COD Secrets.

Titoezz

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
So, since every multiplayer config file starts the same for everyone, and the most here don't really pay attention on it except changing the resolution, i thought i'd tell you guys a bit more about it.
There are so many things you can do with it, but im just going through a bit of the basics now and let 360 and other rcon pro's ( :) ) comment the rest after it.

First, how to edit the config;
Go to ur main CoD folder, go to your Data folder, then the Players folder, and double click your main account name.
In there is a "config_mp.cfg" file. That's the one you need to edit.
As example to start custom configs i'll be giving you an "FPS boost" one. This config is made for people with a not so good GPU or people who just like to see a Huge Fps amount.

• FPS boost config.
The things in here are almost all good to go through the Game-console. So you don't need to edit the config file itself.
- First you need to see what fps ur running at now. So type; /cg_drawfps 1
- Next comes the series of commands, just type them in the console.
- /cg_fov 80 (The most important imo, does not actually improve FPS but does show you more of the map and gives you a better zoom in point, playing with this only will eventually improve your gameplay already.)
- /r_drawdecals 0
- /r_drawsun 0
- /r_drawwater 0
- /r_detail 0
- /r_picmip 3
- /r_picmip_bump 0
- /r_picmip_manual 0
- /r_picmip_spec 0
- /r_picmip_water 0
- /cg_marks 0
- /cg_marks_ents_player_only 0
- /cg_brass 0
- /snaps 30
- /cl_maxpackets 100
- /cl_packetdup 2
- /rate 25000
- /r_lodscalerigid 4
- /r_lodscaleskinned 4
- /r_lodbiasrigid 0
- /r_lodbiasskinned 0
- /sm_enable 0

After those you need to go to your Settings and go to Graphics. By this config your graphics won't look really cool but after all it's just to gain more FPS and see more of the map's environment.

In settings you get this:
- Anti Aliasing = Off
- Sync Frames = Off
- Shadows = Off
- Specular Map = Off
- Glow = Off
- Dynamic Lights = Off
- Soften Smoke Edges = Off
- Depth of Field = Off
- Rag Doll = Off
- Bullet Holes = Off
- Model Detail = Low
- Water Detail = Low

You probably know Resolution makes the biggest difference in FPS, but i'm not just telling you to put it at 800x600 if your used to 1980 or something, cuz the difference is so big that it can actually make you suck at Cod :p Just play a bit with the resolution, but remember the lower res the higher FPS.

In texture settings we already turned everything down with the console commands, but just be sure to set it to Billinair if it not already was.

• Please remember some servers don't allow these settings because it erases too much of the map that they think it's an advantage over others who don't know it. I personally think that's bullshit since it's all on the internet and every person that WANTS to know it, can. We allow every single of these settings on all KKK servers though.
If your going into a server that does not allow it. Just change the amounts back to what the server is telling you.

That was just my "basic" tutorial about how to improve FPS and how to edit your config file, i hope others will post their thoughts and tutorials below here. I hope this helped for you.

New addition: Funny devmap commands are also good to know, just for the fun or if it really is usefull. So comment away.

Titus.

Last edited:

PwnSauce

Banned
now, everybody add on your interesting hax to this thread.

Maybe we can get some good tricks and secrets here.

Thanks TITO!

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
Well I know some about BO and WM2 single -

1st in BO - when you start the singleplayer if you will press and hold space for some 2-3 secs you can stand up from the chair and walk around then you can find a veryyyy old PC if you will type there 1st - CD (enter) 2nd - DOA (enter) you can play 2-d zombies

2nd - MW2 singleplayer - in the "museum" find "information" and the red button if you will stay near and look at it you will see "dont push F' push it and all ALIVE ppl will try to kill you :)

Titoezz

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
Does /cg_brass disable muzzle flash?
"Turns off shell ejection. Not having to render them should send a few more fps your way, a good addition to your CoD4 config."

Nitroz Read the post before you comment. It's already in there.

SiloHunter

Condescending little prick
|K3| Moderator
You guys are out of it. These are simple codes... You guys are :foreveralone:

AVC

Banned
I'm not sure having the game look really sucky, or a 90's version of RTCW, will make for a better game experience.

Might make a new profile to see how sucky this looks.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
It may be a good idea to get into discussing some boundaries on what we allow to change in our configs.

You can do a lot.

There are some things I am sure many of you would view as cheating.

For instance, a person with a really good pc might remove depth of field and blurry shit and bushes. Change contrast and color settings. All of course fucking up how the game should look, was intended to look like, and all for the sake of gaining an advantage, while still completely unnecessary for that person. I would argue that this is not cheating, and we shouldn't disallow anything I just mentioned, but I think you have to agree, it's the kind of thing you'd expect from a weasel, not a legit player.

Same kinda thing with drawing a dot on your screen. You can just get a dry erase marker and get in game, then aim down sights and put a dot on your iron sights. BAM you have crosshairs permanently. However, you are not smart for figuring this out, everyone has already thought of it, we all just choose NOT to be weasels.

Just some thoughts.

Nice freakin' thread. Will use in the future.... whenever i get mah shit together.

---------- Post added September 26th, 2011 at 03:45 AM ---------- Previous post was September 25th, 2011 at 10:37 PM ----------

Who the fuck is the vamperi? gtfo

Last edited:

SABORTOOTH

Private First Class
well i like the thread.its very useful for people that dont have good comps and or connections.yeah it changes a few things but dont do it if ya dont want to.tit put this here to help people and i for one am greatful it helps me
:cool::hi5:

Sodalover

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
Holy shit 360...And thanks to you guys, I now have all these settings enabled. Looks like ass, still played like ass, albeit a lot better than before though

CiTyCHiLD

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
I understand what TheDude means, but I used some configs for my pc too though. If I don't, I get only 30 or less frames per second, so I would use some configs to boost it to at least 50 or 60 frames per second.

If I did have a great pc, then I wouldn't use any of them. That's why I agree with what AVC said. It's amazing having all the things in options turned up. One time I turned on some of the things on high to see what it looked like and it was great. I could tell someone was behind a wall because I could see a part of their shadow. I was on the balcony and they were behind that wall leading to the restrooms in broadcast.

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
meh, i alraedy die from not being able to see the bottom left screen cuz of 4 or 5 kill feeds,
but good find pwn

Top Bottom