Scrims

BriAn79

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
I can certainly understand why you were pissed D. I don't blame you at all, it does suck that you put all that work into it and people still don't follow the rules. I mean, is it really that hard to follow them?? Like others said, maybe it's the rules and gametypes that could also be an issue.

Also, like Andy said about his situation with the high ping and trying to knife or even sniping for that matter. At random times I have pings of about 150 or so and I can't even hardly do shit.. couldn't imagine 300+ :eek:

Anyways, I think B3 would be pretty helpful too.. just gotta get that shizznet back! ;)

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Sometimes the rules are complicated, but knives only isnt lol.

I do get a quick temper when rules are broken because it happens EVERY scrim despite numerous threads being posted on it. From now on i will get the gametypes up a lot sooner, so partially my fault.

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Not only that D but enforce the rules as well, if they break them then it's a kick, simple as that. Hell if you want I can be your "kicker" ;)

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
From now on I will be the Scrim rules person guy thing. I will shout out over the mic to everyone the rules of the current game so everyone understands. Starting with the next scrim.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Damage and many members facilitate these scrims, recruits have ample opporutunity to pick pretty much whatever rules they want, and the threads are announced in big letters plastered around the shout box and home page.

Do your 5 minutes of homework and play by the rules for 1 fucking night, noobs. If you don't like the rules, don't play, or better yet, join the 3 week long discussion about the rules prior to the scrim.

Sorry i haven't been to many scrims lately.... i guarantee i woulda been supremely pissed off about this had I been there.

If the rules are too hard to follow, it means you're too stupid to play for that game...... so don't play. How the fk do you guys expect to function in the real world if you can't figure out shit like this....?
Fucking DERP

Last edited:

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
From now on I will be the Scrim rules person guy thing. I will shout out over the mic to everyone the rules of the current game so everyone understands. Starting with the next scrim.

That only works if you have voice chat turned on, which I don't....

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
The Recruit scrims are for the recruits. If they pick weird shit you all have a choice.. Don't play.
Not following the rules makes it suck for the guy who gets the Mod duty for that scrim..
Personally if you break the rules during the scrims I feel you should get one warning then a 3 day overall ban..
The main reason I dont play in the scrims is because all the bitching, moaning and rulebreaking..
What a great fucking welcome to the new members

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
With an attitude like that Houston it's a good thing you don't go to the scrims...

Anyways I think a 3 day ban would be way over board, IMO I think the best thing to do is if someone is breaking the rules then warn them, if they continue to do it (not paying attention to the messages or w/e) then they need to be kicked. I'm pretty sure if they are kicked that will get their attention lol, then explain to them after they come back why they were kicked. If they keep it up after the kick then temp ban, no reason to make this more complicated than it is.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
I think it's the right attitude. He He's right, what a way to indoctinate our new members..........

however, a 3 day ban in a bit much. I think just a temp ban would suffice. We're not trying to teach people a lesson, just get them the fk out so they don't break anymore rules.

Code

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
I have an idea. Since scrims have become boring mostly due to game type/weapons/perk choices. Why don't we collectively come up with some fun games that we can all agree on. Keep it simple. For example, use smaller maps, forget the eternally boring sniper only overgrown that every1 falls asleep in. Let's focus on FUN which is what it should be. The recruits have technically already paid their dues by being active, etc. The scrim is just a formality. Again, let's make it fun!

I just played killhouse with low gravity tube overkill FFA and had a blast, we all did. There's one idea! Also 5 games max, 10 minute limit should keep things going.

FFA
TDM
?
?
?

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Putting in all the rcon commands, restarting the map etc is a PITA for a scrim. The scrims aren't boring for the most part and the maps/gametypes are fine.

The rules just need to be obeyed and people need to stop saying " this is boring" , "this is ghey" etc when they didn't even bother to post a map/gametype in the thread.

BriAn79

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
I admit, there's plenty of times I go into the scrim and don't know the gametypes or maps but I just kinda hang around for a min or so and can usually tell what's going on. You can probably tell most of the time I NEVER bitch about anything either.. except that people don't follow the rules (which is what this whole thread is about).

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Yea, I've never gone to a scrim and broken rules just cuz I didn't like them. If you don't like them suck it up or gtfo.

Jack

|KKK|s Sexiest Voice
|K3| Member
I've never been in a scrim, but that beige said, if I've been in a server and someone says 'there's are the rules' I will always do my best to follow them. cause people not playing by the rules, ruin it for everyone.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Now that we have "Force Read Thread" forum feature, I think it would be a good idea to force the usergroups that are involved in the scrim to read the maps / gametypes / guns thread. That way, when rules are broken, they can't say "I didn't know what the rules were." :muahaha:

Either that, and/or B3 should help (which I hope should be good to go by then.)

Top Bottom