Maxthon

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
Has anyone here checked out Maxthon? It's page load time seems pretty legit and Maxthon 3.3 just topped Chrome Canary on html5test.com

So far I like it; it's download tool has been wicked fast. Time to give IE the boot :troll:

http://www.maxthon.com

edit: lol, the forum browser thingy thinks it's chrome 18

Last edited:

BriAn79

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
I've never even heard of it.. says it's 200% faster than google chrome?! :eek:
I'll certainly check it out.. ;)

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
It reloads entire pages in the blink of a refresh :eek: i think it just might load faster than chrome. I have had it for just a couple hours and it's already my favorite.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Thanks for the link. I'm getting extremely tired of Firefox's shortcomings and Chrome has a couple of things i don't like. I'll be checking this out as well.

BriAn79

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Yeah this sucker is fast! It loads the forum in no time at all.. Still wanna learn more about it but so far, it's pretty nice. Good find man! :hi5:

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
I'm using it now as well. It is really fast. Not 200% faster than Chrome, but I like it. Thanks! :happy:

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

Kind of weird that it shows Chrome as the browser on posts. You can also left click and draw things :lol:

Last edited:

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
The scrolling seems a bit awkward. I do like the double clicking the tab and it closes it.

I'll give it a try at work. It's unfortunate that it's not on Mac though.

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
The scrolling seems a bit awkward. I do like the double clicking the tab and it closes it.

I'll give it a try at work. It's unfortunate that it's not on Mac though.

Disabling Smooth Scrolling in advanced options fixes the weird scrolling style.

felon

I'm back :)
Former Krew Member
Wally what's better about double clicking to close tab than just middle clicking? (unless you're a macfag...)

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Wally what's better about double clicking to close tab than just middle clicking? (unless you're a macfag...)

I'm used to having an X to close a tab (with Chrome) and in the settings I found double-clicking a tab closed it, so I enabled it. I like it, y0! Maxthon is only available for PC... so far, but yes I am a Macfag :)

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
THis is very nice, i just downloaded it. Thanks for the tip about disabling smooth scrolling. That was bugging me as well.

BriAn79

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Yeah it was bugging me too, so far it seems like a good one though. I'll just keep using it and see how it goes.. :D

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I already ditched FF and made this my default. Firefox has tons of issues now. The home page is quite nice too. Seems to have actual news. I've been looking for a replacement for Yahoo. Yahoo reports nothing but crap.

Another nice feature i just found is f10 f11 which does a split screen. Easier than opening a new tab, dragging it to a new window then using aero snap. Now i just have to hit f10. Hit f10 again, back to full screen.

Lol. The forum reads it as Google Chrome.

Last edited:

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
How to disable gmail chat popping up when im not on Gmail page.
Like if i have gmail on.. and open a new tab, everytime someone says something i get a popup on the bottom right screen telling me what the person said. Its kinda annoying..

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

Its called Web Notification.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
After using it exclusively for a few days i have decided to uninstall it. I get constant crashes on it while watching Netflix which NEVER happens on Firefox. The dual browser mode it uses is also a pain. Certain websites like MLB.com do not display properly unless the browser mode is changed. Maxthon claims to remember the browser mode on future visits, but does not, at least for me. I also don't like the zoom reset and the inability to drag tabs off the current opened window(s) in able to create a new window.

Last edited:

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Yeah I tried it out but I'm gonna stick with Pale Moon, this browser is a lot different and I'm already use to PM since it's basically Firefox just a different "brand", Pale Moon is my pick ;)

Nice find though BTW lol

Top Bottom