[SOLVED] Banned on broadcast server for no reason ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nkisi

Hello,

I have been playing a lot on the Broadcast server you guys run, about 30 hours over the past few weeks or so. Yesterday, in the middle of a match, I was kicked out of the server and when I tried to rejoin, told me I was permanently banned, without warning.

I don't spawncamp, use hacks, or have I tried to recruit for a clan. sure many people have played with me on the Broadcast server and I believe I was banned in error

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Please see this post

Basically, you were kicked for being an excessive spawn camper. Will the ban be lifted? 50/50.

N

nkisi

I have never used scrollfire, or was I ever verbally warned before I was kicked/banned.
i do use p90 and like to sprint from the glass room to the stairs and get kills but I do not sit still and watch spawn

felon

I'm back :)
Former Krew Member
I have played with this guy quite a lot, I haven't seem him spawn camp as of yet.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
I have watched him, as I watch all other people who play when I usually play. I haven't seen him spawncamp.

Tito will tell you, as well, that it is very important to discuss the issue of scroll fire with our guests before any kicks are made.

HBeta

Master Sergeant
I have seen you several times and I think you get a lot of spawn kills. As far as I remember, I haven't seen you spawn camping.
Can't give more details til my macbook is back home :(

Maybe the mods should be more clear about the spawn camping rule in general, especially before permabans.

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
I have never used scrollfire, or was I ever verbally warned before I was kicked/banned.
i do use p90 and like to sprint from the glass room to the stairs and get kills but I do not sit still and watch spawn
Actually you did indeed use scrollfire when spawn camping, were warned, continued to do it, was kicked, came back and repeated. You were warned a few times total, I've also kicked/temp-banned you many times in the past for spawn camping

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
He's played over 600 mins on S1 this week alone. Seems strange no one else saw this. I also don't see him in the temp banned thread.

N

nkisi

Actually you did indeed use scrollfire when spawn camping, were warned, continued to do it, was kicked, came back and repeated. You were warned a few times total, I've also kicked/temp-banned you many times in the past for spawn camping

I did not use scrollfire nor have I ever used scrollfire in CoD4, I usually play with lmgs and not the G3, so what would I even use scrollfire for ? I was temp banned once (without warning), and when I rejoined, I asked "why was I temp banned", without reply. At the end of the day, it's your word versus mine, so it's fine.. there are other CoD4 servers to play on

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I knew that would be your exact response. I believe i made my view clear on the temp bans thread quite a bit before your last post in there which was one week ago.

Me stating that posting temp bans wasn't mandatory is obviously not a blanket statement that applies to every mod. It's up to the individual. I'm not really sure why you brought that up other than to throw my own words back at me, which was rather pointless.

The ban seems iffy with more than one contradicting statement is my point. Surely another mod would have seen the offense(s) during his 600+ mins of play this week alone.

Last edited:

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
Personally I never saw the reason of not logging temp bans.. In my opinion they should be logged, every time.. This includes everyone of us, not just noob mods and mods but supers and admins as well.. I still write down my Tbans and keep them for a couple days.. If i notice a problem child I note when I kick and keep that as well for a few days.. Which contradicting statements by the way? It's pretty clear why he was banned. Since he wasnt hacking perhaps he's learned a lesson and the ban can be lifted in a day or so

felon

I'm back :)
Former Krew Member
but in 600 minutes of play this last week, noone noticed and reported him? i find that VERY unlikely, and we have had more than one statement that they have never seen him spawncamp, including me.

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
He's probably spawn raping, what VoX and Slaya doesI have this one spot where I keep running around in circles, about 4 spawns in kne circleExcellent for koi ling people who just spawn and turn around the corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom