Blow off valves

IeditZ

Corporal
Ok so im Posting on a few forums seeing a few peoples responses on blow off valves on a 9PSi turbo on my Hyundai Genesis, and if it's worth buying a louder one. Some forums are saying that a louder blow off lets the air peel out quicker this in turn let's the turbo cool down faster? Just wondering if anyone would know or has experiance with them and if it's worth 250 - 300 bucks to buy a new valve or just keep the stock one on.

20120830181003.jpg

IeditZ

Corporal
Aha 9psi stalk is pretty dec joe id say. And el sounds like someones insecure about their dick size!

Ya well its canada and a hyundai turbo so its needs a specific fit (damn koreans) so its a bit more expensive apprently ;(

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Aha 9psi stalk is pretty dec joe id say. And el sounds like someones insecure about their dick size!

Ya well its canada and a hyundai turbo so its needs a specific fit (damn koreans) so its a bit more expensive apprently ;(

You are talking to someone that gets around 30 psi of boost from his turbo lol

IeditZ

Corporal
Congrats and i was wrong stock is 16psi. Genesis cant handle anymore than peak 20 then settling at 18. Its a V4 2.0L with no major mods except exhaust pushing 280HP.

But good job with the 30 boost XD

Jack

|KKK|s Sexiest Voice
|K3| Member
Your girlfriend is pretty secure with my dick size! oooh burn.

ok I'll stop.

IeditZ

Corporal
Ahaha i don't have one
Untitled-1.jpg

But I guess no-one here knows the answer to my question? Apparently it's the same deal on the Hyundai forums @.@ dafuq

AVC

Banned
There's no substitute for cubic inches.

And that goes for engine capacity AND penis.

A big ass blow off valve is just a way to attract attention from the law. Same as having your doof doof music up loud as fk.

If you want to be seriously fast, make the car fast but look stock. A sleeper. You get to haul ass and never get a second look from the cops, provided you spot them first.

Or, you can just be a big show pony in some shiny dick with two chairs in it.

Jack

|KKK|s Sexiest Voice
|K3| Member
There's no substitute for cubic inches.

And that goes for engine capacity AND penis.

A big ass blow off valve is just a way to attract attention from the law. Same as having your doof doof music up loud as fk.

If you want to be seriously fast, make the car fast but look stock. A sleeper. You get to haul ass and never get a second look from the cops, provided you spot them first.

Or, you can just be a big show pony in some shiny dick with two chairs in it.

AVC, you talk like my dad, you know what's good.

a guy was flying down the main street in a commodore with a blow off valve, the dog sitting in the front seat is definitely the only bitch that car gets.

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
I'm curious to know what kind of car you have that puts out 30psi of boost? More boost doesn't always mean more horsepower!

Ford F 350 Turbo diesel 7.3L poweratroke. More boost for me means more horsepower and a crapton more torque.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats and i was wrong stock is 16psi. Genesis cant handle anymore than peak 20 then settling at 18. Its a V4 2.0L with no major mods except exhaust pushing 280HP.

But good job with the 30 boost XD

Oh OK. 16psi makes much more sense

IeditZ

Corporal

Sadly the car already has custom grills and been re-badged. The exhaust on the thing is already loud as fuck since the catalytic converter is just big enough so i can pass air care in canada (its like the bare minimum they will accept). The cops here are pretty nice usually don't pull you over unless you're speeding, even with my sub in my work car they don't mind me blasting it if i play decent stuff. SO the Gene is far from a sleeper atm.

But noone has answered the main question guess Blow off valves are just for show. Do not need or want then.

Ford F 350 Turbo diesel 7.3L poweratroke

Oh god the gas that beast goes through must be stupid.

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
joe boost on its own give you sod all increase in power. you need to add more fuel into the mix inorder to gain the extra bhp from running more boost

to the OP

a blow off valve / dump valve releases the boost pressure from the system when you let off the throttle to change gear etc. this helps to save the turbo from boost pressure build up giving it a longer working life and also because the boost is released the turbo also stays spinning faster so you get less turbo lag when you give it a boot full again after changing gear. so yes the faster you lose the unwanted boost pressure the better for the turbo and the faster it will boost again

the one thing i would say is get a good brand of blow off valve if your going to buy one not just a cheap one

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Oh god the gas that beast goes through must be stupid.

18mpg. Any does everyone assume diesels are worse on fuel than gas? lol. It's the opposite. Diesels on average are about 40% more efficient. More torque too.

- - - Updated - - -

joe boost on its own give you sod all increase in power. you need to add more fuel into the mix inorder to gain the extra bhp from running more boost

to the OP

a blow off valve / dump valve releases the boost pressure from the system when you let off the throttle to change gear etc. this helps to save the turbo from boost pressure build up giving it a longer working life and also because the boost is released the turbo also stays spinning faster so you get less turbo lag when you give it a boot full again after changing gear. so yes the faster you lose the unwanted boost pressure the better for the turbo and the faster it will boost again

the one thing i would say is get a good brand of blow off valve if your going to buy one not just a cheap one

Truck has the right amount of fuel to boost. I have it tuned. Currently pushing out about 80hp more than stock. Perfect for pissing off people on the highway with a few thousand pound load in the back. It hauls ass.

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
18mpg. Any does everyone assume diesels are worse on fuel than gas? lol. It's the opposite. Diesels on average are about 40% more efficient. More torque too.

- - - Updated - - -

Truck has the right amount of fuel to boost. I have it tuned. Currently pushing out about 80hp more than stock. Perfect for pissing off people on the highway with a few thousand pound load in the back. It hauls ass.

what hp is it running now? im guessing it must be near on 1000bhp from a 7.3 litre. is it still running stock injectors and clutch etc?

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
what hp is it running now? im guessing it must be near on 1000bhp from a 7.3 litre. is it still running stock injectors and clutch etc?

Lol no it's mostly stock. With a couple grand though you could push out a LOT more, and several people have. But, since it's stock I'm getting around 325hpish. A lot of torque though. Maybe around 650. Plenty to be pulling 15,000 pounds around on the highway doing 70mph lol. My tunes are pretty clean though. I'm not even blowing out black smoke. I could make it go more but it's enough.

foetoeshop

Private First Class
I drive a Ford E-350 with a 7.3L Turbo diesel 7.3L poweratroke but it is just stock. 245HP... it is fun to drive though... especially when you are on the autoban barreling down the road at 100mph in a passenger van. It gets 18-20 mpg too... I was reading some forums and some guys claim to have a chip and turbo that boosts the engine up to 500 hp not sure about the torque though. that would really by tough on the transmission... it is sort of lazy and clunks into overdrive too soon. I would say it is a 1 mil. mile motor if you take care of it though. :D

Jack

|KKK|s Sexiest Voice
|K3| Member
it may have 500 horse power, but its only as fast as the slowest horse...

Top Bottom