Currently Reading and Just Finished

SiloHunter

Condescending little prick
|K3| Moderator
The books are different from the show Rival.

Riders of the Purple Sage and other Zane Grey stuff.

felon

I'm back :)
Former Krew Member
Anyone read A song of fire and ice series? (Game of thrones)

I'm a huge fan of the books. IMO they're better than the show. The show doesn't give you the extra material upon which you can base theories about the next books etc.

@silo, the show follows the same story as the books, with minor changes and only a few major things different.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Just finished The count of Monte cristo.

Now onto more of The Sherlock Homles adventures stories. Probably read a couple of those and then move onto ...... :thinking:

Either Clear and present danger or one of my non fictions.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Just finished Game of Thrones, the first book In the song of fire and ice series. Was awesome. Would've been much better had i not seen the series, but in reading the book you get much more of a sense of the characters and the connections between them, as well as all of the Houses involved. I'm going nonstop right into book two. The tv show is good, but book one was better.

BuckRogers

Staff Sergeant
|K3| Member
Im on the last book! Epic stuff eh? but you do need to keep a lot of names / associations straight in your head!

Book v film - book almost always wins - take Lord of the rings for eg. Films were good but sucked v the books.

Oh - I ve read them all on my phone! anyone else use their phone for books?

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
On that tiny screen? :fuckthatshit:

For book one i bought the large paperback , the 6x9.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
NO probs on the screen size and you can read in bed without pissing the wife off! lol

This is true. I read most of my books on my tablet and not having to fuss with a light, and the shadows cast over the book etc. is nice. You should consider a Kindle or cheap 7 inch tablet. The new Kindle fire HD's are only $139.

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
Books are definitely the way to go before a tv/movie..I currently am reading the Witcher saga...i like it a lot..I always thought it was just a game..come to find out it was books first ..then a game ,then an awesome tv series (polish w/english subtitles),i watched the whole series this week ..that was great too but from what i read the movie should be skipped..

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
I'm reading "A History of Western Philosophy" by Bertrand Russell and "The God Dellusion" by Richard Dawkins right now.

You'd enjoy reading them if you like that ind of non-fiction books.

You might find "the god dellusion" offensive if you are a theist, tho.

The Moment

|K3|Recruit Admin
|K3| Executive
I've read The God Delusion. Personally it wasn't convincing, but other seem to think it is. It's a well written book though.

If you read The God Delusion, also read St. Thomas Aquinas' Summa Theoligica. It's a huge task, but it will show you the other side of the argument, which makes you more credible. Knowing both sides of the argument is the best way to reason with someone.

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
I might read 'A Scientist Presents Evidence of God' or something like that when I finish those two books but I'm not sure if I need to read it.
I mean I know that it won't convince me like The God Dellusion didnt convince you and I have a lot of other books to read.. so why waste time for nothing

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Some of the comments on the God delusion on Amazon were mind boggling. Talk about nut jobs.

I'm about 30% through A song of fire and ice book 2. I have a feeling I'll go right into book three when i finish this one. The books so far just destroy the tv show. I have a much , much better understanding of the characters and how everything weaves together. Much more than the show can provide.

@ Buck - What tablet(s) are you looking at? I did a lot of research last year before getting mine.

Last edited:

BuckRogers

Staff Sergeant
|K3| Member
@damage - Thanks mate! Not really done much work on it yet, but it will be a good all rounder, mid price. Wife likes Samsung. What did you go for in the end?

Game of thrones - minor irritation - pages and pages spent introducing a new character - 2 chapters later hes been disembowelled / had his head struck off or otherwise despatched! lol

Im waiting on the next 1, damage, run out! d'ya know when its out?

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I went with the Samsung galaxy tab 2. It's a very good tablet and I'm happy with it, but there are certainly much better out there (specs wise). Its cheap though, currently around $170 i think. The new Nexus is really good, but it also uses the latest Android so expect some bugs and compatibility issues. Maybe updates have already been applied, not sure. Are you looking for an all around tablet or something to use primarily as an E-reader?

Top Bottom