America Fuck Yeah

Madeinkorea

|KKK|'s Lagger
|K3| Member
I agree with sarg, he had good intentions but it was not the smartest move to run out in the open to draw fire. He could of moved up into cover and then draw fire

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
from the video description:

*READ* From the cameraman:
" I got a hit a total of 4 times. My helmet cam died and i made it down the mountain on my own. I was also hit in the side of my helmet and my eye pro was shot off of my face. We were doing overwatch on the village to recon and gather intel. I was point heading down the face of the hill with the LT. when we got hit. the rest of the squad was pinned down by machine gun fire. I didn't start the video until a few mins into the firefight for obvious reasons. I came out into the open to draw fire so my squad could get to safety."

"A round struck the tube by my hand of the 203 grenade launcher which knocked it out of my hands. When I picked the rifle back up it was still functional but the grenade launcher tube had a nice sized 7.62 cal bullet hole in it and was rendered useless. "

edit: and I am not saying he wasn't an idiot

Last edited:

Nikon

カメラマン
|K3| Member
I never said what he did was intelligent, I'm not going to call him stupid either. All I'm saying is don't go around bashing soldiers when these guys risk everything they have so we can live our lives in peace.

I really cannot wait until I get back to the States and get into the Air Force ROTC.

Freeze

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
I never said what he did was intelligent, I'm not going to call him stupid either. All I'm saying is don't go around bashing soldiers when these guys risk everything they have so we can live our lives in peace.

I really cannot wait until I get back to the States and get into the Air Force ROTC.

I would say the same in any other war, but this war was started by the US not to protect national peace but to win oil in the east (that rhymed).

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Many times in war you put logic aside to save the lives of your fellow soldiers. It's been done in every war by brave men who sacrifice their life to save the lives of many. Until you're in a situation like that, you have NO, absolutely NO clue of what it's like to be in a war zone or under fire.

It's easy to sit behind a PC, watch a short video and then make a snap judgement on something you're clueless about, but the bottom line is this soldier probably did what he felt he had to do to save his squad from taking casualties. Until you're in a situation like this or in combat, i don't think we really have a right to judge a soldier by a three minute video.

The Moment

|K3|Recruit Admin
|K3| Executive
29664975.jpg

OT, even if the guy made a bad decision by not having cover, the man is still fighting in a place that no one wants to be. I respect him just for being there.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
lol miles. AK's and M4's dont have that kind of range. Even inaccurate fire will keep a persons head down.

SteelHorse

|KKK|Clash Expert
|K3| Member
Wow I never thought this would spark an international debate on the IQ of the guy. He's a Marine and yep they are prolly the most low IQ of the military thats how they got the name JarHead, but they are brave and get the job done. I wouldn't want any other military doing the job that they do. Y'all need to remember this guy has no effect (besides the vote he can cast) on where he goes or the missions he gets assigned. So don't get mad @ this guy because of the politicians over here telling him what to do. And can someone explain what the US would be over there for Oil pls? We have more oil here in the US then they have over there. So I beg to differ. Now i'm not saying that I agree with us being over there but we are so i'm going to support our troops whether I agree with what they are doing or not. Hell I would say that 90% of the time the soldiers would not agree with the missions they are sent on or the places they are sent to fight but it's their job so fucking do it. And yeah none of y'all have war time experience (correct me if i'm wrong) so y'all shouldn't be bashing this guy for doing what he thought was best for his squad all the rest of us would prolly be over in the ditch peeing in our pants calling for mom to come and get us. I don't have battle field experience but i do have life and death split decision making experience and you do not think normally when all you can think about is your family and you may not see them again and your just trying to get through the day without dying y'all have no idea the circumstances this guy was in and until you can say yeah I have been under fire and close to death why don't y'all just STFU and write something positive about the guy...hey there's something you aren't used to. And yeah i'm proud to be an american so get over it we are the most powerful country in the world and I don't give a fuck if you like it or not its the truth. When the US sneezes the whole world catches a cold.

I like Nikon's posts so... And christians have a even worse track record? um do you want to explain that pls?

