It's a celebration... Again! |KKK|'s 2nd Anniversary!!

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Hello everyone,

I am 2 days late; our anniversary was on June 10th! But no matter, the party has just begun!

Boy how time flies! I can remember the time when I was starting from scratch like it was just yesterday. As soon as I had to start all over, I literally lost some sleep. I know, I know, it's only a game and all.. But I wondered how the heck I was going to get back up.

It all started at the late hours of June 9th. I kept the server because it was coming out of my funds anyway and just let it run. At the time I hardly had anytime to play because of work, school and being married, let alone having my own personal problems; it wasn't easy.

I have no idea when exactly I met Sargass but he ended up coming to our 1st version of our forum (http://www.tinyurl.com/callofduty4kkk - it's still there by the way). He was an unbelievable help! He'd moderate the server that had no hacking allowed, and he probably brought people over cuz remember, I hardly played the game. Anyway, I have a great deal of respect for this man because he's really one of our |KKK|'s Veterans! There are others that I vaguely remember because there aren't here anymore but one of them was Zodiac. He also provided support and recruitment for us. He's long gone, but I'll remember him as well.

Months passed by, in our patch 1.6 days, and more and more people started coming to the free forum. New faces, more activity, |KKK| was taking off, yeah-buddy!! It was time for a new forum home! That's when cod4kkk.com (you'll get re-directed to this forum) was born! I don't know exactly when the change happened, but it was around December '09. I know, I know, I made a boo-boo (we lost all our data) with the forum in it's early stages, but I've learned from it, and to be honest the fix was REAL EASY! lol. You live and learn. Our Krew was growing steadily. I liked how our URL was easy so easy that a baby could memorize it on the first try! That's beside the point..

We've come a long way from our recruitment process. Many of you were here when our recruitment process consisted of:
Code:
Register on our forum
Submit an Introduction Thread in the Introduction Section
Stay active on our server(s)
Stay active on our forum
1-week grace period before being allowed to join our Klan
Submit an Application Thread/Topic on the Recruitment Section after the 1-week grace-period
A minimum of 10-post count before submitting an Application thread

What a laugh right? Well, the reason for it to be so easy was to bring people in. It worked, but it had a flaw. Once folks came, got their tags, they would never end up coming back to the forum, and we'd have a whole mess of people that we either didn't know or well, you get the idea.

Along came McFoe. Many of you probably remember him, he isn't here much but I'm certain he'll eventually come back. This man brought us ideas (the recruitment backbone we have today) that I personally would never had thought of. I owe him a great deal, and I'm appreciative he persisted in making the changes and working out the kinks with us. DamageINC has taken over the reigns and he's done an exceptional job at it! (I'll talk about him and about 95% of you guys in a bit, so sit tight).

Sometime early last year (probably February), we were in patch 1.6 and our 2 servers (I forget what kind of gametypes we were running at the time) were doing well. But I personally thought we had a bigger potential in 1.7 because of heck mostly everyone was in the newest patch which is 1.7. And another reason why I wanted the move was because my previous clan (the one I got booted from - read |KKK| The Beginning) was still at 1.6 and using the KKK acronym. I had just about the whole support of the Staff Members and so we ended up pushing the 1.7 patch.

March 2010, we ended up moving to 1.7. With the move, along came 6 more servers for a total of 8 servers. After the move, people had doubts and I don't blame them. Even though I had doubts, I didn't let anyone in the Krew know because then it would show weakness. We saw a few people leave to go back to 1.6; I'll name one for you: RoxanneGR.. I'm sure some of the veterans will remember her LOL. Even though the move caused instability with most of our servers, I'm certainly glad we made the jump. Yeah, some may think that our S2 at the time was solid as well, we've all come to adapt to what we have, and it's only getting better!

After the move, there really hasn't been a great deal of change but mostly just forum related stuff. All in all, the move was well worth it, at least to me it was!

Some of us come here on a daily basis after work, school, whatever it may be but we're consistent and we end up getting together for some good and bad times. You guys know who you are! :)

Some thank you's (in order that I see in the Krew Roster tab above):

AVC - Andy, you've been a tremendous help with managing the forum users, layout, etc.
honestjohnny - Johnny, you were an unbelievable help when we jumped to vBulletin.
DamageINC - D, I can't thank you enough for ALL the things that you do around here!
Mrs. Nesbitt aka PwnSauce (sorry, just had to lol) - Greg, we've had our battles and it's good to have you here. Thanks for managing the Moderators.
BluBird78 - Our resident Blu-Rager! lol You've been here from the first forum and I'm real glad you stuck around man. Go Obama! lol kidding. I just had to say that LOL
Brian79 - Brian, you've been here for a while as well and it's a pleasure having you here all this time, B!
Code - Elliot, the silent type (well almost all the time) that LOVES FFA Broadcast to death! Thanks for being here all this time man!
McFoe - Jon, you are the Founder of the Recruitment System we have today. Thank you!
Pugsport - Ross, even though you've been gone for a while, I really appreciate all the time and effort you put in to help rid of hackers in our servers.
Sargass, - Matthew, it's been a pleasure having you here from day 1! Thank you for the much needed support you provided.
TakeAway - Daan, you've put in a ton of sleepless nights in our servers, thanks a million!
517Houston - Bob, I am appreciative of all the support you've given our Krew! Thank you!
Dizaster & Unruley1 - You guys have been gone for a while but thanks for sticking around. I know you guys will be back real soon to help once again. Thanks!
HBeta - Hendrick (sp?), you are overlooked by MANY. We are thankful to have the support you give on a daily basis.
NickHouston - Nick, immature in the beginning but you've come a long way! Thanks for the daily support bud.
stevo - Steve, you drop us like a pair of underwear lol Good to have you back and know that your moderating time you put in also isn't overlooked by me. Thanks man!
The Moment - Drew, it's a pleasure having you here. Thanks for helping with S1.
TheDude - Chris, you are one heck of a player, and am thankful that I've learned some of your playing smarts. I have a long way but don't sit out for too long, I'm coming for ya! Thanks for the support man!
Titoezz - Peter, the man with the insanely fast fingers!! After watching your video, you are insanely good! So good that it makes your gun look like a scroll fire lol
Joe momma - Moe, we've had our differences in the past and I'm glad you stuck around. Thanks for the support you give the Krew with your techie-knowledge. Yes, we're not gonna stop calling you out on things lol
MasterClip - you drifted to MW2 for a while and I'm certainly glad you didn't drift away permanently. Thank you Mr. Ninja_Fish!
Cent0 - Jason, you are one tough cookie to beat! I have a lot to learn from you! I thank you for not taking things too seriously when most of us bash you! Thanks for being here man!
CityChild - The man with Interweb issues, but he's back! Pleasure to have you here man!
Clark - damn you namechanger! lol I think you're Trigg. Good to have you here man!
EDGESHOT - Thanks for being here and kicking ass in S1!
felon - thanks for the support you give the Krew!
Gen. E. Awesome - I thank your dad and Nick for bringing you here. Thanks for being here
GOSS! - The guy that spammed Damage with "Can I join now?" private messages lol. It's good to have you here goss.
J-Kelly - thanks for being here.
JohnRyan - The helpful guy that goes unnoticed. Thanks for the support!
juarez aka malasins - he's weird at times, I know lol Hope he gets Interwebs back soon.
Master_Race - the man that left us for school. Good to have you back and congrats on EMT school!
MikeK - eager guy to join us. Good to have you here.
Nabil - Hope your PC issues get fixed. Thanks for being here nonetheless.
No Mercy - Thanks for finally taking down the creepy Turks avatar lol
RikuX2 - Thanks for the support!
Sniper Girl - The girl of |KKK|. Glad to have you here, SG!
Sodalover - you're a funny cat! Thanks for the support!
someone360 - thanks for all that you've provided for the Krew!
Voodoo - thanks for the support man!
anal_blaster - he's gone unnoticeable the past few months, but glad to see him in |k|
Epic - good to have you here!
Grey_Fox - B, thanks for the support you have provided in the past. And I'm glad to have you back.
Slaya - another tough cookie to beat!! What's your secret? Good to finally have you more dedicated!
tonyzhou - thanks for the support man!
Trasgu - pleasure having you in TJ! You kick butt!
VoX - Thanks for the support!
Cryptonic - thanks for the battles! It's only the beginning of it lol Good to have you here!

Staff Members - I know I've already said it but without you guys I'd be overwhelmed. Thank you for the daily support!
Veterans - You guys know who you are, thanks for sticking with me this long!
|KKK| Members - I appreciate the loyalty!
|k| Recruits - You'll soon join the Elite, go kick butt at the scrim!
Forum Members - Thank you for being part of this whole shindig!
Premier Members - You guys have provided with an unbelievable support! It is much appreciated!

And anyone I might of forgotten, I thank you for the support you give the Krew!

Cheers, and I hope to have you guys for next year's celebration!

2 Year Anniversary - June 10th 2011​

I thank you for taking the time to read it!

:cheers: to many more anniversaries!

