WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Hello everyone,

Some forum changes:

-new shoutbox (goodbye b0t)
-thumbs up/down have been disabled for a day or so
-new banner has been added to all themes

For the shoutbox, we all know we're gonna miss the b0t, but the new shoutbox has a few features that are a bit beneficial. ex., you are now able to shout-PM someone. should they be offline, they should still receive that shout-PM. the PM instances do go away if you refresh the page, but if you send them another shout-PM, the PM history will show up.
I've also disabled the shout deletions. If it doesn't affect forum performance, we'll leave it as is.

I've been meaning to change the thumb up/down as the one that we were using would screw the forum layout. Not really noticeable but it bugged me XD. The new system should be in place tomorrow.

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
I noticed the new shout, haven't used it yet but it seems nice, hope it works out well ;)

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Going for a cleaner postbit look

More changes:
-Added a Thanks, Like, and Dislike​ button (the collapse stats look funky on the DarkCore themes - new theme time?)
------You can also thank, like and dislike in Groups, Visitor Pages and I might be forgetting the other one...
-Removed the reputation system (temp)
-Removed Experience (will add a new one tomorrow)
-Default theme: bigger usernames. Need to figure out how to make the change to the other themes
-Added the green 'K' favicon

Last edited:

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
ANyway to do away with these giant rectangles where it displays the name etc, join date, location etc.? It's pretty distracting, at least to me.

Last edited:

Joonikko

Shades, eternal shades.
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
ANyway to do away this these giant rectangles where it displays the name etc.? It's pretty distracting, at least to me.

Click on the "Krew shoutbox" on top of the window, -> options -> check "hide avatars" and save.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
That didn't do anything. And i don't want to disable avatars.

Ooooh, I think I see what you mean. It's on the right of the postbit. And only on the DarkCore theme. Right? If so, nope. I can't remove those. And yes, they annoy me too.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
This.

But yes, it's not there on blackened. I've switched back to that. :thanks:

forum.jpg

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
that massive space there

It's the forum theme, I will probably add a new theme, and have that one replaced. All that space is funky.

A new addition:
-At the bottom of each thread should be a "similar threads" section. Should be useful to some.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
More changes:

-additional forum theme and colors!!!!!
-new top forum stats. This is still a work in progress. The stats will get placed UNDER the shoutbox and will replace the other top stats. Should be fixed later today.

Sodalover

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
Dark orange makes for a pretty nice theme. On my laptop, the KrewGaming sign overlaps into the Welcome|Sodalover|Notifications| box. Is it because of scaling or because of the small screen? Just a little nitpick.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I like the new themes, but I'm sticking with Blackened. All of the others have too much dead space where the posters name/stats/avatar is displayed.

Anyway to turn off the like/dislike feature for visitor messages? It's pretty distracting.

For anyone who doesn't like the top 15 stats being displayed above shout , click the little arrow on the right side of the page and it will collapse the box.

Top Bottom