Ghosts first impressions

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
Sp is better than mw3 and bo2 so far..only played for about 10 minutes but it's playable unlike mw3/bo2..

fov fixer here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/os44hsdfprur7bu/fovely.exe

fov range goes up to 180 with the fixer *note:use of the fixer is not guaranteed to VAC compatible,i din't get to try it in a game yet cuz the servers are down atm :eyebrow:

not quite let down yet still rummaging through the perks,I tried out a few more guns in a private bot match(the bots are good)
Perks: there's a ton http://www.codghosts.net/perks-list/

knifing is fun! but pretty hard to do,it'll be more fun as i unlock dead silence and the other stealth perks

it's seems to me to be less of a run and gun than creeping around ..camping may be a problem..spawns seem to be decent so far..the marksman guns may be the way to go (M-14 is beast!)

Also at the moment the lobby system is a hybrid of dedi and listen servers,I guess the game searches and places you with the best possible connection (in theory), without the ping bar this is questionable imo..

there are some fixes for various problems ..so far i tried the setting priority to normal in task manager ,it helped quite a bit
http://segmentnext.com/2013/11/05/c...-crashes-freezes-stuttering-errors-and-fixes/

Last edited:

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
1st official impression on Ghosts = :tf:

Why?

Because

uwLpHkFuLYE.jpg

Buv5hZu2_uQ.jpg

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Mike, you buy it because your parents give you an allowance of like 80 zillion rubles a week.

The reviews on Amazon are horrible.

I've noticed on Amazon when you type in a popular new release, the XBOX platform comes up first, with the rest buried. I'm :suspicious: Microsoft

Last edited:

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
Yeah. I remember Mike complaining because he only had 100 bucks of allowance each week.

- - - Updated - - -

I trust this man.
[video=youtube_share;kfgD9pqmijI]http://youtu.be/kfgD9pqmijI[/video]

Don't. Tejbz plays on console. And Ghosts is a completely different game on console compared to PC. Since on console iy's actually optimized.

Watch a review by someone who plays on PC before you buy the game, that's my advice.

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Why wont CoD devs realize... once we get the level to unlock something, we DONT want to have to buy it with points...

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_JtoAEfwH0

played Hardcore Kill confirmed on this map:Stonehaven...pretty fricken dope map,felt like I was in Kaer Morhen in the Witcher books..getting the feel for it..not super jazzed yet but at the same time not mad that I bought it..I'll find a way to have fun with it I'm certain...but yeah HC kill confirmed may be the ticket or cranked..yet to try the Extinction gamemode..should be interesting

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
will do but dont hold your breath.lol

update :Blitz is also a cool gametype,basically in each spawn zone there is a goal zone,object is to reach the enemies zone for points which instantly transports you back to your own spawn..camping in this game is annoying but doesn't help the team win much.pretty fast paced...fun....

Cranked is awesome! with every kill you run faster it's fun .... fov changer works like a charm ..starting to really like it..

Last edited:

Maccabeus

Private First Class
|K3| Member
Straight from a thread I just read on tek-9.org

- No theater or demo function at ALL.
- No dedicated servers (even tho it was confirmed)
- Only 3 maps that are reasonable for S&D gameplay
- No 5v5 league system only 4v4.
- No FOV slider, you are stuck with 65 fov
- No maxfps option, you are stuck with com_maxfps 85.
- No option to adjust in-game music so when it's 1 minute left in S&D intense music starts playing and you cant hear shit.
- Still no dropp bomb bind even tho it's been requested every single cod release.
- S&D got destroyed due to the fact that when you pick up the bomb your loadout changes to a sniper and usp. (??????)
- Still not possible to change roundswitch at 12 rounds, 8 is maximum.
- No option to disable battle chatter (players screaming out calls in-game)

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
- 'Only 3 maps that are reasonable for S&D gameplay'

I thought SND was taken out?

This is why i think people are crazy to pre-order games before any reviews/ real info comes out. Ghosts and BF4 seem like sad money grabs and big flops.

26 of 32 reviewers on Amazon rate it 1 or 2 stars. Yikes!

Last edited:

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
- 'Only 3 maps that are reasonable for S&D gameplay'

I thought SND was taken out?

This is why i think people are crazy to pre-order games before any reviews/ real info comes out. Ghosts and BF4 seem like sad money grabs and big flops.

26 of 32 reviewers on Amazon rate it 1 or 2 stars. Yikes!

Yeah me and Brian learned our lesson about the new Sim City that came out, I pre-ordered it for him as a Christmas present and ended up sending it back. It was the same way, had a lot of negative reviews so I sure won't be doing that again, first time I did it and last time!

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Sim city had more negative reviews than almost any game in history! Glad you got your money back. I'd be pissed ordering that POS game and not being able to get a refund or credit.

Sim city Amazon reviews:

5 star: (194)
4 star:(146)
3 star:(144)
2 star: (215)
1 star:(2,262)

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Current Amazon Reviews:

5 star:
(25)
4 star:
(11)
3 star:
(3)
2 star:
(9)
1 star:
(36)

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Those are for XBOX.

For PC:

5 star:4
4 star:1
3 star:1
2 star:8
1 star:19

Last edited:

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
Fovely FOV fixer works fine ,up to 180 if you want,pity about the fps...i hate s+d anyways..a tiny bit of lag here and there for me at least..

sometimes reviews remind of those beer snobs who give crazy reviews about beer,dunno I'm starting to have more fun as the perks open up but I'm still getting crapped on pretty bad..ppl just come out of nowhere cuz the maps are so huge it's really hard to see ppl..still not bummed i got it :)

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
They have different reviews... for the same game...?

Ghosts on PC and Ghosts on console. The difference is almost as big MW2 and MW3.
It's not optimized for PC at all.

And if anyone'e experiencing a choppy framerate (Even with any GPU, you can have a Titan or w/e. You will not get a good stable FPS on highest graphics.)
Turn your graphics down to a mixture of low, medium etc. AAx2. And turn your resolution down to 720p. Believe it or not the framerate difference is markable.

- - - Updated - - -

Fovely FOV fixer works fine ,up to 180 if you want

I would say, use Fovely FOV at your own risk. Sure it's a feature that should be in the game (and will be) but you are hooking the game and getting a rather unfair advantage over the people who don't have it. But I highly doubt anyone would get banned for it as most players seem to use it.

Top Bottom