|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
4576652757.png

So, my router is a turd...
100/100 they said lol.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Speed with new router. Unlike the Comcast 'upgrade' the speed here has stayed steady. The result i posted after the comcast upgrade petered out within a day or two.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Sadly, i may have to return my router. Speeds are great, but my phone can't stay connected to the 5 ghz band (could very well be a phone issue from what i've read) I actually had to disable it because my phone was dropping wifi on the 2.4 band as well. Turning off the 5 seems to have cleared that up for the most part ( it did drop it again tonight during a speedtest) I've tried multiple channels, channel widths, etc. using a wifi analyzer as my guide to picking the best ones. (least used/congested)

My connection also took a dump tonight on the PC. This happend with my old router as well, so it could just be a problem with comcasts modem communicating with my router. I've had issues with Comcast equipment in the past. I have until Jan 16th, so i'll give it a good testing before deciding.

Finding a good router seems like a major PITA. Every router in my price range seems to be hit or miss. (based on reviews)

Last edited:
Top Bottom