The magic binds

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Anyone who uses these little cheaty scripts are:

1) Trying REALLY hard to look cool on the internet.
2) Suck enough to have to find a way around game mechanics.
3) Using a bolt action sniper but don't want to have to wait for the actual bolt action part (just use the Barrett or Dragunov noobs, seriously.)
4) Enjoy an unfair advantage in their favor.

Just play the stock game. It's much funner when you are on the same level as a the guy who just started and doesn't even know what a weapon cancel is.

That being said, there really isn't much of a delay in the bolt or stop sprint animation.

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
I do that on the Bolt Snipers. But I tap the wepswitch key twice.
"Play the stock game" Pff.
The way I play is available for anyone, without making any script binds.

MR.N00B!

Corporal
|K3| Member
I wish people would play the game how it's supposed to be played :( It makes me lose hope...

What?

3) Using a bolt action sniper but don't want to have to wait for the actual bolt action part (just use the Barrett or Dragunov noobs, seriously.)

Just play the stock game. It's much funner when you are on the same level as a the guy who just started and doesn't even know what a weapon cancel is.

That being said, there really isn't much of a delay in the bolt or stop sprint animation.

Not really that big of an advantage TBH.

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
meh personal preference..but don't kid yourself it is a huge advantage to always win a straight up gunfight because you cancel the animation or shoot right out of sprint with bringing the gun up...I try to do it but i find it screws me up more often than helps,but thats because i suck XD...The ppl that can do it proficiently (with or without the binds)have a distinct advantage imo..when it comes to HC where that split second means a kill or a death..but w/e again it's personal style and doesn't need to be argued over (thx TD) . If you feel the need to up your game so to speak ,hey, practice it and see if it works for you..personally it's not that important to me but I'm a very simple..run around and shoot what i see kind of player...

also whoever quotes this in whole or in part is :ghey:

Storky

Rawr
|K3| Moderator
Recruitment Team
anything that is in the game = good and allowed
anything that ISNT in the game = bad and can be cheating

if you create the bind IN the game, it is ok (if Activision thought it was cheating, they'd have removed the ability to create binds like this)
if you externally edit the cod4 scripts file so that it is not original (how Activision made it) then i think this is cheating

some people may disagree/agree but this is my current standing on the issue

p.s. i cant stand the servers that ban you for bunny hopping.. i mean WTF you can't jump!? how stupid is that

The Moment

|K3|Recruit Admin
|K3| Executive
That may be your standing on the issue, but our rules state otherwise.

I suggest you and everyone follow them.

This thread is not meant to debate whether or not people who use scripts are cheap, it was to show that they exist and how people use them. Please refrain from personal attacks as well and broad generalizations about things you don't agree with.

Thatsracist.gif

SiloHunter

Condescending little prick
|K3| Moderator

More fun* not funner.
Not everyone plays HC, Dragunov does not kill nor does M21, and Barret has too much recoil.
You contradict your first 4 arguments with your last statement.

Link

|KKK|'s Storyteller
Former Krew Member
LOL! @SiloHunter I was about to correct the "funner" thing as well. XD I'm a terrible person. :happy:
iL2J9oAjdXjwg.gif

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
@SiloHunter

Of course the people who use these cheaty binds would defend their use by attacking the grammar of someone who was pretty much asleep.

If you have to use a bind to do something in game that normally you can not do, you are cheating. It does not matter whether or not it is against the rules. If you can do this without a bind it is perfectly okay because you are using your own keystrokes to create the effect. However, writing a script to break these same mechanics is just downright cheating. There is no debating that.

Also, you state that the reason you guys cheat with these stupid binds is because the dragonuv and M21 wont 1 hit kill people. This was to provide BALANCE. The M40A1 and R700 were given a higher damage because of it's lower fire rate. That is what balance is. That's like me saying the M60 isn't accurate enough so I should be allowed to use no recoil in order to have the accuracy of the M249. It just doesn't work like that.

Top Bottom