[SOLVED] not sure why i was permanently banned....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
I think we (Wally) can unban him hope he won't do it again maybe he likes the server or why he appealed . Once Iv been at his place ... It's unforgettable lol I hate those admin :D

---------- Post added at 06:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 AM ----------

Maybe we can use a poll to help Wally decide:D

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
No, but considering the fact that Sniper has played for over a year, surely she would know what an aimbot was, no?
No need to get so aggressive Mr. Houston.
I'm just defending the guy because I think thats the right thing to do. I agree with damage, why would you bash at the guy and tell him to get the fuck off?
Then what would be the point of the whole section about appealing bans?

I never bashed anyone.. How can you possibly defend anyone when you didn't see him play? The "right" thing to do is to stay out of something you have no business being involved in.

The point of the appeals section is for the person banned to appeal said ban. It also gives the mod that banned him a chance to tell him why. Furthermore it gives the members that may or may not have seen anything a chance to put their 2 cents in as well. What isn't needed is attacking the banned party or the mod that banned him by a bunch of people that weren't even there. Your statement " I'm just defending the guy because I think thats the right thing to do." is one of the dumbest reasons I have ever read on here for this crap. Stop trying to score points with sniper and stay out of things that really have nothing to do with you

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

and a poll decides what? That a bunch of people that didn't witness what happened gets to vote and try to overturn a hacker being banned?

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
I agree with Houston that a poll is almost worthless most cases such as this.

There isn't much for us to do but ask that only people with relevant people post in these threads and delete posts that are off topic or would cause digression.

When it comes down to it, unless you saw the person before the ban, you can't have absolute knowledge (even if you are there sometimes you can't). Houston made the ban, he's a vet mod. I think we need to exercise a little more faith in our staff. Posing questions and possible points of error out for mods, such as Houston, is one thing. That should even be encouraged. However, I see a couple of people on this thread who seem to take their supposed knowledge of what kind of a person the banned guy (or things of that nature) over Houston's word that he was positive it was a good ban. That seems a tad disrespectful IMO, but is at the very least a show of a lack of faith in our mods (or some of them).

Unless you have proof that Houston's ban was made incorrectly (or correctly :D) or have other similar helpful information (even just vouching for the guy sometimes, I guess), please don't post in these threads? That sound like an okay thing to ask?

Also, concerning the bashing and offensive talk......

These people are already pissed at our krew for banning them. The only real exposure they have to us is most like our server and their ban appeal thread. If we act like jackasses in these threads, even though we aren't all jackasses most of the time, that is certainly what we'll look like.

Last edited:

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
I think we (Wally) can unban him hope he won't do it again maybe he likes the server or why he appealed . Once Iv been at his place ... It's unforgettable lol I hate those admin :D

---------- Post added at 06:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 AM ----------

I really have nothing to decide on. At times I will butt-in but this here is not the case.

A poll in a ban appeal thread only helps when numerous people (half) say to lift the ban. I like polls in such matters because the final say wouldn't really be upto me ;)

The ban at this point stands. Aimbots are most definitely easy to spot and I'm certain Houston made the right call on it.

FYI, marking this thread as solved within the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom