Ghosts first impressions

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
ok so got the game,here's a running impression that will be added to as I play more.

Maps are big and detailed,so it's very hard to see ppl,they have the feel of mw3 maps but larger and more places to hide,lots of rooftops etc.

Guns sounds are mw3 like also,recoil is minimal,pistols are weak as hell,AR's are powerful,guns feel more like mw2 in power

The loadout system is new and weird..guns and perks are bought with squad points which are hard to earn so leveling up and getting a good setup will take a long time..not exactly sure how it all works cuz i only played 3 matches so far and got my ass handed to me XD

I played the Cranked gametype(after first kill you have 30 seconds to kill again or you blow up)a TDM mode.

I can already tell that voice announcements "friendly satcom deployed!" will get irritating fast..

It plays pretty smooth,better than mw3 but not as smooth as bo2,i had a tiny bit a latency that i may be able to smooth out(another thing not present in bo2)Not nearly as bad as bf3(that i could never seem to get to run smooth)

Theres no ping meter..:(

The footsteps are loud so soundwhoring is a must

The mini map is humongous

All in all it'll take some getting used to but I think it will be more fun as I unlock stuff and discover all the nuances..

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
it is..i never blew up cuz i got killed too fast :K..it's really fast and furious

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
I've been watching Orb's stream a little bit today. He's been going for 12 hours now. The rankup is Incredibly slow.

He was talking about the gun sounds and running animations etc. About how they look and sound. The only way he could describe them was that they're pretty much F2P quality, and I agree. They probably could have done better.

There are still tons of issues with the game.
There's no FOV slider (YET) however there is an FOV changer software you can download. Probably not entirely free of risk but I highly doubt they would ban you for using it. It's a feature that should be in the game, rumors say they will release an FOV slider soon.

There's no way to see your own or anyone else's ping. Not even bars. People probably have different opinions on this but I think it's a really good thing. People with bad pings are only gonna be victims of the rage of other players, mad players who blame other peoples' pings when they do bad in a game. So there's that.

Running Dxtory and Ghosts simultaneously will cause the game to crash. This is a minor issue but it would be nice to be able to run Dxtory since there doesn't seem to be a way to show your FPS in-game. Nothing in the Options menu and ofcourse, no console. Fraps works though.

The game is capped at 91 FPS. As of yet there's no way to change that. Not that anyone know of anyway.

Some of the maps are HUGE and a lot of people wonder why that is. On PC, PS3 & x360, the games are 6v6. On the "Next Gen" consoles, the games will be 9v9. That's why the maps are so huge. But I still think that it would be reasonable to make PC 9v9 as well. Because why not?

We probably shouldn't be expecting a lot of changes in the performance of the game etc. since Infinity Ward doesn't have a dedicated PC team, like Treyarch does. So there probably won't be any huge improvements in the near future. Also the game is no optimized so it is IMPOSSIBLE to run the game on MAX graphics with a good framerate, with any GPU, try it. Won't work.

Other than that. The game seems very fast-paced, like previous Call of Duty games. Cranked seems like a GREAT gamemode. But then again, I was excited for Hardpoint in Black Ops 2 when I first played it but that's actually shit in my opinion right now.

I'll probably pick it up retail in a couple of weeks or a month if I see improvements. If not, I don't know.

This might just be.... The end.... for Call of Duty.

Orb's stream :)
http://sv.twitch.tv/Orb

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
They don't seem to care for the PC community what so ever. So if this is not the end for the franchise, it's almost definitely the end for COD on PC. I doubt the next one will be on PC, if there will be another game.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Won't be another game? Of course there will be. It's the #1 selling game on Amazon atm, and has been in the top three for weeks due to pre-orders. As long as it keeps selling and people keep blindly throwing their money at it, they will keep making it for all platforms.

The early handful of reviews on Amazon are not very good. Most complain the maps are far too large while maintaining a small player cap. Another guy said, 'They removed my favorite game mode Search and Destroy. They also removed Hardpoint and Headquarters, NO Theater Mode either.' If that's true, something for people to consider before buying.

I won't be trying it. My PC can't even run the game as i don't have 6gb of RAM and have no desire to purchase any just to play another COD.

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
Omg... Sooooo sloooowww... Downloading at 12 mbs..

- - - Updated - - -

@Dee: I'll keep buying COD for one simple reason. It's 35 bux cheaper in Russia :neener:

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
Wow, that dude talked so much shit about the game and how incredibly bad it was.
Then at the end...

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
Hey Rival, are you going to talk shit about the game untill you get it as a gift and start playing and enjoying it again?

Just exactly the same as with BO2?

#Boring

SiloHunter

Condescending little prick
|K3| Moderator
I'll defend Rival's point, he is going off what he has heard, I too have heard that it is shitty.
I've heard every single map's spawns are terrible for all the game modes, in addition to what has already been said. I don't expect much from it.

:lmao: @ Joona

The Moment

|K3|Recruit Admin
|K3| Executive
I trust this man.
[video=youtube_share;kfgD9pqmijI]http://youtu.be/kfgD9pqmijI[/video]

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
Hey Rival, are you going to talk shit about the game untill you get it as a gift and start playing and enjoying it again?

Just exactly the same as with BO2?

#Boring

Most likely, yes. Christmas is coming up and I don't know what I want so....

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Where are the freaking dedicated servers? I can't seem to find a host that rents them out :|

Top Bottom