Possible change from KKK to CCC or C3 or some alternative to a famous hate group

What are your thoughts on changing the clan name from KKK to something a little less inflammatory?

• K3 - No Change to name, just tags.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PwnSauce

Banned
I'm not criticizing the name KKK but you have to admit that can be unnecessarily inflammatory and subject to misinterpretation by other gamers, other clans and can obviously attract hate mongers and other functionally retarded ilk.

I'd guess that all KKK krewmembers know the real story and that's cool but to other gamers, it's a hate group, or at least the name of a hate group and that appears to attract a certain low-brow player who spews the 'n' word on the server.

Maybe I shouldn't even suggest this, not yet being a member but as a potential member, it would concern me if I wanted to share the clan with someone but have to break it to my friends (Whatever color or ethnicity) that KKK isn't a hate group. It's just a coincidence. There's little room for interpretation on such a name.

Besides, C3 is a cool alternative considering it's a type of explosive and accurately represents the correctly spelled clan name without putting an unnecessary spotlight of hate on us.

[C3]pwnsauce looks sweet eh?

ciao,
Greg
(pwnsauce)

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Intersting. I have no problem with being KKK, but people i have told about it immediatley raise an eyebrow and say KKK? Even after i explain the reasons they still Question it. I don't go too other servers often but when i do i usually get questioned as well.

I do see the "N" word on occasion in game but i don't see it a whole lot. I like the name C3 and would not be opposed to changing. However, it would be kinda sad to see the KKK tags go.

I did not put a vote in because i feel two ways about the subject.

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Personally I don't like the idea of changing the tags either. I agree that we would get less shit for it, but to be honest I really don't hear much about it anyways on that part. There are people that come in to the servers and say hateful, racist things but when I tell them what our tags mean most of them stop, and the ones that don't get the boot.

I'm pretty sure this topic has been brought up before and from what I remember most of the members that said something wanted to stick with the KKK tags, even through the crap we gotta put up with. And if you don't wanna get shit when you go to someone else's server, just take the tags off and then go, I actually have another proflie made that is exactly like my main one, just without the tags and i use that one for other servers :D

Code

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
Interesting topic. This may be weird but when I first found this server and saw the KKK name it never even occured to me to assume it was a "inflamatory" name. It's a game so I never pondered it much. I'm relatively new here so I can go either way however for the owner and tenured members this may be tabu. I come here for the server and the people, the name is not the motivator in my case but I am proud being a member and a noobie mod here. My own opinion is that everything is getting way too PC and we all have freedom of speech. Besides, have you seen some of the names players use? Cockslap, Eat MY Load, Vaginal Blood, My Ass Hurts, etc. not very PC either! In the few months I've been here I have not seen that many complaints to justify a change and I see racist comments on other servers too. If it were up to me I'd leave it as is. Whoever does not like the name, well, give them some pwnsauce and they just might change their mind :p

I noticed the binds were gone perhaps a bind every minute or so with "Welcome to the Kaptain Krunch Krew"..............you get the idea. That may answer the question before it's even asked.

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
Yea I never really heard of anyone ever questioning the kkk tag, same as pink i never really notice about the real meaning. Plus its one of the site rules i think not to make racist comments so there should be no problem with the tag

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I also, along with pink never noticed or thought about it being KKK until i told someone this was the klan i'm joining and they said KKK? I said yea, so? Then it dawned on me. I think in the end i would want to keep KKK, i would be sad to see those tags go.

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
I'm split on this personally.. I do know Poodles Dad has a real issue with the KKK tags and I understand his point. I can't use them at all in work due to a tense racist attitude throughout my department. On the other hand I love being here and wearing my tags proudly..

Caveadsum

The Merchant of Venom
|K3| Legend
Alright. About attracting low brow, yes sometimes we do get a few of those on the servers, but we've never gotten them in our krew. There are people like I think there was a N*****Eater but he didn't make an effort to post anything. We really don't get that much of that type anyway, on the servers or any on the forums.

When I first came, the name did occur to me but I figured why on earth would anyone set up a racist group where you can't even see anyone's skin?? The admin could be black for all we know! It's truly illogical so that's why I had no qualms with peeking into the servers.

When you're marketing a product, you have to make it noticeable, and sometimes it can help to choose a potentially inflammatory name that gets my attention. It sure got mine! I think the tags are pretty cool really, we've had them for a long time, and to back down now would almost be like saying "Well we're not being racist anymore, we're sorry if we hurt anybody's feelings." For people already familiar with us, it seems to me that this would do more to solidify in their minds that we were being racist and I would expect more shit from those people.

If you're just worried about going to other servers and that sort of thing, if it's really that bad just take the tags off when you're over there.

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
i have two things to say

1: - FOOK WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK

2: - if some one said you shose were shit would you go out and buy a new pair because of what they thought. i know for a fact that i would not and its kinda the same thing as at the end of the day is a name/tag

Dizaster

Master Sergeant
Former Krew Member
Yea in my time of being on KKK servers and being a member ive yet too see one remark that were in fact racist. Ive seen someone ask once if were u know those other assholes, but other than that i think ur claims are kinda bs lol. Also as to changing the tags ummm NOOO!

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
this is hard. before i joined the clan, i didn't konw what ku klux klan was. but i joined the klan Kaptain Krunch Krew, and i personally want it to stay that way.

honestjohnny

Master Sergeant
|K3| Legend
I worked hard to get these tags and to change it would kinda take away from that. It would be like finally making the NHL team just in time to get the news that the team is being demoted to AHL. not that changing the name would really be a demotion but it would just kinda suck.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Thanks for everyone's inputs guys! :)

I didn't want to give my 2 cents because I didn't want anyone to feel sort-of pressured or swayed to stick with our tags.

I made these tags without an intention to be racist at all, even though I knew I was gonna get shit for it when I first started. Trust me, I got quite a lot. I stood my ground and this is where we're at now. I've had the |KKK| tags since October '08 and hopefully things don't change anytime soon.

Cave said it perfectly! I thought about it like marketing. In order to get attention you need to be somewhat creative. I tried but I always came back to |KKK| and figured it was the easiest to get people in the server. It's worked for the most part. The name brings you in but the members and players keep you in the server. ;)

AVC

Banned
Fine topic.

I must admit, before I joined, I actually searched for a Clan/Krew with an active web forum. I'd checked out a few (including Aussie ones) and most of them had posts weeks apart. When I found KKK it didn't even occur to me (I guess being in Australia it's not in the forefront of my mind). Sometimes people ask, I have a bind which says "|Kaptain Krunch Krew|, so 99% of the time it shuts them up. The other 1% will talk shit and be inflammatory no matter what the tags are.

It sure would level the playing field in the server stats, as you know a name change puts you back to square one (Sargass would have coronary).

If we were to change I would suggest something search engine friendly, not sure what though.

CCC - Canterbury Clothing Company
C3 - Command, Control & Communications

I guess everything can be misconstrued.

Yeah, I have an alternate name, but it's more for UC, as I don't really play other COD4 servers

Top Bottom