Pakistan BANS Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 and Medal of Honor: Warfighter!

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Fox News is reporting that Pakistan has banned all Call of Duty and Medal of Honor games for showing their country “in a very poor light.”
Fox News states that this ban came in place due to shop owners telling the government how the games are representing their country.
A translated article from a Middle East digital media has stated:
The Association has always boycotted these types of films and games. These (games) have been developed against the country’s national unity and sanctity. The games (“Medal of Honor: Warfighter” and “Call of Duty: Black Ops II”) have been developed against Pakistan, and the association has completely banned their sale. Shopkeepers are warned and will be responsible for the consequences if found purchasing or selling these games.
Call of Duty and Medal of Honor both have a few sequences in Pakistan. More importantly, the newest Activision’s latest title, Black Ops II, also has many sequences in Pakistan showing them as the hotbed of terrorist activity. Activision’s most popular title will no longer be sold in Pakistan, leaving Activision without one of their major market in the Middle East.
SOURCE: Fox News via Kotaku

Taken From: http://www.cod247.com/showthread.php?t=81959

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Care_O_Meter.jpg

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Lol relax guys, I'm just keeping you informed on some current events. It's better to know about it than to be completely ignorant of it even happening.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
No, he actually lives with 100 cats!

And who gives a rat's ass what a bunch of fkng towl heads think?

Then again, we should thank them. if it weren't for the fkn towel heads we all have to play Railroad Tycoon or GTA

:troll:

:smh:

Kessa

|KKK|'s Sheep Herder
Former Krew Member
No, he actually lives with 100 cats!

And who gives a rat's ass what a bunch of fkng towl heads think?

Then again, we should thank them. if it weren't for the fkn towel heads we all have to play Railroad Tycoon or GTA

:troll:

those 'towel heads' took care of me in Egypt =P

Sucks to know that kids in the Pakistan can't play any Activision games :C. But they still got MC :D

AVC

Banned
It's unfortunate the few condemn the many and we seem to have such a jaded view.

Tis true. The few (terrorists , i.e. rag heads) condemn the many (i.e. Westerners).

And I have a jaded view of Wally's 200 cats he lives with.

And, for that matter, the few (i.e Pakistani censors) condemn the many (gamers, or developers, or whatever), and think that we think that every single Pakistani must be a terrorist because of a computer game. Now THAT'S a jaded view.

I mean, did Germany ban COD1?

Top Bottom