Guitar thread

ponyboy

|KKK|'s Pony
|K3| Member
does anyone else here know how to play guitar? I just started and im loving it. I have a suzuki guitar.

MR.N00B!

Corporal
|K3| Member
lol.. I was just thinking someone should make a thread like this the other day.. Yeah I play and yeah it's awesome lol

Jack

|KKK|s Sexiest Voice
|K3| Member
i used to play, stopped playing last year though, cant really find the motivation now that im not close to my friends and cant compare myself to them, which is why i used to play.
i did build my own electric guitar in highschool though.

MR.N00B!

Corporal
|K3| Member
i used to play, stopped playing last year though, cant really find the motivation now that im not close to my friends and cant compare myself to them, which is why i used to play.
i did build my own electric guitar in highschool though.

I would suggest picking it back up again. Atleast if you have plans on playing in the future. I had stopped for a period of time and I kind of hate myself for it now.. I could be a much better player lol.. But of course it's your call.

Freeze

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Yep, been playing it very intensively over the last 2 years. Love it :)

ponyboy

|KKK|'s Pony
|K3| Member
I want an electric guitar so BADDDDD!!! should i buy a guitar pack or just buy everything seperatly?

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Definitely buy everything separately

Ibanez makes good cheap guitars.

Jay Terser also makes good cheap knockoffs.

Sheldon

Sergeant
I just play for fun, have a 1997 California Series Fender Stratocaster, red. Sexy as fuck.

Can't play with my broken wrist though...

Jack

|KKK|s Sexiest Voice
|K3| Member
I have an epiphone les paul, pirates of the carribean edition and the guitar i made is an explorer shape, come to think of it, its been over a year, i should obably finish it. Lol

PaigeBoo

|KKK|s wise lesbian
Former Krew Member
I have an Ibanez myself. I don't know how to read any music or really play tablature to be honest. But I like to write my own stuff based on what sounds good. It's a long slow process of finding exactly what I want to hear but it's fun.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Do you write out your songs in tab?

I have a cool tablature book. It's all blank lines of tab each page.

Whats your budget for a guitar/amp?

I might even suggest you play the acoustic for a while and make sure it's something you're going to stick with. Lots of people get excited for electric guitars, play them for a while, then quit.

Last edited:

PaigeBoo

|KKK|s wise lesbian
Former Krew Member
No, I have a number system for writing down the songs. For me it's easier to see the numbers than to look at tab stuff

Jack

|KKK|s Sexiest Voice
|K3| Member
i wish i could make acoustic music but i cant write music for shit, i'll start trying to make something up, then realise its a song ive been listening to.

MasterCLiP

Resident Brony
Former Krew Member
I been practicing guitar for a few months now, its not that hard to learn tabs and once you do you can learn how to play alot of songs. I would love to see some good tabs you guys have or found.

Jack

|KKK|s Sexiest Voice
|K3| Member
^
A good program is guitarpro or powertab, guitar pro is far better, but i cant seem to find free versions easily, ultimate guitar has tabs specifically for those programs too, they also make it easy to write your own stuff.

Top Bottom