• Every Weekend (except scrim weekend)

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Every other weekend

Votes: 13 50.0%

• Total voters

PaigeBoo

|KKK|s wise lesbian
Former Krew Member
Okay, so after our first KTD which seemed to go REALLY well. I wanted some input from you guys.

Should we make KTD every weekend, or every other weekend. This will in NO WAY affect scrims, on scrim weekends there will be NO KTD.

Please speak your minds :happy:

And thanks everyone for showing up and making it fun, following rules, the whole thing. It was awesome! I'm glad you guys took some time out of your schedule's to play.

If you have ideas or maps/gametypes/rules you want to play with post them in the Master Game List thread

http://krewgaming.com/showthread.php/7347-KTD-Master-game-list

I will add them to the list and they could be picked by the randomizer for the KTD.

MelRose

Master Sergeant
|K3| Member
Recruitment Team
I would also like to thank everyone for showing up. I know I am not an official member which might be changing (if you guys would have me) after I move and am settled.. but taking part in KTD and helping Paige come up with the ideas- it was my way of trying to give something back to you guys. To say thanks for letting me stick around and be your own personal krewbie!

I think every other Saturday would be best. It keeps it fresher that way, and it will be easier on Paige if it's not every single weekend. With that in mind, the next KTD would be the 6th of October, and the 20th (pending, depending on scrim)

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
every other weekend (agreed with mel) :)

and 1h earlier, if possible pl0x

Last edited:

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
Every other weekend would be cool. If it were every week, then people would get bored of it too quickly.

I second Mike's request for time of day! ^_^

AVC

Banned
How about we go every second w'end, then if it carries on with continued popularity we can increase the frequency.

Good games today, considering I walked straight out of work (post 12 hour night shift) into the rec room, set up my laptop and got into it. Then I had to book.

1 hour earlier would be fine, if it doesn't overlap work. But maybe we need to think about different days for peeps who cant necessarily make it on the weekends (like a weekday night every third match)

PwnSauce

Banned
i say every weekend b/c many people like me play every day anyhow so playing with krewbies every weekend would be great.

If people aren't up to playing every weekend they don't have to.

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Yeah I like AVC's idea, every other weekend and an hour earlier works for me as well.

I also like Pwn's idea about every weekend and if people don't want to play then so be it, I just wouldn't want to over do it on this is all ;)

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
1h earlier would be really awesome but weekdays is not the best idea, IMO.

Most of us are able to play only in the evening during weekdays so the time will be ok ONLY for USA OR Europe OR Aus...

BriAn79

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Yeah I think every other weekend would be best to start with. But also doing it every weekend wouldn't be a problem.. as Pwn said they don't have to play if they don't want. But that would be up to Paige since she's the one setting it up.

It was fun though, I look forward to the next one! :hi5:

P.S. I loved the unlimited tubes matches!! :w00t:

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
I think every weekend would be better. It gives people with less open schedules the opportunity to meet more of the time. Plus, means we have more chance of getting people involved on a more regular basis. Also, it gives us more opportunities to mess around with gametypes and settings to see what we can do to spice things up.

I'm just saying this is my opinion, tho.

Last edited:

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
If it's just a matter of people not having enough time to organize weekly matches like this, myself or someone else could take care of every other week. MB if that helps.
So I had different thoughts on this.

Also, ouldn't it be a really good thing to advertise this stuff on our servers? Try to get as many people involved as possible? But, We also want a krew KTD battle. Locked server with just us guys. Plus, most matches with special rules like C4 only would be ridiculous to enforce on a public server.

So, maybe we could do KTD's every other week, like is being suggested. But we also do bi-weekly matches that we advertise on server 1 ahead of time and have a different mod each time or something. IDK, something that would appeal to newcomers.

Are we also keeping records of the throwdowns? We could record demos and take screenshots and keep them in threads for people to watch :D .

Just ideas, though.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Maybe every other KTD could have NO rules. Have people put in suggestion of just map/gametype without rules on weapons perks etc. That way the server could be left open and people could join and hopefully register here. It might help keep the KTD scrims from getting too stale.

AVC

Banned
True Dee. Rules are hard to enforce when peeps are coming in to an open server.

I think maybe a bind or chat to say "pistols only" or whatever, but no real need to kick for it.

Another idea maybe to have rules/gametypes where it doesnt really matter so much if someone comes in with an M4 and starts blatting away.

The unlimited RPGs was hilarious. I think we should try it a bit different next time, maybe a TDM on a map like creek or Crossfire, and normal gravity.

PaigeBoo

|KKK|s wise lesbian
Former Krew Member
After reviewing all the comments and the poll results, it has been decided that for right now KTD will remain every other weekend. I want to say thank you to everyone for taking the time to offer opinions and votes. The main goal is to keep KTD fresh and something that krew members/regulars can look forward to. If it continues to maintain popularity, I am open to upping the frequency of how often they are held and other options can be discussed at that point.

For the first KTD we had 5 maps/game types. Two of those (excluding the finale which will remain in place but will be changing slightly to keep it fun) were special rules and two were anything goes. I feel this is a good ratio for all but am willing to have some weeks where there is only one 'special rules' game to help keep the server populated with new people coming in. Though, I would like to say that there were 2-3 new people who came in during the first KTD and stuck around through the entire thing. The goal for KTD in addition to having fun as a krew family is to bring in new faces to the forum and servers.

Thank you all for taking part in KTD. Again, your opinions are appreciated and always taken into consideration. Please continue to make any that you have.

Top Bottom