iPhone 4s Discussion (mainly it's failures)

RikuX2

Second Lieutenant
Personally my main problem with the 4S is all it is, is upgrades. nothing substantial either...all apple is doing is playing catch-up....e.g 8mp camera with 1080p recording.
By next year so much will advance they'll have to do a complete re haul with the 5.
What i find most amazing about apple is they're innovators. All they're doing now is playing catch up and meeting the status quo. In a couple of years Android will completely take over and apple won't be able to meet the expectations of the public.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
More competition is always better! I'm still waiting for the "iPhone Killer".

The 4s is/was a dissapointment mainly in the screen size for me. In my personal world experience, i recently got the Samsung Infuse 4G for the wife and I must say, the only good thing about it is the speed. Though, I'm also comparing it too a 2+ year old phone AKA the 3GS. When doing Quik Video chat, using it on Wifi, the Infuse looks horrible. Even if I swapped the camera to record from the back camera.

For my next purchase, I'm hoping the SGS2 or heck, even the Nexus Prime can catch my eye when actually at the ATT store in a little over a week.

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
More competition is always better! I'm still waiting for the "iPhone Killer".

The 4s is/was a dissapointment mainly in the screen size for me. In my personal world experience, i recently got the Samsung Infuse 4G for the wife and I must say, the only good thing about it is the speed. Though, I'm also comparing it too a 2+ year old phone AKA the 3GS. When doing Quik Video chat, using it on Wifi, the Infuse looks horrible. Even if I swapped the camera to record from the back camera.

For my next purchase, I'm hoping the SGS2 or heck, even the Nexus Prime can catch my eye when actually at the ATT store in a little over a week.

Though the SGSII and infuse look similar, they are different. SGSII has touchwiz 4 (new upgraded launcher) hardware accelerated browsing, actually hardware accelerated almost everything lol. It also has voice talk, feature like siri that it's had since release. All in all it will be a better device, but I would hold out to see what the nexus prime will look like. If nexus sucks (which hopefully it won't) you could still grab a sgsII or iphone 4s. if the bump on the back REALLY bothers you just buy a case. imo I have a giant bump on my phone (for the camera) and I never cared.

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

Personally my main problem with the 4S is all it is, is upgrades. nothing substantial either...all apple is doing is playing catch-up....e.g 8mp camera with 1080p recording.
By next year so much will advance they'll have to do a complete re haul with the 5.
What i find most amazing about apple is they're innovators. All they're doing now is playing catch up and meeting the status quo. In a couple of years Android will completely take over and apple won't be able to meet the expectations of the public.

This is my thoughts exactly. Android is already taking over the market share. It's surpassed apple's. Unless they start innovating again, iphone trend is going to die.

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

Hey wally, check this out. I found a solution to your anal-ness about the bump on the bottom lol

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Extended-3500mAh-Battery-Replacement/dp/B0056XU0LA

A super extended battery + back cover. Evens out the bump, and makes your phone last decades in terms of battery

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
lol. it makes the phone bulkier. I stopped using cases almost a year ago. Never going back.

It does make it bulkier, but your bump goes away and you have 80-100% better battery life. Prob go 4-6 days without recharging lol

Top Bottom