Count Me In (If you'll have me). (Intro)

Jack Kerouac

Private First Class
Name: Jack
CoD4 Username: Jack Kerouac
Explain the meaning of your username: Famous American author whose work kind of changed my life.
Steam: Um, sorry to be thick. Don't know what this is.
X-Fire: Ditto.
Months/Yrs. of Gaming Experience: 4
Time you usually play: 5pm GMT
How did you hear about us? Did someone refer you or you came on your own freewill? If so, please let us know who referred you here: Looked it up myself – played on your servers quite a few times.

Have you been in a Krew/clan before? If so, what's the name of the Krew/clan?
No.

Anything else you'd like for us to know about yourself: Yeah, basically love gaming and would like to interact with others and get better. Pretty average gamer – if I'm killing as often as I get killed it's a good day. I really want to improve my abilities. I'm also a writer and currently putting the finishing touches to a novel that is themed around first person shooters, so maybe talking to you experts will help. Cheers for listening.

MelRose

Master Sergeant
|K3| Member
Recruitment Team
Hi Jack!

Really nice intro, I enjoyed reading it. I'm also an aspiring writer though it sounds like you're in the more advanced stages of the journey than I. I'd be interested in hearing more about your first person shooter themed novel if you'd care to share at any point.

Do you have TeamSpeak 3 and/or a mic? If you don't have TS3, you can get it here: http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads and the IP for the TS3 is: 63.251.20.221:9987

Steam http://store.steampowered.com/ is both a PC store game store and a communication platform for PC gamers. Xfire http://beta.xfire.com/ is a communication platform and counts the hours of your games played. Steam does this as well but only if you purchased said game through their store.

This is a friendly group, if you have any questions about anything you can always ask someone via PM or in shout. Looking forward to getting to know you and play with you in servers.

~ Mel

AVC

Banned
Hi Jack!

HIJACK!

I hope you don't meet any friend on a plane, that could be bad. I'm one of the local Aussie comedians BTW.

Welcome aboard! Good to see some MAGs (Mature Age Gamers)

Steam is also water vapour that is generated by heating H2O to boiling point. Just sayin'

Hope to see you on the servers, or in the shout.

Cheers

Jack Kerouac

Private First Class
hi Mel

Thanks for the reply. I'd be interested to hear about your own writing adventures sometime. Can certainly chat about novel at some point – would be glad to.

I'll follow up the information you gave me. Thanks so much.

I'm playing from Mac. Any issues with this as far as KKK is concerned? (Pls feel free to direct me to thread if it's all there).

Cheers

Jack

- - - Updated - - -

Hi AVC

MAGS eh? Not sure if I like that – I am but a blushing, youthful 40!

Interesting to hear about steam – is it a bit like mist or fog, then?

Thanks for the reply. Hope to catch up in play soon. (And learn something about not getting killed from you guys.)

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
Welcome Jack to our respite from the doldrums and repository of all things crazed. Ask if you need any help
and hope you stick around!!

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
Welcome to the forums.. Stay active and post regularly and maybe you'll get recruited soon

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Welcome to the forum. Hope to see you in-game soon.

As for the "skill" part, we really don't care about skill in games. We're just here to have fun with each other. I suck so you will probably kill me alot:p

Jack Kerouac

Private First Class
Ha ha, thanks, Nick. Refreshing – so, I guess you guys aren't the people loitering around servers shouting 'NOOB!' at everyone.

Thanks for all the welcomes. I'll try to get involved on the forums this week, dig around a bit and see what you guys are up to.

Cheers

Jack

|KKK|s Sexiest Voice
|K3| Member
Welcome, id say something about you stealing my name, but I guess you had it first...

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome, id say something about you stealing my name, but I guess you had it first...

Jack Kerouac

Private First Class
Cheers, guys. Thanks. Question – can I play straight away on the Klan server, or do you only get to do that with a password?

The Moment

|K3|Recruit Admin
|K3| Executive
You can play on any of our servers! The banners are posted on the website and they will give you the IP addresses.

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
If you have gametracker (http://www.gametracker.com/) you can join our servers straight from the home page! All of our servers are open to the public and we will NEVER kick to make room for a krew member. Server slots are on a first come, first serve system.

Jack Kerouac

Private First Class
Great, when I'm free from the dark shadow of work deadline (yawn) I'll start signing up and chasing up the relevant bits and pieces. Cheers!

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Welcome to the forum.

Is your book like a splinter cell type or about video games?

Jack Kerouac

Private First Class
Thanks guys – re the book it's kind of about video games. I'm kind of keeping it under my hat for now, as I hope to send the finished manuscript to an agent in Jan. Wish I'd found this forum earlier - could have asked lots of interesting questions! Anyway, not sure if the book's any good, but I've had a lot of fun writing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi guys – apologies in advance if this should be addressed on another forum, but I feel like I need a bit more context on how the krew works.
Do I access games from here, or do I join your servers in the usual way by launching COD4?
Is this just a place to chat, or does it interface with the game in any way? (Even I'm not sure what I mean by that question, I'm that confused.):blushing:
I've downloaded teampspeak, but I'm not sure how that's going to integrate with my gameplay and where I input 'the IP for the TS3 is: 63.251.20.221:9987'

Maybe I should phrase this whole thing another way, and say: where shall I start with KKK? Please feel free to direct me to any FAQS, though from what I can see they're mainly regarding protocol for chatting in forums etc

Thanks for listening. Sure your hearts are sinking hearing same old questions!

PS bear in mind I'm a Mac user.

Top Bottom