The Bust by Rick Perry...

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
This was on last night's debates, talk about someone how is "out of touch" with reality!! He doesn't even know 3 of the departments of the Federal Gov that need to be done away with, a very bad choice for President!

Oh, and does it look like he's drugged up or drunk?, it does to me :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:

BriAn79

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Yeah man I couldn't believe that when I seen it. I was like :eek:!!! I think that one incident just took him out of the race. I can't imagine anyone in their right mind voting for this guy.

One thing for sure is he's not a debater at all! lol

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
The sad thing is that it's possible for men like him to get into office on the sheer force of corporate support....$$$ talks ...and the big wigs need someone in office who will do their bidding... are these the best America has to offer? No, but these are the people will do what they're told..meh, it's not like the will of the people matters anymore right?.... (insert mild sarcasm)

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
I wish debates were more like this. People make mistakes, and it is quite funny. To me it lightened up the mood in the whole room, and showed that the canidates are real people too! :giggle: But yeah, if he doesn't remember a part to his plan he is in trouble.

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Wait what?? do away with education??...:confused:

This doesn't mean we would have no more Education, not at all. What getting rid of the Department of Education would do is give the power of Education back to the states and not to the Federal Government. They already have their noses in everything from Education to Energy, and you see where it has gone since then, completely down hill.

Getting rid of all these departments doesn't mean they will get rid of what they are "suppose" to be used for, it only means as I said, giving the power to control them back to the states, the way it's meant to be in the first place according to the Constitution ;)

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
He's the christian fundamentalist guy, right?

Maryland still has way more control over public education than the Federal government does in maryland. Idk what you're talking about Blu. If you do away with the department of education, you also do away with federal funding for edumacation, at least in a large part.

Obviously this Rick Perry doesn't understand how government works. You can't simply give power back to the states by going around lopping parts of our federal government off with gigantic pruning shears. That's borderline retarded.

Last edited:

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Well for one Dude, the "funding" should not be coming from the Federal Gov anyways, the States should be funding that but of course, they don't (because they don't have the money). Secondly, why should the Federal Gov fund something that it doesn't even have the money for? Hell we're bankrupt and that is the reason for cutting these departments in the first place, what do we do keep printing money!? If that's the case you can call us the "new" Weimar Republic because default will happen sooner or later whether it's through our own default or other countries finally getting "smart" and stop lending us money :lmao:

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Funding for education is not something that, after being cut, will effect our debt. In fact, then we will just have more stupid, uneducated, jobless people, and our debt will increase, and people will vote stupidly. It is not what is causing our debt. Funding for education takes up such a small part of our budget it's ridiculous.

Defense, medicare, medicaid.

The states do fund education. The problem is, if you just give the states a ton of money to do with whatever they please, they don't spend it on education, just like our federal government doesn't spend our money on education. So, fed gives states money that can only be used for education.

Top Bottom