Post pictures of your ride(s) here!

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
That car is called a Vauxhall Astra. It's a brand owned by GM. His car in particular is the european model of the Pontiac Vibe, or Saturn Astra here in the US. The US versions look almost the same, just different badges.

looking at selling it already as it dose not handle to well and the build quality is fucking shocking to say the least. never again will own a GM product

EDIT: -

going to try and go look at this. its a little older than im used to but its running a supercharged mk4 golf r32 engine so underneath its still fairly new and has 360bhp and still looks awesome imo.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Golf-mk2-...6965995?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3382279beb

failing that im not sure what else there is to get. would really like something thats running boost already so i dont have to mess around with engine rebuilds etc

Last edited:

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
I'm not in to really doing everything you can to get all the power you want, it's got 260HP stock and its low geared, great for a pickup so that's what I mean't...

Actually this all depends on the year and engine of the truck. If the truck is an older model with the 4.6 V8, you are looking at a whopping 220hp. If it has the 5.4, around 235hp. Now, if you have a newerish model for that body style it does change. It bumps up to 231hp for the 4.6 V8, and 259hp for the 5.4L V8. Some trucks even sold with a 260hp 4.6L, but those are a little more on the rare side of things.

- - - Updated - - -

looking at selling it already as it dose not handle to well and the build quality is fucking shocking to say the least. never again will own a GM product

Yea GM isn't the best at the quality department. I prefer the Golf GTI personally. A little less power from the get go, but a tune can fix that. And the quality is superb. I wish the newer ones didn't weigh so much. the older models (like the mk3) were so light. My friend has a VR6 mk3 and it just GOES. He is looking to turbo it pretty soon, but even at mostly stock he has hit 140+mph in it. Plus, since the VR6 has such strong internals he won't need too much modification. He is going to install a head spacer, that's it. Aiming for around 400hp. As if the stock 170hp wasn't quick enough in a 2400 pound (1080~kg) car.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Ah! I've heard and seen the Pontiac Vibe before. But I don't think it looks anything like it. Never heard of the Saturn Astra before, and I checked out Google images and that one does resemble Pug's car. They don't have any in my area, or at least, I haven't seen any of them yet.

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Ah! I've heard and seen the Pontiac Vibe before. But I don't think it looks anything like it. Never heard of the Saturn Astra before, and I checked out Google images and that one does resemble Pug's car. They don't have any in my area, or at least, I haven't seen any of them yet.

The Vibe is a little bit reworked. The saturn is a direct copy of the Vauxhall though. GM didn't want the Saturn and the pontiac to look exactly the same.

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
Actually this all depends on the year and engine of the truck. If the truck is an older model with the 4.6 V8, you are looking at a whopping 220hp. If it has the 5.4, around 235hp. Now, if you have a newerish model for that body style it does change. It bumps up to 231hp for the 4.6 V8, and 259hp for the 5.4L V8. Some trucks even sold with a 260hp 4.6L, but those are a little more on the rare side of things.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea GM isn't the best at the quality department. I prefer the Golf GTI personally. A little less power from the get go, but a tune can fix that. And the quality is superb. I wish the newer ones didn't weigh so much. the older models (like the mk3) were so light. My friend has a VR6 mk3 and it just GOES. He is looking to turbo it pretty soon, but even at mostly stock he has hit 140+mph in it. Plus, since the VR6 has such strong internals he won't need too much modification. He is going to install a head spacer, that's it. Aiming for around 400hp. As if the stock 170hp wasn't quick enough in a 2400 pound (1080~kg) car.

yes the golf is ok but its just to heavy for that 1.8t engine unless that engine is stuck in a mk1 golf ;)

ive been looking at the seat cupra r as well and thinking that maybe my next as you dont see as many of them round my way as you do the golf. it would also have to go on a diet as like the golf it weighs to much

id tell you friend not to go down the decompression plate route (or as you put it the head spacer) ive seen to many people do that and not raise it enough to get the right compression in cylinders, i always seen it where the head has not seated right and its put the compression out a lot from cylinder one to four. its just the tight gits way of doing.

if your gonna do it you really should do it right from the start and buy conrods and pistons.

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
yes the golf is ok but its just to heavy for that 1.8t engine unless that engine is stuck in a mk1 golf ;)

ive been looking at the seat cupra r as well and thinking that maybe my next as you dont see as many of them round my way as you do the golf. it would also have to go on a diet as like the golf it weighs to much

id tell you friend not to go down the decompression plate route (or as you put it the head spacer) ive seen to many people do that and not raise it enough to get the right compression in cylinders, i always seen it where the head has not seated right and its put the compression out a lot from cylinder one to four. its just the tight gits way of doing.

if your gonna do it you really should do it right from the start and buy conrods and pistons.

I don't like the 1.8T. VR6 all the way. Just so much more torque. And so easy to boost with no internal modification. Why would conrods and pistons be necessary? The VR6 was in-fact originally designed to the a TDI. The internals are very strong out of the factory, they only changed the head at the last minute to make it a gas engine. I know a kid from high school who has had his GTi for years now. VR6. He has had his GTI for about 4 years. It's been boosted for about 3 and a half of those years. Dynos at 415whp. He is still on stock internals. No issues. He runs the SHIT of out of it too. He is thinking about having the heads machined to flow better here pretty soon. He wants more power lol

Last edited:

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
like i said a decompression plate is not the good way of doing it. pistons and conrods are the best way as you can be sure the engine will take the boost with no issues.
if the vr6 was going to be a tdi engine then yes it may very well be strong for a diesel engine but petrol engines are different in the fact that they run hotter than diesel engine dose meaning that if your throwing in a lot more fuel air mix the hotter its going to get in the cylinders and more reasons for things to fail.

if it was me id go down the right route to start with and from the things ive seen with decompression plates its not the best idea and even worse for a long term job imo

Y()()() M()N

The Old Guy
|K3| Member
some nice vehilces there guys.Code i had a 2004 ram 5.7 King cab like that one you have it was a good truck had a few problems with it though, so i got rid of it.

Nick , is that actually your ride ? a bus LOL I lauged my ass off when i saw that

Top Bottom