ROTU upgraded to 2.2.1

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Hey folks,

The ROTU folks have made some nice additions/changes. After working on it for the most part of today, I finally found the fault and the server rotates to the next voted map just fine.

It's currently running the following 3 new maps:
-beach
-cemetary

The server may need some settings changes and also some additional maps. So feel free to suggest them.

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
the download has crashed my comp twice on the sound portion ...don't know what that means but ..but it stalls and freezes my comp on iwe3 sound something or other

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
It awesome!

If there is a version of zombie desert that works with the latest version, that would be great :D

edit: do any stock maps work?

Last edited:

SiloHunter

Condescending little prick
|K3| Moderator
Thanks Walt.

Class and Weapon guide coming to a forum near you shortly!

- - - Updated - - -

The spawn rate is 2 per person, if that could be bumped please.

Cryogenic Flare

The King of Tags
Former Krew Member
Thanks Wally.

Perhaps could you remove the map Parkourman, its a horrible map.

I played the new update and frankly, it's a disappointment. Before the update, and before my cod files were deleted, I was roughly in the 30th prestige. Now I have to start over again again? Not too happy about that, but I will make do. However some things I think should be changed
1) The old "boss" zombie is now a regular occurring zombie. I say No thanks. He has been nurffed quite a bit but I still think he should be only a boss zombie.
2) The new solider class guns. An M14? Really? I didn't have a chance to look at all of the class guns but first impressions are not good.
3) Points. Instead of the regular starting 5000, you now start with 6000. Not a big deal. However The zombies now take less time to kill so I think that the points should be nurffed as well.
4) Zombie spawning. I was in our server alone and only 25 zombies spawned for me. very little. I propose moving it back to the old 60 and having more spawn at once instead of 3.

Last edited:

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
Thanks Wally.

I played the new update and frankly, it's a disappointment. Before the update, and before my cod files were deleted, I was roughly in the 30th prestige. Now I have to start over again again? Not too happy about that, but I will make do. However some things I think should be changed
1) The old "boss" zombie is now a regular occurring zombie. I say No thanks. He has been nurffed quite a bit but I still think he should be only a boss zombie.
2) The new solider class guns. An M14? Really? I didn't have a chance to look at all of the class guns but first impressions are not good.
3) Points. Instead of the regular starting 5000, you now start with 6000. Not a big deal. However The zombies now take less time to kill so I think that the points should be nurffed as well.
4) Zombie spawning. I was in our server alone and only 25 zombies spawned for me. very little. I propose moving it back to the old 60 and having more spawn at once instead of 3.

Cryo, have you made it to the boss in the new version? There are 2 extra phases: primary weapon and secondary weapon.

As for 2, play up through all of the guns first :)

3. The kill value changes depending on the wave type. Some waves are worth more or less than others. I found it harder to stock up on points because there are so many more guns.

4. It depends on the map size and number of players. Alone or with one other person, it can be slow, but with more people, the zombies swarm like crazy. Also, I find playing through large waves greatly monotonous and boring. The new waves are fast paced and unpredictable.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Thanks Wally.

I'm not even sure with map is Parkourman. :unsure:

As far as rank goes, it's the way it has to be since it's essentially a new mod. I like to keep the same mod name (rotu2.2.1 - or whatever it's called) so that if you go to another 2.2.1 server, you'll have the same rank and wont have to download the mod again. That only applies if the server admins kept the same mod naming scheme. Besides, if you lost your cod files, you shouldn't have the mod folders anyway :p

1. I can change the difficulty settings. Anyone else agree?
2. Can't help you there. It's not my mod.
3. I can change the points. That's not a problem.
4. And definitely. I'll get a chance to further tweak on Monday morning, if not sooner.

SiloHunter

|K3| Moderator
Thanks Wally.

1) He isn't a boss anymore. You can easily take down 2+ and norm zombs at the same time on your own.
2) All the guns are a bit disappointing. Going through each class for my guide, all secondaries are the same, a lot of guns overlap. You don't have to play the M14 though... You get F2000, AUG and more as options for soldier. I don't get the point of whining about the weapons, they can't change.
3) Why does it matter how many you start with?
4) Your only valid point. Spawn rate could be bumped.

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
Parkorman is a horrible map :p
Tunnel is the worst and easiest maps of them all and also the map most likely to crash the servers due to barrel MG's etc.

I haven't got a chance to play the new version yet since I'm still not home, lol. So I don't really know how the game plays.

The spawnrate on our 2.1 was 3 per player towards the end, which made it very lame and was the reason the server was never populated + the huge amount of zombies on each wave as more people joined.

Solo on wave 9 = 460 zombies with a maximum of 3 spawned in at a time.... Yeah. Buuuuh! lol

The limit should be really high actually. As high as possible. If you put 20 zombies per person it would actually be good. It still wouldn't be able to spawn in more zombies than there are bots on the server so that wouldn't really be a problem.

The way I see it, huge maps such as Beach, Volcano etc. take very long to finish and are very easy, which IMO makes it kinda boring. I know all of you are not gonna agree, we all have different opinions on this and always have.

So I have a few questions.

1. How many waves are there by default?
2. Could we reset the GT-scores for S6? :p (Yeah, I'm picky...)
3. Prestiges. Are there still 45 Prestiges or did they add/remove any Prestiges. My best guess would be that they added MW3 and possibly BO2 Prestiges, making it.... idk... 70? That would be kinda unachievable don't you think?

Zombie Desert, Forestwar, Panchokill and Piramides would be my choices of maps if they would work for 2.2.1 without crashing the server.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
1. How many waves are there by default?
2. Could we reset the GT-scores for S6? :p (Yeah, I'm picky...)
3. Prestiges. Are there still 45 Prestiges or did they add/remove any Prestiges. My best guess would be that they added MW3 and possibly BO2 Prestiges, making it.... idk... 70? That would be kinda unachievable don't you think?

Zombie Desert, Forestwar, Panchokill and Piramides would be my choices of maps if they would work for 2.2.1 without crashing the server.

1. 16 (including the final boss)
2. Don't see why not. New mod, new stats.
3. I believe it's still 45. When you join the server, it tells you #/45, IIRC.

I'll look into getting more maps. It'll have to be tomorrow as I don't want to download them through WiFi here at work. I'll get them at home tomorrow morning.

Here are the changes I've made thus far:
-changed the wave system to a simple: zombies_perplayer X # of players in game + initial zombies. The previous system accounted for wave #'s hence why there were a TON of zombies at the later round. Having a consistent amount will let us raise the zombies per wave and initial zombies.
-raised the zombies per player from 5 to 25
-raised the zombies per wave from 5 to 100 lol
-raised the initial zombies from 20 to 50

So if 1 person is playing, you should see roughly 75 zombies. At least, that's the theory.

The server has been restarted with the above changes. Can someone check the new changes and give input?

SiloHunter

|K3| Moderator
Got 75 2nd wave. (first was cyclopes, glad I didnt get 75 of them.) Thanks for that.
However, the spawn rate is still slow. 2 at a time.

Nikon

カメラマン
|K3| Member
Spawn rate is low? Try playing cemetery or beach with 4+ people when the explosive dog wave rolls around. It was hard enough to begin with and bumping the spawn rate will make it nearly impossible. I thought the spawn rate was great to begin with.

Top Bottom