[SOLVED] TheDude (TheDrunk) banned, seriously for no legitimate reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
If the ban was made RIGHT after as The Dude said, and i have no reason to doubt him, he's right, you need to spec and you need to post your bans at least the same day you make them. This issue has come up in the past so i don't see why anyone would wait until two days later. Start using your real name. Not spectating and just banning because you got wall banged is NOT acceptable.

Code

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
Why are people still assuming they know what happened?

Why is this thread still going?

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
It's more then an assumption when TD says he was "immediately" banned after a wallbang kill on you. It's also still going because you didn't post the ban the same day you made it. Those things should NOT happen. Ever. Those aren't assumptions.

Code

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
If the ban was made RIGHT after as The Dude said, and i have no reason to doubt him, he's right, you need to spec and you need to post your bans at least the same day you make them. This issue has come up in the past so i don't see why anyone would wait until two days later. Start using your real name. Not spectating and just banning because you got wall banged is NOT acceptable.

Why are people still assuming they know what happened?

For the record it was 24 hours that past. I responded as soon I saw the thread and PM, no waiting. There is a difference.

It was not supposed to be a ban, it was supposed to be a kick so there is no need to post.

There are 2 sides to the story. 1 based on FACT, the other on assumptions.

I do use my real name and UC names just like everyone else does.

Code

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
It's more then an assumption when TD says he was "immediately" banned after a wallbang kill on you. It's also still going because you didn't post the ban the same day you made it. Those things should NOT happen. Ever. Those aren't assumptions.

It is an assumption because the intention was a kick, not a ban. As I stated earlier I may have hit the wrong bind key. Kicks are not posted, therefore, no post.

Code

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
Why would you kick someone for a wallbang? It was also a lot closer to 48 hrs.

I responded at about the 24hr mark. That's why I started my response with the time. So just because the dude says it was right after 1 wallbang that's all we need to know? Ever think that maybe it was more than 1 wallbang? Or maybe the intention was to kick another player and accidentally kicked/banned him. I don't even recall the kick. I just figured after reading wally's PM it was me. I did not have a name written down so it was intended to be a kick. My bind key for kick and ban were next to each other. I changed them after this to prevent this from happening.

Last edited:

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Well based on all of that , it's :fail:

Why would you kick for multiple wallbangs? That makes no sense.

Not knowing who or why, :fail:

BriAn79

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
It is an assumption because the intention was a kick, not a ban. As I stated earlier I may have hit the wrong bind key. Kicks are not posted, therefore, no post.

Same as damage said, why would u kick someone for a wallbang? As far as I know that's not against the rules. I'm actually surprised you have binds for kick/ban and especially right next to each other. Seems like that would cause a lot of mistakes, but that's just me. I personally would never have a setup like that, just for that reason. Not saying it's bad or anything, but like I said it just seems like mistakes would be made a lot easier that way. I always use the "old fashion" way of bringing up the console and all that. People do it different ways though..

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I would have major problems with kick/ban binds. I tried once to bind the password and told the whole server the password. Twice! :lmao: INC= :fail:

BriAn79

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
I would have major problems with kick/ban binds. I tried once to bind the password and told the whole server the password. Twice! :lmao: INC= :fail:

That's cuz you wouldn't listen to blu, he was telling you how but you're a noob :giggle:
I remember him telling me about that, wish I was there to see it!! :lmao:

Code

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
Same as damage said, why would u kick someone for a wallbang? As far as I know that's not against the rules. I'm actually surprised you have binds for kick/ban and especially right next to each other. Seems like that would cause a lot of mistakes, but that's just me. I personally would never have a setup like that, just for that reason. Not saying it's bad or anything, but like I said it just seems like mistakes would be made a lot easier that way. I always use the "old fashion" way of bringing up the console and all that. People do it different ways though..

It seems nobody reads things and just like to respond without taking in all the information/facts. You are all ASSUMING it was 1 wallbang. As I stated before I don't even recall the kick/ban. It could have been I was trying to kick another player and I made an error. What's so hard to believe about binds? I have one that says /rcon clientkick, /rcon login, etc. FYI, if you have /rcon login password you will NEVER be able to accidentally post the pw. The keys I have bound for kick and ban were close so I seperated them. If this happened everyday I could understand getting upset but you guys are taking this to the insanity level.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
No, i was just saying it wouldn't work for me. The kick thing wasn't an assumption since you said you meant to kick him. We can only assume it was for a wallbang since that's what The Dude said and you keep posting new info every time.

Code

Sergeant
Former Krew Member

I have a Logitech G15 KB with it's own software for creating binds/macro's. My error was I pressed the wrong one. Having the PW bound to a key means I can never reveal it by accident.

00559692-photo-logitech-g15-gaming-keyboard.jpg

Code

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
No, i was just saying it wouldn't work for me. The kick thing wasn't an assumption since you said you meant to kick him. We can only assume it was for a wallbang since that's what The Dude said and you keep posting new info every time.

I never said I meant to kick HIM. As I stated I don't even recall the name. I know the intent was a kick because I don't write the name of players kicked. Who does? So, if we know we don't kick for wallbangs then there must be another possibility. A mistake, error, etc. No new info, just trying to show what may have happened since everyone only thinks that a kick for a wallbang is what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom