Kessa's Back, and needs help!

MasterCLiP

Resident Brony
Former Krew Member
we thought about getting Hughesnet in our old house before we moved, back then only way to get on the internet was either dial-up or phone tethering, so anything was an upgrade. Heck im remember when i had to put an icepack on my phone when it almost overheated from tethering. I think my grandparents still use Net Zero. At our new house we use ATT and its pretty good, i usually have under 100 ping on the servers.

Freeze

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
I have no idea what all of this stuff is XD Here in Holland we only have cable or glassfiber cable lol. Well and variations ofcourse.

Kessa

|KKK|'s Sheep Herder
Former Krew Member
*facepalm* m(

I called our current isp, they said we have a 2 year contract.

Looked up Hughes Net, it's reviews aren't as good as I thought.

On the brighter side, I found out I can increase my data plan for $10 each Gig.

/me is becoming nocturnal now :badmood:

Freeze

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
what does that mean? Does it mean that if you download a 10 gig game you lose 100 dollars just due to downloading it? LOL

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I don't think so. It sounds like she has a data cap. If the cap is XX gb per month, anything downloaded within that cap is covered. If her cap is say 20 gb per month, she could increase it to 21 gb per month for an extra $10 per month.

That's how i read it anyway.

Kessa

|KKK|'s Sheep Herder
Former Krew Member
I currently have a 7 GB plan that is $70, (and an additional $9 for the modem)

If I wanted to increase my data plan to 8 GB each month, I would need to pay an extra $10.
The only time I have unlimited access is at 12am to 5am PST.

You know, I may just buy minecraft and play with you guys on there since I can't play cod atm. :\

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
That's just ridiculous.

I'd find out how much it would be to break to contract and crunch some numbers. Going with ATT or something might save you money over the next two years.

Freeze

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Damn I didn't even know they could legally rip you off like that. Why the heck would you ever work together with them?

Kessa

|KKK|'s Sheep Herder
Former Krew Member
"Koreans when they come to the United States… actually laugh at us for how expensive and how slow [American Internet service] is.”

That's it I'm moving to Korea :B.

@Freeze: Because this is the only 'high speed internet connection" we have in our area.

P.S. I called AT&T, and found out they only provide phone service here :banghead:

Kessa

|KKK|'s Sheep Herder
Former Krew Member
PLAN B! I completely forgot that the gas station next to my house offers internet connection :D

It's unlimited, gives 50 ping, and costs $12.50 monthly x3. The downside is, it only gives 2mbps.

But IMO, it's 100% BETTER! Than the screwy internet I have now >:[

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
A gas station that offers internet, is it wifi that you get or what cause I never heard of that lol

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Something to consider about South Korea though. The country is something like 38,000 square miles. The United States is almost 3.8 million square miles. It's a lot harder to provide high speed internet to a country of this size with almost six times the population.

Having said that, i do agree with the outrageous prices and monopolies these companies have. To make it worse, i think a lot of apartment complexes make deals with these companies and in exchange prohibit sat. dishes. I'm not allowed to have any type of dish so I'm stuck with Comcast. My bill is $163 a month for TV w/HD DVR, internet and phone. The hd package i get is the cheapest one they have.

My internet and phone went down Thursday night. Just got it back up this morning when they came over and replaced my modem. When i hooked up a secondary cable modem i used in Calif. yesterday, Comcast locked me out of the internet I PAY FOR by taking me to an activation/restore services page. Of course when i put in my account # it was rejected so i was dead in the water. Nothing else internet related would work until i reactivated, which i could't do.

On topic, i wouldn't go with the gas station option. I still think ATT is your best bet.

Last edited:

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
I currently have a 7 GB plan that is $70, (and an additional $9 for the modem)

If I wanted to increase my data plan to 8 GB each month, I would need to pay an extra $10.
The only time I have unlimited access is at 12am to 5am PST.

You know, I may just buy minecraft and play with you guys on there since I can't play cod atm. :\

As far as I know cod would take like 20 mb / hour or so. I might be wrong but I think cod is not like a video, server sends you some kind of a demo so you have to download just a few MBs.

At least, I used to have 20mb/hour data plan on my iPhone and it was enough to play MW3..

Moreover, If you have to DL the game you can do it at night if you dont have a data plan from 12 to 5, I guess it won't take more than 5hours. The game is about 7gb, while 1,6 and 1,7 patches are about 800 mb in total.

Also, you don't have to buy MC. Just ask Damage or Kreubs or somebody else for a link and DL it for free. You'll save $20 or even more = 1 more month of internet :K. This :pirate: MC works just fine ;)

Kessa

|KKK|'s Sheep Herder
Former Krew Member
@Blu, yep its internet i think they use it as a secondary buissness

@Dee, I called att. They told me they only offer dial up and phone service

@Mike, I would play cod, but the ping i get from my isp is just too high! :(

Im trying out the gas station internet atm. Its slower, but fast enough for me.

(67 cents) for an hour :B

Kessa

|KKK|'s Sheep Herder
Former Krew Member
We used too, but they don't offer it anymore :L.

ANYWAY! Just got the new internet hooked up x3! Gonna try out cod, and if it works then WOOT! XD

- - - Updated - - -

ITS WORKS!!! :veryhappy:

Top Bottom