Last edited:

Trasgu

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
wow! that... was just... incredible! You know how much I respect you and how much I respect the krew. I love it here. Its just a great place. I hope we can stay together at least a couple more years. Your work is great Wally never doubt it, this place is almost a second home for having fun and good times. And you are the one who make it possible! Cheers! :happydrinking:

BriAn79

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Very nice post Wally! Can't believe it's been that long already. I haven't been with you guys as long
but I think it was Jan of last year when I joined so I been here for a bit. I'm sure me and most of the
others will continue to stay around and donate/help out whenever we can. I've really enjoyed it here
and wouldn't dream of leaving!

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Great post Wally and HAPPY BDAY TO |KKK|!!!

I liked the part "our blu-rager" haha, and I'm glad to be a part of this great Krew!! :happydrinking:

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Here is to 2 years of fuggin shit up! :happydrinking: I know i've only been here for 1.3 out of those 2 years but still haha.

HBeta

Master Sergeant
:happydrinking:

We have 50 members exactly (according to the list)

:happydrinking:

Last edited:

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
I read the _whole_ thing :eek:

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

wow! that... was just... incredible! You know how much I respect you and how much I respect the krew. I love it here. Its just a great place. I hope we can stay together at least a couple more years. Your work is great Wally never doubt it, this place is almost a second home for having fun and good times. And you are the one who make it possible! Cheers! :happydrinking:

Trasgu is the guy who gets wasted and tries to make out with wally at the party. :giggle:

And thanks WaLLy :D

Last edited:

Nitroz

Staff Sergeant
It's funny how Im last in everything :p

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

But that doesn't matter... all that cares is that im a recruit!:smug:

Take

Flying Dutchman
|K3| Member
Yeah, I'm sorry Wally I'm sleeping much more now, I'll work on that!

Goss400

|KKK| Member and Official post whore
Former Krew Member
Lol. Can we rip off those kute kuddly kittens heads off? LOL at me: spamming damages personal messages with "can i join now?"

Ty for the great story, looks like were much more famous then tha kute kuddly kittens. :D

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
It's been an honor and privilege being here, playing here, laughing here and arguing here for the last year and a half.
We have our assholes, nice guys, funny guys, perverted guys, nitwits, geniuses, campers, pros, kids, adults and everything in between..
We are truly a family!
Thanks Wally and everyone for allowing us all to be part of this!

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Of all the people in the Krew, i think the most we should thank is WaLLy. Without him, there would be no Kaptain Krunch Krew!

Thanks WaLLy, everything you do for us is greatly appreciated!

We wub you WaLLy!:inlove:

And BTW, I AM STILL IMMATURE! :rage:

Last edited:

CiTyCHiLD

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Congratulations WaLLy and the Krew!

Thanks WaLLy, Sargass, and all the rest for starting an easy going Krew, and creating place for us to have fun playing video games. Also, thanks to the staff for listening to what everyone has to say about the forums/servers and putting decisions made regarding the krew up for vote.

I know when I was first told I should join the krew I didn't think it was something I wanted to do. I thought it was another clan that drains the fun out of Cod4 and tries to tell me how I should play. When I got here, I figured out that it's the complete opposite. If anything, the staff here tries to come up with ideas that make this old game feel like new and more fun again.

thanks

BriAn79

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Yeah guess I should have said the same as Nick did.. thanks Wally!! And like city said,
this is pretty much a home away from home.. people we can chill with or whatever. I
am also proud to be a member here and don't plan on leaving anytime soon! :D

P.S. It wouldn't be the same without 517 either with all that he does.. all the weird
and unusual posts he has lol. Gotta love it!

B

BoobieBanger

So much effort put into this clan/ community you Sargass built thank you for all of you effort and sacrifice

Bb

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
It's been fun guys!
I don't plan on leaving anytime soon, just le you said Brian!
It's too fun, yeah, our home away from home ( or rather, inside for most of us :p )
It's been a fun year and almost half. I think I joined Jan 7th, four dAsy before the LITTLE forum accident on the 12th.
LOL fun times, I think most of you guys who were here remember, haha. I was worried I had to start again on the 10 posts, weird for me, huh?.

We've had our fun games, sometimes frustrating. I hope we play more fun games later when I get home, yeah?

I was almost mad when we made our move to 1.7, because our old 3 servers back in 1.6 was quite a blast, with the servers being full 24/7. I miss the old days. But no biggie, we have lots of fun right now, no?

Thanks WaLLy, staffs, members, VIPs, forum members, recruits, and just people who play on our servers.

AVC

Banned
Wow, are we up to two years already?
Well done Wally! And everyone!

I think I tick a lot of boxes in 517's list, lol.

Nitroz

Staff Sergeant
Well hope to be with this fun and great clan...Im already feelin like Im with the clan and I like It, I wouldn't even care If I didn't get in the clan (I would :p) So friendly, so many great and funny players. Hope to be in clan scrims with ya!

Top Bottom