Server Restructure

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Here we are, with a bunch of unused servers and when it comes time to change them, people say they don't want them gone because so and so..

So, how about we make changes all across the board with our cod4 servers (excluding S1, ROTU and possibly Bolts)?

With that said, what would YOU suggest we do with 1 or all of the servers? What do you want to see them changed to? You can also suggest to have a different game hosted on there (as long as I don't have to pay for licensing, ie. BFBC2, BF3). When making your suggestions, please include which location you think we should host it on. Please also keep in mind that your suggestion may or may not be implemented.

Have at it, folks.

MelRose

Master Sergeant
|K3| Member
Recruitment Team
I enjoy all the servers with the exception of TDM. TDM is just not my thing. I highly enjoy both gungame and toons- don't play it all that often because it can be hard to get members to play but when we do, it's a good time. I would like to say there have been a few people on gungame (none from the krew, just randoms) lately populating it.

If I had to pick servers I'd really like to keep: a1, bolts, a7, possibly toons. Mod of the month is good if we can keep that going I think, having something different to look forward to is fun.

I would really like to see those who would benefit from LA ping get another server of their choosing whether it be FFA or whatever so they can have a smoother/better playing experience.

What about Killing Floor? I know you guys had one of these prior to me being here but I am seeing more krew members playing this lately.

Last edited:

Link

|KKK|'s Storyteller
Former Krew Member
I think a hide & seek / prop hunt server would be awesome! Just imagine being on TS with everyone and you're hiding in the broadcast TV room, as a TV... Pretty sure everyone would just be laughing so hard! XD

Arcani

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
for servers ik we'll be keeping ffa and rotu - but i think we should keep bolts for sure toons mod of the month; maybe snd
also keep minecraft(unless that was even an option and u were keeping it anyways)
to tell the truth i like most of the servers - i just prefer the above
i got no ideas of what to change some too(as of yet)

off topic: mel i can help populate toons with ya

King_JCD

|K3|'s Sprite King
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
All i want is for more people to play the S&D server. That's like the best mode ever and i cant ever find anyone on the server

Nate

K3's Caribbean dude
|K3| Moderator
|K3| Media Team
Besides S1, ROTU and Bolts, maybe there can just be a constant change for all other servers at a given period. People always rush I guess to something new and interesting, in the past we've changed to new server types, members/regulars play for while then idk get used to it and stop playing as much. There a tons of mods/gametypes we can mess around with, and if any of them get really populated that server can just remain permanent...

tombraider

K3's social Media Rep.
|K3| Member
So weird question is there any way to combine the servers that art used often? And i haunt looked into it to deeply but rigs of rods is a soft physics game that i find super interesting :)

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Keep Bolts. I use it a good bit just to goof around and practice.

Bolts is off limits. It's not going anywhere. Why? Because it's GT rank = higher than 2k.

I enjoy all the servers with the exception of TDM. TDM is just not my thing. I highly enjoy both gungame and toons- don't play it all that often because it can be hard to get members to play but when we do, it's a good time. I would like to say there have been a few people on gungame (none from the krew, just randoms) lately populating it.

If I had to pick servers I'd really like to keep: a1, bolts, a7, possibly toons. Mod of the month is good if we can keep that going I think, having something different to look forward to is fun.

I would really like to see those who would benefit from LA ping get another server of their choosing whether it be FFA or whatever so they can have a smoother/better playing experience.

What about Killing Floor? I know you guys had one of these prior to me being here but I am seeing more krew members playing this lately.

The thing is that having all these extra servers is what's hurting us. We have quite a few gametypes/mods to choose and play on, it's hard to populate a server consistently (apart from S1). If we could axe some of the cod4 that really aren't being used, I think we could focus getting a cod4 server going at a much faster pace.

The following servers aren't doing so well, and are some that I'd like to axe or changeup: (in order of not used)
-Cartoons: rank 2762
-KTD: 2446
-GunGame: 2296 (being changed to Promod)
-S&D: 2224
-BC TDM: 2098
-Paintball: 2028

a high jump server would be awesome

Not sure how populated it'd be.

I think a hide & seek / prop hunt server would be awesome! Just imagine being on TS with everyone and you're hiding in the broadcast TV room, as a TV... Pretty sure everyone would just be laughing so hard! XD

You mean Obscurity?

All i want is for more people to play the S&D server. That's like the best mode ever and i cant ever find anyone on the server

If you see me online in the mornings, I'll jump on there with you.

Finch

|KKK|'s Epic Chef
|K3| Member
High jump would be awesome RiP have one the only problem is that cheats have to be enabled and people use them a lot like demigod :D

Link

|KKK|'s Storyteller
Former Krew Member
No no wally, prop hunt. I shall link you a video.

Last edited by a moderator:

PrestoN

sherifolocodoco
|K3| Moderator
High jump would be awesome RiP have one the only problem is that cheats have to be enabled and people use them a lot like demigod :D

No they don't. Just jump height commands. One way to get the servers with higher population is to recruit more. Maybe a scrim every two weeks instead? Would require more work so maybe and extra person on that and they just alternate.

SoRude

|KKK|'s Swagga McDaddy
Former Krew Member
+1 for obscurity..
and +1 for high jump server like {SoB} and R.i.P

Gage

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Now that i think about it, SOB /THC/ RIP are dying clans. They used to be big like a year ago but so many players left those clans.
I talked to a former RIP member and he said that he got sick of the low gravity/ high jump server after a while.'
A high jump server might do well in the beginning but it's bound to die out IMO.

Last edited:

theGenius

|KKK|´s Dumbass
|K3| Member
*excluding bolts, gungame & waw aswell pls

than i also think we could simply put a little more commitment in to populating the servers instead of changing the servers them selfs, a emty server always gonna be an empty server, no matter what gametype.

i mean it can be so easy: hit another krewmember up in the shout= bam 2 peeps on the server and often more to come. its not so hard. communication is the key folks!

Titoezz

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
RIP is a hacker infested clan and their jumpserver is even worse.

To get the servers we have populated we need to see what the majority of the players want, not a random mod that a few people think is cool. Of course its probably ok to have a server with a mod that changes every month, but dont spend all your servers with different mods that only a small percentage of the players play.

TDM gets played a lot, FFA gets played a lot and SND gets played a lot. But the gametypes are just 1 thing, theres also server location map rotation and server settings. I think we need to look around in the most popular servers out there atm and just plain copy them. Maybe we can figure out some original thing we can put in every server so its not the exact same.

S1 works great, because we are dedicated to it and all play it. Even what i said all above doesnt cut it anymore, we all need to actually PLAY in the servers. Having people idle works, so i suggest we do that with the newcoming servers instead of s1 now.

Cutting down the recruit time like preston said might work as well but it could change a lot about the clan, we're a family now and thats what makes the clan fun. I personally wouldnt want that to change, but then again, who am I.

Good luck all :)

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Recruiting isn't going to change.

And Finch was right about the high jump server. We've had it in the past and some people would enable unlimited ammo, god mode etc.

Top Bottom