Need a new PC Help!!

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
No just asked my dad for the ca$h.

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

Thanks Joe I ordered the laptop and its on the way and as for the desktop, my desktop is good for now but if I need help in the future I know ur my man!

You asked your dad for cash and he just gave it to you? o.o wanna send some of this my way :D lol

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
How about you buy a nice 1000$ desktop for Ethan? I really need an updated one. Like the others said 5k will get you a hell of a laptop. I would spend a little on one, and save the rest(this ofcourse is after buying me the desktop).

H1pFiR3

Sergeant
You asked your dad for cash and he just gave it to you? o.o wanna send some of this my way :D lol
Well I have a technique to get money out of my dad..this is how I do it..I find a really pricey version of something I want say a laptop so I go online and find a 10 Grand one and tell my dad I want this, then a week later I tell him I want one thats half the price and he is so happy he just gives it to me! Of course this will only work with small amounts of money, I cant ask him for like 100G's...the most I ever got from him was 15G's when I told him I was starting a savings account. And don't ask me how much money I have in my savings cuz I assure you its not humbling. lol

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
o_O wow hip, want to send me some money so I can start my website? lol I am having trouble with just finding an extra 20 dollars let alone 15 grand ;_;

H1pFiR3

Sergeant
Only 15gs? Man you have it rough.
I assure you I am not spoiled let me tell you my life story.... My family moved to the States when I was 2. We lived in Fresno for eight yrs and times were tough, real tough, like we were almost homeless. Then we moved to LA and my dad meet this dude and he helped my dad set up his own business and now we are doing good. This is my dads favorite quote he even has a tattoo of it on his back.. Empty pockets never held anyone back. Only empty heads and empty hearts can do that. ~Norman Vincent Peale

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
if you want a laptop and a desktop out of that money buy the laptop now and wait before building a desktop as the new sandy bridge and ivy bridge cpu come out soon which makes build a pc now pointless

i wish i had of waited

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
if you want a laptop and a desktop out of that money buy the laptop now and wait before building a desktop as the new sandy bridge and ivy bridge cpu come out soon which makes build a pc now pointless

i wish i had of waited

What's pointless is a 6 core sandy bridge processor for games. The 6 core chip is made for work. Those designers doing very heavy tasks will need it. Ivy bridge won't be that much more powerful than sandy bridge neither. Just like how the last generation core i7 45nm wasn't really that much slower than the 32nM(The performance is so similar you really can't even tell). Hanswell (successor to ivy bridge) is where the performance will kick in. So what I am saying until 2013 around march(ish), no need to upgrade the 4 core sandy bridge. If you want a faster gaming PC, 4 core sandy bridge + your money into the upcoming 7 series AMD graphics cards

Last edited:

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
well ive seen and been told that games will start using alot more cpu power soon and the fact they dont already is because of research done showing that most people only run a dual core cpu. im not saying 6 or 8 cores are better for gaming im saying its worth waiting so that even if you dont want to buy one of the new cpu's the 2nd gen i series will have had a price drop by then saving you money or if you want the new cpu then you have a choice. you also wont need your own power station to run one of the new Wintel cpu's

altho buy a Z68 or P67 board and you can still use the new intel cpu line up in it as they still use the 1155 socket

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
well ive seen and been told that games will start using alot more cpu power soon and the fact they dont already is because of research done showing that most people only run a dual core cpu. im not saying 6 or 8 cores are better for gaming im saying its worth waiting so that even if you dont want to buy one of the new cpu's the 2nd gen i series will have had a price drop by then saving you money or if you want the new cpu then you have a choice. you also wont need your own power station to run one of the new Wintel cpu's

altho buy a Z68 or P67 board and you can still use the new intel cpu line up in it as they still use the 1155 socket

There are prob only 1 or 2 games on a list that use more than 4 cores(far cry 2, bf3). The money you would be spending on the 6 core chip would be insane (600-1000 dollars). That is enough money to buy the best GPUs on the market. For 2 games, it's not worth it. Plus 1155 socket boards will be compatible with ivy bridge when they are released.

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
lol did you read anything i posted?

like i said if you wait the price of the 2nd gen i series cpu's will come down with the release of the new sandy bridge and ivy bridge cpu's (im not saying you should wait to buy the new line up of cpu's but wait for the price drop). im not talking about games that are out now that use multicore im talking about the fact that soon we will start to see more games coming out that use multi core. if i thought games were going to stay using dual cpu's for ages i would not have worried about getting an i5 as there was no need to.

yes already said about the socket 1155 and Z68 and P67 chipsets still supporting the new sandy and ivy bridge

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
lol did you read anything i posted?

like i said if you wait the price of the 2nd gen i series cpu's will come down with the release of the new sandy bridge and ivy bridge cpu's (im not saying you should wait to buy the new line up of cpu's but wait for the price drop). im not talking about games that are out now that use multicore im talking about the fact that soon we will start to see more games coming out that use multi core. if i thought games were going to stay using dual cpu's for ages i would not have worried about getting an i5 as there was no need to.

yes already said about the socket 1155 and Z68 and P67 chipsets still supporting the new sandy and ivy bridge

Oh lol. Also prices won't be changing on the 1155 socket processors.

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
i see no reason why they wont. the core i5 2500k has already gone down £10 from when i bought it

Titoezz

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
5 grand laptop??

hipfire-y-u-no-donate.jpg

Btw if i had 5 grand to spend on a laptop i'd just.... spend it on a desktop for fucks sake, you pay more for it being portable, while you dont play games in the park do you? I'd get 1 hella fast and big machine.

Last edited:

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
i see no reason why they wont. the core i5 2500k has already gone down £10 from when i bought it

2 reasons. 1. AMD bulldozer which was supposed to compete with Intel chips, isn't doing a good job vs 2500k. 2. 2011 socket chips will start at 500+ dollars, not in the same price range as the 1155 chips, meaning no need to drop the price more.

H1pFiR3

Sergeant
5 grand laptop??

hipfire-y-u-no-donate.jpg

Btw if i had 5 grand to spend on a laptop i'd just.... spend it on a desktop for fucks sake, you pay more for it being portable, while you dont play games in the park do you? I'd get 1 hella fast and big machine.
Hey Tit ur like the 10th person saying get a desktop. I get it and btw I would love to donate but I no have a credit card

Titoezz

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
A desktop is just better specs for less money, you pay a lot more for making it portable in a laptop, if you dont bring it with you every day or close to that just get a desktop. You can take out a LOT more from a 5 grand desktop than a 5 grand laptop.

Or you can always get a 2,5 grand laptop and a 2,5 grand desktop :p lol

Top Bottom