Fixing RotU Problems

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
Hello. I know there has been a lot of issues on the RotU server for a long time. RotU is very unstable...

I got some suggestions that may help to fix these problems.

1. Reduce zombie bots from 50 to 40
2. Make the maps lighter, like before. IDK why they have been so dark lately but I guess WaLLy has something to do with it. Anyhow, I don't like it and I'm not sure if it's good for the mod...
3. Raise the amount of zombies spawning at the same time. ATM, if you're alone, the max amount of zombies spawning is 3. We should raise it to 10. Not less, not more.
4. Reduce the amount of zombies/wave. It's actually pretty high atm. I don't think that's good for the server, it might get overheated or something.

For Walter: I know you've had A LOT of troubles with RotU... But it's a tricky mod. I don't demand these changes, but it would be nice, just to see if it made any difference.

P.S. The reason it's down atm is probably because San Jose got bombed or something, lol. Because all servers are down except S1...

Thanks for considering this! It's highly appreciated! After all, RotU used to be our most populated server, after S1. It would be nice if it could be like that again, then people would actually enjoy playing on it. Because ATM it crashes after like 9 waves or so... Every time. That kinda sux. :sadcry:

RedRival

RaZeR

Sergeant
i agree, the darkness makes it hard to play sometimes, like if you're me and you put scripts into the console to lower the graphics alot so you can have faster game play somethings colors turn to black and the zombies turn to very dark, and trying to spot almost black zombies on a dark horizon isn't very easy...

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
1. Done.
2. I don't get what you're requesting here. Make the maps lighter? Those are the same previous maps as before. If they were all new, you'd had to re-download them over again. I can't make physical map changes. Please explain more on this.
3. I made the change to players X surv_zombies_perplayer (look at the settings below so you can get the idea)
4. Look at the settings below

So this is what the Wave Settings are at the moment:
surv_zombies_perplayer 15
surv_zombies_perwave 15

Feel free to change the above to whatever you want. And yes, the San Jose server is having a small issue (due to the Mumble server) and should get resolved by tomorrow.

RaZeR

Sergeant
im not sure, but they used to be alot brighter like the sky used to look like its day time and now on some maps it looks like its almost night time

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
1. Done.
2. I don't get what you're requesting here. Make the maps lighter? Those are the same previous maps as before. If they were all new, you'd had to re-download them over again. I can't make physical map changes. Please explain more on this.
3. I made the change to players X surv_zombies_perplayer (look at the settings below so you can get the idea)
4. Look at the settings below

So this is what the Wave Settings are at the moment:
surv_zombies_perplayer 15
surv_zombies_perwave 15

Feel free to change the above to whatever you want. And yes, the San Jose server is having a small issue (due to the Mumble server) and should get resolved by tomorrow.

That sounds awesome Walter. Thanks for fixing it so quick! I'll check it out as soon as the San Jose servers are back up! :thanks:

:twothumbsup: You're the man!

---------- Post added at 04:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 AM ----------

Well, the darkness is not a big issue actually. It just looks kinda weird. I mean, you can't see that far in front of you. You used to be able to see across the map, but now the maps are dark and you can barely see anything... Especially on Smurfs.

If you don't know how to fix it then don't mind to try to fix it. It's still playable. :)

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Red, I didn't change the zombies_perplayer/wave. So replace a number that you'd like and I'll make the change while I'm at it.

I removed some maps, but that's for that other thread centi made.

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
surv_zombies_perplayer 40
surv_zombies_perwave 10

Maybe. It's worth a try.

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
Thanks Walter. I hope it'll give us a better game performance.

I'll come back if there are still issues. Hope not.

centipedicus

Private First Class
looks good. I noticed the darkness too. and it never used to be on those maps.. arena was a cool map but I think it was replaced by XTR arenas and that one everytime it was picked crashes the server.. that's XTR ARENAS .. also if we can get rid of TOUJANE and AUTO CINEMA we are making progress.. I still havent seen snow world available .. it's almost like there are too many maps and the selections go in small circles and exclude allot of the better maps

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

I have an idea! why not take all the maps off and only add a few .. a couple really good ones that nobody complains about. then we can slowly but surely add the best maps. I honestly wouldn't miss too many maps that are on there.. there is none that I am crazy about.. and there are allot of plain jane ones that everybody is bored of.. I would like to see one of the old goodies that we used to have or something entirely new.. by the way.. I do not know if you have modded teamdeath match servers but the ultimate map I have seen is called RATHOUSE . it is huge and has vehicles ..

---------- Post added April 6th, 2012 at 01:08 AM ---------- Previous post was April 5th, 2012 at 08:53 PM ----------

I am just replying now so that this thread goes near the top so wally hopefully sees it..

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
I saw it earlier. If there aren't any inputs by tomorrow, I'll implement some if not most of what you mentioned so far.

centipedicus

Private First Class
XTR ARENAS made the server crash yet again .. I did it just to test for a third time.. all three times is made her crash

ponyboy

|KKK|'s Pony
|K3| Member
ive seen the server somewhere but i think maybe we should just go ahead and replace zombies wth a new mod because of all the crashes.

ottoids

KKK's Pecker Checker
Former Krew Member
what rival?!?! wanna put the sun up? wanna put rainbows and ponies on rotu? :lmao: zombie mod is supposed to be scary...lol grow some ballz ;)

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
what rival?!?! wanna put the sun up? wanna put rainbows and ponies on rotu? :lmao: zombie mod is supposed to be scary...lol grow some ballz ;)

Who's the Zombie King? You or me? Exactly. Sit down son, you have a lot to learn. :trolldad:

Last edited:
Top Bottom