Blow off valves

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
I drive a Ford E-350 with a 7.3L Turbo diesel 7.3L poweratroke but it is just stock. 245HP... it is fun to drive though... especially when you are on the autoban barreling down the road at 100mph in a passenger van. It gets 18-20 mpg too... I was reading some forums and some guys claim to have a chip and turbo that boosts the engine up to 500 hp not sure about the torque though. that would really by tough on the transmission... it is sort of lazy and clunks into overdrive too soon. I would say it is a 1 mil. mile motor if you take care of it though. :D

Sadly ford downtuned the engines in the E series due to lack of air flow

IeditZ

Corporal
Just got back from a week long dirt biking trip and was driving up the coquihalla highway....... HOLY SHIT boosted the turbo to 20PSI for shits and giggles and it HAULED ASS. hit 220KMH max on the odo is 260KMH car was lifting off the ground and the sound it made was glorious! Popped a tire but goddamn my buddy in his SS Cobalt was saying he could see the front tires lifting a full 2 inches when a gust of wind hit the Gene. Jesus and got a new blow off not loud but it lets the turbo unwind a shit tone faster now.

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Just got back from a week long dirt biking trip and was driving up the coquihalla highway....... HOLY SHIT boosted the turbo to 20PSI for shits and giggles and it HAULED ASS. hit 220KMH max on the odo is 260KMH car was lifting off the ground and the sound it made was glorious! Popped a tire but goddamn my buddy in his SS Cobalt was saying he could see the front tires lifting a full 2 inches when a gust of wind hit the Gene. Jesus and got a new blow off not loud but it lets the turbo unwind a shit tone faster now.

Very nice. But I wouldn't go overboard with flooring it all of the time now. You may blow some heads/and or head gasket. Especially with stock heads/studs.

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
i can see melted pistons is going to be the next mod lol

time for uprated head gasket, port and polished head? what sort of power do you think it is running at the moment?

IeditZ

Corporal
This is stock I have no idea what's running now. Prob not much difference with a small Psi boost. And im glad i popped the tire the turbo was cherry red and all the heat plates where glowing red. Mostlikely was going to blow something if the tire hadnt popped.

HP (hp@rpm) 270 @ 6000
Torque (lb.ft@rpm) 223 @ 2000

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
This is stock I have no idea what's running now. Prob not much difference with a small Psi boost. And im glad i popped the tire the turbo was cherry red and all the heat plates where glowing red. Mostlikely was going to blow something if the tire hadnt popped.

HP (hp@rpm) 270 @ 6000

You need an intercooler bro. And like I said before, I would chill on flooring it lol. Your headstuds will start flexing like plastic straws

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
I drove a modded Honda accord today and I was disappointed. Yea it was pretty fast but I don't get that same feel I do with my truck. If I give my truck 80% throttle I can feel my testicles going up into my lower intestine. If I go 100% on this modded accord I just feel like it's going fast. Not the same :(.

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member

HP (hp@rpm) 270 @ 6000

turbos on petrol cars do glow cherry when you thrash it all the time but you only know you got the right amount of boost when you manifold also glows cherry red and spits flames out the exhaust where its burning left over fuel inside the exhaust after combustion stage is over

I drove a modded Honda accord today and I was disappointed. Yea it was pretty fast but I don't get that same feel I do with my truck. If I give my truck 80% throttle I can feel my testicles going up into my lower intestine. If I go 100% on this modded accord I just feel like it's going fast. Not the same :(.

yep theres erm two words for that Jap Crap. if you ever come to the uk and wanna be scared stupid then ill take you out my 106

SteelHorse

|KKK|Clash Expert
|K3| Member
7.3 01 f-350 with bully dog chips. I'm running around 350hp @ 750 lbs of torque, but with the programmer I can go up or down with the hp/torque wether i am pulling or jst want to cruz @ high speeds, but thats what i normally keep it @. And i agree with Joe not the same in a truck as in a car, lol. Have a MBRP 4in exhaust system, and my dad put a Brian's truck shop transmission in it so it can handle anything the engine can throw @ it. And if you don't know that shop Joe look it up bro, they build transmissions for supped up trucks. So ya thats some of he things I have done to increase hp and torque.

Last edited:

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
7.3 01 f-350 with bully dog chips. I'm running around 350hp @ 750 lbs of torque, but with the programmer I can go up or down with the hp/torque wether i am pulling or jst want to cruz @ high speeds, but thats what i normally keep it @. And i agree with Joe not the same in a truck as in a car, lol. Have a MBRP 4in exhaust system, and my dad put a Brian's truck shop transmission in it so it can handle anything the engine can throw @ it. And if you don't know that shop Joe look it up bro, they build transmissions for supped up trucks. So ya thats some of he things I have done to increase hp and torque.

Yea it's a big difference isn't it?

Feeling a diesel engine rev up and make 8000 pounds lunge forward defying the laws of gravity > Little car going fast

Top Bottom