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Fortunately the Guitar Hero rips were versions that did not clip and sounded MUCH better. Every time i hear a song from DM being played via Last FM or radio or something, i wonder, wtf is wrong with my speakers. Then i remember, it's the clipping. It's that bad.

Well, this is due to a lot of things. What you can do is look at the actual waveform of the .wav file on CD's, and you can SEE the compression. It's like a brick-wall ceiling on everything. No dynamic range.

But, anyway, a reason all this stuff sounds so shitty on the radio and streaming is because it's already SO compressed that when it is put additionally through the lastfm, spotify, radio, youtube compression algorithm, it just gets horridly worse.

One of the reasons it sounds better in GH is that it was probably remastered for it.

But I agree. Most of today's music (especially the $$-making stuff) sounds the same. Sounds like it was all recorded in the same studio by the same engineers and same songwriters...etc. Boring.[DOUBLEPOST=1392176941][/DOUBLEPOST]Not sure how accurate this one is, just got from google, but you get the idea:
705px-Lindos4.svg.png

By the way, you really shouldn't listen to music above 90 dB. The blue fletcher munson curves are the old ones, they have been revised. I still call them Fletcher Munson curves, though, as do most people. They mean the same thing.

Everyone's ear is different, though. And this is a very general graph. More stuff happens depending on what the waveform is and how your ear decodes it. When 2 waves sound simultaneously, a mic still only picks up one waveform. And it only produces one back. That's because there is only one there in the room.

As such, this graph doesn't account for phenomena like "beating" and sum/difference tones, and the like.[DOUBLEPOST=1392177086][/DOUBLEPOST]LOL @ the Metallica thing.

Last edited:

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I've seen the wave comparisons. The studio version is a giant brick wall. I know streaming etc. usually sounds like crap anyway.

I also have two copies of the actual cd, and it sounds like total shit. From i understand, GH got versions that happened before the final mastering. Some people then took those and applied things to them with their software. There were a ton of different version floating around.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
They probably just ran it through a fairchild @ 60 dB 20:1 XD

The wave comparisons show what has to be done to a sine wave @ those values to be heard at equal loudness up the frequency spectrum from 20 - 20k

Fun fact, some "clipping" actually sounds good on tape (recorded on tape).

Top Bottom