New Ride

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
its a 2003 plate Jaguar XJ with a 4.2 litre Supercharged V8. never really liked it till i got there and saw it in real life and then when i drove it f**k me i was impressed for a big its got some moves. only went to see it because the misses wanted something she could run the kids about in when she has them that would be safe and also something that would be fast and fun to drive when she dont have the kids.

British cars get slated quite a bit and after driving this i dont see why. It has to be one of the best standard cars i driven even if it dose look like a bit of a pimps car or grandads car

[attachment deleted by admin]

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Not bad at all Pug, I like it a lot and for you American's out there UK £11,995 = $17,720.21 U.S. dollars (5-17-10).

Not a bad deal at all for a Jag dood, Oh and like the other guys said the right hand side for steering is weird for me too since I'm in the USA and our is left handed, either way that car I'm sure kicks ass!! :p

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
Not bad at all Pug, I like it a lot and for you American's out there UK £11,995 = $17,720.21 U.S. dollars (5-17-10).

Not a bad deal at all for a Jag dood, Oh and like the other guys said the right hand side for steering is weird for me too since I'm in the USA and our is left handed, either way that car I'm sure kicks ass!! :p

well here are the things that make a good car lol

Model Jaguar XJR 4.2 V8 Supercharged
Engine 4196cc, eight cylinders
Power 400bhp @ 6100rpm
Torque 408 lb ft @ 3500rpm
Transmission Six-speed automatic
Fuel 23.4mpg (combined cycle)
CO2 289g/km
Acceleration 0-60mph: 5.0sec
Top speed 155mph

Post Merge: [time]1274156589[/time]

well i say the things that make a good car but there is also things on there that dont really need to be there like fuel and CO2 i mean really do i care about that NO. all i was worried about was power, torque and top speed bu yes i will agree the top speed aint the best but i can live with that lol and the top speed is limited so it can go faster and i have the 106 for pratting about in and the jag for everything else.

AVC

Banned
Superchargers rule. I hate turbo lag.

I like the light interior. I was never a fan of the old woodgrain, but our LR has it too. Better that cheap plastic I guess.

At least the steering wheel is on the correct side. :p

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
Superchargers rule. I hate turbo lag.

I like the light interior. I was never a fan of the old woodgrain, but our LR has it too. Better that cheap plastic I guess.

At least the steering wheel is on the correct side. :p

i was always told that people who hate turbos dont drive them right lol. i dont mind turbos it makes the driver work harder and unlike the supercharger a turbo is always on boost or off (you have to work hard to keep the revs so the turbo is always on boost and work hard to balance the throttle to control the power the car puts down, which makes you work hard going round corners and coming out of corners but even tho it makes you do all the extra work you get to see the results lol) where as a supercharger is driven by engine power so the lower the revs the less boost pressure and yes you still have to balance the throttle but no where near as much as you do with a turbo. to be fair i like my turbo 106 and the supercharged jag for the difference between the way they drive

yes i like the inside and im not a fan of the wood so im gonna go to jaguar and see if they still make the alloy dash kit for it if not it might get cvered in carbon fibre or something

yer thats always a good thing lol

AVC

Banned
Mmm carbon fibre, that "wood" look good.

The only issue i have with our turbo is taking off from the mark. Although if I ride the brake, and up the revs to about 1400 the thing will launch. Ok at the lights, but not real good to leap into another lane if your at idle.

Our LR has the wood grain, but the alloy (which is the other colour) would look crap with the light tan interior. Looks Ok with black, but I hate black interiors.

R

ryan.neverstop

That left-hand drive is soooooooo SEXY!!! :p Nice car pug.
lol you mean right hand drive. Never nice pug, lol no skyline or anything.

hey on a real note. how much do you thing my car would go far there in pounds

Caveadsum

The Merchant of Venom
|K3| Legend
I need this car. I need it now. I will get it. Let's see I can get over to England in say 12 hours give or take, I should be able to track him down in the next 24 hours after that. So I should have this car by the day after tomorrow. Lock your doors Puggy, I'm coming.

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
lol you mean right hand drive. Never nice pug, lol no skyline or anything.

hey on a real note. how much do you thing my car would go far there in pounds

no i dont really do jap cars but i have been eyeing up the evo's but i could nto find a nice one

what car you got again?

Post Merge: [time]1274235704[/time]

Mmm carbon fibre, that "wood" look good.

The only issue i have with our turbo is taking off from the mark. Although if I ride the brake, and up the revs to about 1400 the thing will launch. Ok at the lights, but not real good to leap into another lane if your at idle.

Our LR has the wood grain, but the alloy (which is the other colour) would look crap with the light tan interior. Looks Ok with black, but I hate black interiors.

yer i think its going to be carbon fibre

yer i dont like auto cars at all. i am looking for a manual gearbox for jag

Post Merge: [time]1274236090[/time]

Sweet ride! Now upgrade the pulley for more boost!

yer its getting a new supercharger and charge cooler

im looking in to getting the head ported and polished, new cams, bottom end balanced, racing fly wheel and clutch, manual gearbox and remapped

Post Merge: [time]1274236223[/time]

I need this car. I need it now. I will get it. Let's see I can get over to England in say 12 hours give or take, I should be able to track him down in the next 24 hours after that. So I should have this car by the day after tomorrow. Lock your doors Puggy, I'm coming.

i dont see you making it out the country with it lol and if you did manage to find it you just need to hope that he police find you before the misses dose. she loves that car that much that every time we go out she drives so i get to sit in the back and look inportant lol

Caveadsum

The Merchant of Venom
|K3| Legend
lol yeah. I would prefer to face England's cops with their helmets and batons any day over an angry woman.

R

ryan.neverstop

no i dont really do jap cars but i have been eyeing up the evo's but i could nto find a nice one

what car you got again?

Post Merge: [time]1274235704[/time]

yer i think its going to be carbon fibre

yeah thats the thing they never sold my car in the UK and i was going to get a evo 5 or 6. i just want to know if i could get more for it over there then here. I have that 01 eclipse.
http://www.cod4kkk.com/automotive/why-i-have-been-gone-so-much!!/

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
Top Bottom