Which Windows OS do you use?

Which Windows OS do you use?

• Total voters

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
So which Windows OS do you use? Why?

edit:
I use Windows 7. Ever since Windows 7 came out, I've been a quite happy with it as much, if not better than XP. It looks good and it isn't sluggish as Vista was.

7 all the way when it comes to Windows.

Last edited:

felon

I'm back :)
Former Krew Member
same as houston, it's just like xp, except slightly faster, vista was and is crap.

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
Windows 7 has a completely different kernel then what xp had. When a program crashed in xp it would most likely crash the whole os and your background would disappear and you would either have to restart or start the explorer.exe again but windows 7 the whole os dosent crash but the program just stops responding and you can safely shut it down and resume what you where doing. Also Win7 has a nice look and feel also I find pretty user friendly as well.

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
No felon there all like that I guarantee I could crash your windows XP lol Anyways I had a whole class on this subject so im sure my teacher knows what hes talking about plus from past experience, im sure anyone here will say that there xp crashed before looks almost like its getting ready to log out but logs right back in but really the OS just crashed and its trying to recover. sometimes you even need to start the task menu and start the explorer.exe. Win7 and possibly even Vista does not do that. Win7 has a better architecture and kernel then what XP had.

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Got Windows 7 x64 Pro here, and all I can say is I love it. XP was pretty good too and still is, but being a 32 bit OS it is fairly slow and sluggish, I've never used 32 bit 7 but from what I've read even it's pretty snappy too. Either way I really like Windows 7 and don't think I would go back to XP now :)

AVC

Banned
I still use XP pro.
I have a corporate edition. No activation required.
One day, I might upgrade to W7. prolly at my next upgrade.
Problem is, we have 5 machines at home and 3 at the shop. I assume I can buy or obtain one copy, and crack it coz I don't feel like buying 8 copies.
Then I'm still gonna have to reinstall OSs. I hope XP will network fine with W7.
Maybe someone can weigh in on this.

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
yes AVC you can easily network them both just need to set up sharing on both or as many machines as you want and you should be golden, its pretty much the same on Win7 and XP for sharing. I found this interesting article as well stating that windows 7 is more secure then xp as well http://www.brucebnews.com/2011/05/windows-7-is-safer-than-windows-xp/ for the time when xp was around no doubt it was a good OS but its about 11 years old now, when I upgraded to Win7 I even found that it was faster then xp as well I dont think ill ever go back the only time I install xp on peoples machines is if they have a shitty pc lol

PwnSauce

Banned
Not everybody is limited to being a Windows weenie lol.

Try Unix, Linux or OS X for a better computing experience.

Top Bottom