Kessa's Back, and needs help!

Kessa

|KKK|'s Sheep Herder
Former Krew Member
Hello everybody, I really want to play with you guys again, and I think I will sometime this month!

My mom is FINALLY going to change our ISP, but she doesn't know which one to switch to. So, she's asked me to find the best one possible~!

But I haven't had much luck, unfortunately Comcast doesn't reach my house and I reeaalllyy don't want to go back to AT&T, so any info about a good ISP will help me plenty, please ^_^;;??

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
http://cablemover.com/Home

That should be your first stop as we don't know your local ISP's. That's only for cable Internet though. Your local phone company might offer DSL, but I've personally have had bad experiences with it...

Your current connection doesn't seem too bad, 'cept for the ping.. Who's your current ISP and how much do you guys pay for it?

Good to see you back, Kessa. :)

Kessa

|KKK|'s Sheep Herder
Former Krew Member
Thx Wally, I really want be back. :D

And I have no idea about what my local ISP's are. Our current one is called Wildblue Communications. (satellite)

We're using a 7GB data plan that's $99 a month! :rage:

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
Kessa, guess what?

Kreubs has 120 mb/s for 10 bux a month and no data plan :troll2:

And welcome back :K

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Kessa, $99 for Internet? Where the heck do you live? That's raep!!! :dolan:

Click on the link I posted, and it'll tell you what Internet cable providers are in your area. If you only see one, don't be surprised. ISP's have some agreement which basically make them a monopoly :|

Kessa, guess what?

Kreubs has 120 mb/s for 10 bux a month and no data plan :troll2:

And welcome back :K

just-gtfo.jpg

Kessa

|KKK|'s Sheep Herder
Former Krew Member
Omgawd I know -n-

His MW3 downloaded in like 2mins >:U (im jelly)

- - - Updated - - -

I searched, it gave me Comcast :picard:

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
Welcome back, Kessa! I had comcast cable internet back in the states. Except for the occasional crash, it was quite decent.

All this gossip about my interwebs! If it makes you guys feel any better, my internet is now more expensive. Based on the current exchange rate, it's about $15.

:troll2:

Last edited:

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Well usually the best ISP's are the cable companies ( i think ) for the average house. If you can't get any of them ( Comcast , Time warner, COX ) i would go with ATT. If you didn't like the service/speed last time you can try going with a different plan maybe that gives you better speed. Only other alternatives i can think of are companies like Centurylink who i would not recommend.

You can also look into Verizon FIOS.

Good luck. Good to have you back.

Last edited:

Kessa

|KKK|'s Sheep Herder
Former Krew Member
I've checked Verizon FIOS, heard it was rated the best internet provider in the states, but is more focused on the East coast.

I am here....on the west m(

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
FIOS isn't everywhere. But yes, it's probably the best in the US. It would tell you it's a pretty penny for FIOS but considering you guys are paying $99/month for slow Internet, FIOS might be cheaper lol.

I can't get FIOS in South LA or in our house in AZ :\

igno121

Eskimo with Eskiho's
|K3| Member
Welcome back, Kessa! I had comcast cable internet back in the states. Except for the occasional crash, it was quite decent.

All this gossip about my interwebs! If it makes you guys feel any better, my internet is now more expensive. Based on the current exchange rate, it's about $15.

:troll2:

lol only 15$ for really good internet, i need new webs and the best deal is 50 a month where i live, and welcome back Kessa, I havn't meet you before but hope to play with you on a1 sometime

igno out

Kessa

|KKK|'s Sheep Herder
Former Krew Member
Hey there Igno, nice to meetcha XD

and if i can't find any other isp we'll just go with AT&T again :\

oh btw, Jan 15, is when we plan to switch :D!

Sgt.Fishy

Sergeant
|K3| Member
Kessa, just go with Verizon. I have had issues with them in the past, yeah, but after having a upgrade from .90MBPS to 10-16MBPS for only 30 bucks, it's freakin' amazing fast and the ping is ALWAYS low on games. I have over 8 devices on my router at all times and I've yet to have a single issue.

Cryogenic Flare

The King of Tags
Former Krew Member
I got Verizon my speed on a shitty mac is 10 mb/s with wifi

They're pretty good. Just be glad u don't have Korea's Internet! :LOL:

Top Bottom