COD Secrets.

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
I don't know if it's automatic on systems with smaller gpu's but changing r_rendererPreference "Default" to r_rendererPreference "0" in config_mp.cfg will force Shader Model 2.0 (Directx 9.0b instead of 9.0c)

Adding "+set r_rendererPreference 0" (without quotes) to the command line will do the same thing. It gave me about 15-20 fps boost.

Y()()() M()N

The Old Guy
|K3| Member
ill have to try that thx

- - - Updated - - -

im gonna try changing some of these ingame setting thanks for the info folks

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
CoD4 secret no 10000000

There is a hidden picture of mario in broadcast, you can only see it with maxed out texture settings and texture res settings...etc.

10 bux to whoever finds it.

Joonikko

Shades, eternal shades.
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
I'm working on a longer post that includes everything I know about Call of Duty, but heres some basic stuff.

FPS
Frames per second
/com_maxfps (1…1000)
FPS is a huge factor when considering the IW (modified Quake) engine. It can cause you to jump higher and longer, run faster and even get to places where you otherwise couldn't get.

There are certain fps sweet spots to achieve different effects. Most common are 333, 250 and 125.

333 Fps
- silent walking
- much longer jump distance and heights
- faster movement speed
- you can get to places you otherwise couldn't

Yes, this is very borderline legal, but Infinity Ward capped the game at 1000 fps and its very hard to moderate without modding the server.

250 fps has the same but reduced effects from 333 fps with exception of no silent walking. This is why Promod is capped at 250 fps.

In new Call of Duty titles, developer console is either disabled or FPS is locked at ridiculously low level instead of actually fixing the bugs and glitches.

Movement
Wallrunning: Running next to a wall and looking at it at 45 degree angle causes you to move faster.
Strafe jumping: sprint, jump and do curved pattern while in the air. This causes you to jump longer.
Taking fall damage resets the sprint meter.

Field of View
/cg_fov (60...80) Changes the player field of view.
/cg_fovscale (0.1…2) changes the multiplier of cg_fov. Default value for this is 1x and promod uses 1.125x. Although this value is cheat protected, but you can test it in devmap.

Last edited:

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
CoD4 secret no 10000000

There is a hidden picture of mario in broadcast, you can only see it with maxed out texture settings and texture res settings...etc.

10 bux to whoever finds it.

Found it.

supermarioinCoD4.png

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
What a bad photoshop. You can see the actual painting underneath it...

shhhhhhhh he wont know:p

- - - Updated - - -

and it's a fake secret anyway so this is obviously photoshopped either way:p

Top Bottom