Guitar Ideas (HELP!)

Link

|KKK|'s Storyteller
Former Krew Member
Lol, this sucks. XD Strumming with my right hand seems really weird. Well, guess i'm gonna check out what Guitar Center has to offer in the left handed department. :p

ponyboy

|KKK|'s Pony
|K3| Member
go to guitar center and ask them about the left handed upside down stringing. They might also have to change the bridge if you want to do that.

Link

|KKK|'s Storyteller
Former Krew Member
Ah okie. o: Thanks guys! XD

- - - Updated - - -

I found this one. Pretty cheap and has a good rating. What do you guys think?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Rogue-RG-624-Left-Handed-Dreadnought-Acoustic-Guitar-107223950-i1171994.gc

ponyboy

|KKK|'s Pony
|K3| Member
Link this one is a dreadnought. dreadnoughts are a bit bigger then the average guitar. try it out to see how big it is.

but seems like a good guitar for a beginner. Dreadnoughts have a louder tone. If you get really into it you should probably get a guitar that is 100+.

some other things you will need: tuner, pick, CASE, stand, maybe a strap, maybe some new strings, and maybe a capo (essential to learning some songs.)

Last edited:

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
Yes, but the strings would be upside down. XD

thats how a friend of mine plays and he gets on good with it like that (has his own band)

its funny when he was learning cuz his dad used to say watch how i play and then play it back but he used to forget the strings were upside down

Link

|KKK|'s Storyteller
Former Krew Member
@Pony Alright budd, thanks so much! :3 I'll make sure to make a list for all that stuff. This week or next i'm going to the Guitar Center to get all of the equipment. XD I hope that the dreadnought wont be to big, 'cause it looks nice and has a good price that my parents are willing to pay for my first guitar. :p

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Have fun! Don't be shy. Play a few different guitars. They have good staff and if you explain what you're looking for and the fact you're a beginner, they should be of good help.

Link

|KKK|'s Storyteller
Former Krew Member
Oh and I just read Pony's post again, and I have a quick question. What is a capo, and what do I need a stand for? o:

@Damage Don't worry, I shall throw my thanks and luv at you too for your help, and everyone I should say. XD

Thanks so much guys! <33

Link

|KKK|'s Storyteller
Former Krew Member
Okay, I'll get all the other stuff, but for now a capo and a stand don't seem that vital. I'll probably get those in the future though. :3

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
You probably also want to try different picks as they come in different sizes, but mostly different thickness. Typically you have thin, medium and heavy. I'd probably recommend a medium, but it's all personal preference. I can't stand the thin ones. But, being as they are so cheap, you could just get a mix.

Link

|KKK|'s Storyteller
Former Krew Member
Sounds awesome! Are there like custom designs or just a whole variety? o: I'd prolly get a medium one 'cause thin sounds to flimsy, and heavy...well to heavy? XD

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
a good guitar stand is essential for a good guitarists, I suggest one leg bent and one leg stretched out to the back like this:

start of small and get wider as you get better at it ,the head thrashing and long hair will come in time

Top Bottom