What has apple actually invented on their own? (Hardware)

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Does it matter? Bottom line they are the most profitable company right now i think.

Tons of things we have here in the US were stolen or "borrowed" designs from other countries.

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
Does it matter? Bottom line they are the most profitable company right now i think.

They're making tons of profits off of other companies. Like he said in the video. They're a recipe company. They take cake & Chocolate & mix it and then they say "Hey, we invented the chocolate cake."

Next thing you know they're gonna patent the fruit APPLE. Claiming they invented it. Silly people....

Also, you are NOT an Apple fanboy just because you own an Apple device. Owning an Apple device doesn't mean you like it. You can still yell at it and throw it on the ground, right?

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
My point was, so what? Lots of companies do this. Tons of things are based on designs taken from other countries, people etc.

Bottom line, they are number one. Regardless of what anyone wants to say about them, they are more profitable than anyone and that's all that really matters in business. Corporate espionage is a billion dollar industry. Nothing new. Business is thought of as war by probably every fortune 500 company.

Nothing silly about being #1.

Last edited:

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
I've said this for so long but Apple fanboys still exhibit vehement opposition saying I have no proof...

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
But why does it matter? If i'm the ceo or founder of Apple and someone says to me, hey you stole all your designs etc, i say , SO what. I used them to make my company one of the biggest in the world, what have you done?

If a king got be king by killing off his rivals or other illegitimate means, so what. He's still the king.

Last edited:

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
I'm just thankful that they made something that wasn't butt-ugly! Doesn't matter if it was a ripoff of something else.

People are just mad that it has an Apple logo and that they charge an arm, a leg and they rape you while they're at it.

AVC

Banned
In terms of phones they are not number one.
Galaxy S3s have had higher sales in Q3 of 2012

So there.

I have a Galaxy S3, wifey has iPhone 5. I WIN!

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Apples-cash-would-soar-6583-miles-into-space-640x359.jpg

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
They could atleast give credit to the companies they took the ideas from.

"I'd like to thank Intel for providing our awesome processor" instead of "OMG! Look what I made!"

"Look how we improved this!" instead of "We invented a brand new thing that has never been thought of before. OMG we're so awesome! No one will ever make something that looks a little like this from across a room or we'll sue!"

Also Apple CEO's thoughts:
"If someone doesn't patent something so that other companies can use it we will patent it and then sue whoever uses it. HAHA!"

"I love filling my wallet with money made from products made by other companies which we we changed a little and stuck an Apple logo on and sold for more than it's worth."

Bambi

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
As much as I hate Apple for aggressively patenting everything in sight, the idea behind Patent Law (and intellectual property law in general) is to bring new ideas and technology to market. People have this misconception that it is there to protect the rights of the person that invented it, WRONG! Worldwide all intellectual property systems could have been created with more rights for the original inventor, but all they really give them is a grace period and then boom big company swoops in and takes it. I have some shiny apple products, and they are superb, but for (a) the price, and (b) the fact that they are from apple.

Bambi

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
Oh, and in answer to the original question, nothing. At least I can't think of anything. My latest disappointment was the magnetic charger connectors. Turns out they were required in Japan by law for kettles and deep fat fryers. Another failure to investigate properly by the US patent office.

Sodalover

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
Computers, like guns, isn't something that can be invent again. Improve and innovate upon, but never again will it be invent. Fundamental gun features have stayed pretty much the same since the 15th century, that is create combustion and propels a small metallic object from the resulting explosion to inflict damage on a target. Sure, guns can now fire without utilizing gunpowder, have magazine action behind the trigger and shortening the length of the gun in general, fire bullets at a much much faster velocity, but the fundamental of a gun still stayed the same. Any new invention that possess this fundamental rule isn't a new invention, it's an improvement on the gun.

Last edited:

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I don't think so. It's just a name they came up with for a high res screen to make it sound fancy and be exclusive to Apple. I think. Not 100%. Apple obviously didn't invent high resolution screens.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Yea. Apple is bullshit.

The real thinkers get little to no credit.

Next they will come out with their patented "high end headphones" they stole the drivers from other company for.

Apple is like Nike or Bose. Marketing wizards.

Top Bottom