This is of course is more aimed @ the kids that seam to know how to run the world and have huge amounts of life experience then the people like Bred and Damage, and Sarg.

Last edited:

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
To anyone who thinks this guy is dumb for drawing fire to himself:

Sometimes a soldier feels that the need to protect his buddies is far superior than keeping himself safe. That being said, soldiers put themselves in danger for us, people they don't even know, which makes me realize that when it comes to someone they do know very well (teammates) they will do ANYTHING it takes to keep them safe.

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
What does the fact that it took fortitude to do it have anything to do with if it was smart or not? Also, why would I need to do a tour in a war zone to make that statement? Look, if you have respect for these people that fight wars without even knowing the actual reason they're there, and start running around like headless chickens sure, salute them, be proud of your country as per your definition, they're doing their job.
Thinking like that is why the nazis were able to take over certain countries... just sayin

- - - Updated - - -

"Jarhead" - A slang term used by sailors as early as World War II to refer to members of the Marine Corps, drawing the term from the resemblance of the Marine dress blues uniform, with its high collar, to a Mason jar which at the time was made from blue glass.

Jarhead has nothing to do with a Marine's intelligence level or IQ..

Marines are among the bravest and most dedicated soldiers in the world and they put their men and buddies before themselves.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
There are many meanings for jarhead. I think the most common meaning for people is the "high and tight" haircut that many Marines have, which makes their head look like a jar.

When i lived in Oceanside (a military city due to camp pendleton USMC base, also one of the biggest) every Marine i heard talk about said it referred to their haircuts.

I would say many military personnel know why they are in a war zone or whether or not the actions they are participating in are just or not. Despite this, most still fight and do their jobs for their fellow soldiers. This isn't exclusive to any one country. They most certainly do not run around like headless chickens , ignorant of why they are there.

Last edited:

PwnSauce

Banned
For my part, I'd say that was a pretty disorganized attack.
Once he started taking fire he didn't run for cover, reorganize with his unit or direct fire back at the enemy like he should have.

At the same time, combat is chaotic and everybody reacts differently under the stress. Maybe it was his first combat exposure.

I would say that, the injury that caused him to drop his weapon wasn't bad enough to cause him to take panic breaths so he should/could have continued fighting and defending his team, not sit there like a wuss screaming for help hoping someone saves him.

People like that cost the lives of other soldiers.

AVC

Banned
I'm with greg here. And, having beentrained as a soldier, I CAN call him a dumbass.

You don't draw enemy fire by inviting them to shoot holes in you. You drop, take cover as much as you can, and if there's no cover you present yourself as a smallest target as possible to incoming hostile fire.

Best way to cover your buddies is to lay some accurate fire at the enemy position. Fire and movement. Which is exactly why his team was pinned down. They were receivng harassing fire from the enemy.

EDIT: I was at work when I wrote that.

Having watched the entire clip with sound, that guy is the dumbest ass ever. Piss poor weapons discipline. Fumbling around with his empty mag and drops his weapon on the ground twice. And what's this firing from the hip shit? There was some decent cover and he's wandering around all over the place.

Incoming hostile fire >> Run, Drop, Crawl, Observe, Aim, Shoot. He did precisely fk all of it. I can only surmise that the enemy were so badly trained they missed him. Otherwise they would have turned him into swiss cheese

Last edited:

SteelHorse

|KKK|Clash Expert
|K3| Member
They almost did turn him into swiss cheese lol. And yeah he prolly would have done something different had he been fighting a trained enemy. That mountain doesn't seam to have a lot of cover options on it though maybe he thought he could stay moving and by crawling that to me would present him as a easier target then if he was trying to get down the mountain quickly. Maybe stop drop and crawl would be the thing to do but on the mountain side I don't see that doing anything but going ok let me stop moving so y'all can have an easier target...but I don't know the circumstances of the guys surroundings so I can't speak for a matter of fact just stating my opinion.

And I meant to correct the jarhead thing I did look it up before I posted that then I forgot.

Last edited:

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
lol,he did run like hell for that one med size rock on the mountainside though..:K

Top Bottom