Note 3

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Any of you getting the Note 3?

Apart from the 5.68" screen size and 3GB RAM, what other cool specs/things are speculated to come on it? And when does Android usually bring out a new OS for the Android phones?

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
So much RAM :eek: I hear it's going to have a 2.3 GHz quad :D and the same build of Android 4.3 as the Nexus 7 (4.3 just came out last month) so here's to hoping Samsung doesn't screw up the build. XD

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
I see. Is the Nexus 7 the flagship Android phone and as such it gets the first crack at the newest OS?

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Nexus 7 is a phone too? I thought it was just a tablet. The new Nexus 7 tablet has android 4.3. I thought they got first dibs on OS because Nexus is by Google.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
LearnB4A-Basic4Android-How-To-Program-Android-Noob-300x235.png

Android n00b that is XD

edit:
so which Android is the flagship phone/tablet that always gets the latest and greatest first?

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Nexus 7. The new one has an ultra HD screen etc. The specs have always been pretty on the Nexus, but i turned it down due to numerous build quality issues. From reading reviews of the new one it's probably the best 7 inch tablet when everything works properly, but a lot of people have issues atm.

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
The Nexus series runs Google's stock Android; it's not tinkered into the toilet like on some devices.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
The Nexus series runs Google's stock Android; it's not tinkered into the toilet like on some devices.

Like the Kindle's.

I'm pretty sure Nexus 7 gets first crack at any new OS. Jelly bean had been out quite a few months before it came to my Samsung tablet. Some companies get new versions quicker than others. Some don't get it at all. AFAIK.

Last edited:

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
my nephew has a Note not sure which one but i can't stand the color on screen

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Like the Kindle's.

I'm pretty sure Nexus 7 gets first crack at any new OS. Jelly bean had been out quite a few months before it came to my Samsung tablet. Some companies get new versions quicker than others. Some don't get it at all. AFAIK.

That's what I didn't like about Android. The updates are dependant on the carrier you're with :\.

And do the newest OS come out in a certain timeframe?

I ask because I'm used to Apple's OS coming out whenever a new iPhone comes out. Once the new phone comes out, the new OS comes out for the rest of the iDevices. So for Apple's OS, it's safe to say that the OS depends on whenever the new iPhone comes out.

my nephew has a Note not sure which one but i can't stand the color on screen

It's the AMOLED screen. Makes things look vibrant. Some like it, some don't. iOS 7 is gonna be colorful. It's gonna be a love it or hate it thing. For me, I can't wait for the change.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I wouldn't want an update as soon as it comes out anyways. Just as soon as i would get used to using one OS, an update happens and i have to relearn and get used to all of the 'upgrades.' The good thing with having a predefined release date with Apple is that it probably has a lot less compatibility issues with apps etc. Maybe Apple doesn't have this problem at all?

On the new Nexus 7, a lot of apps etc. aren't yet compatible with Droid 4.3.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Well, they don't normally announce the date the OS will get released because that just tells the world when the next iPhone will come out. But they usually announce an iOS update roughly 3 months prior to give plenty of time to work the kinks out. The devs don't really have to run into compatibility issues because the screen size(s) are generally the same and they usually stop supporting 4-5 iPhones back. I don't really hear many issues with apps and whatnot not working when the new OS is out; well, the jailbroken apps don't work of course LOL

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
My tablet just updated to 4.2.2 today which has been out since February. So, it took seven months for my Samsung device to get it. I don't think my tablet will be getting 4.3. Which i don't care about anyways.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Holy smokes! I always like to have the latest and greatest, even though the new OS just brings a few small features. But damn, 7 months of waiting for an upgrade? :fuckthatshit:

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I could care less. If something works well and does what i need it to do, i could give a :poop: whats 'current.'

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
7 Months? :eek: That's why I have a custom 4.2.2 running on my Galaxy S :D screw stock roms :|

Top Bottom