die? temp banned...

D

die?

Hello, I was enjoying myself playing on your FFA Broadcast only CoD4 server when, *poof*, I get temporarily banned.

I don't know how long the ban is for, and I am bewildered as to why I should have received the ban in the first place.

- Date - Saturday, April 20th, 2011

- Time - Shortly before 11:54 PM CST

- Which server - FFA Broadcast CoD4

- If any |KKK| players were on (that you know of) - According to the server widget on your website, |KKK|ZeroHoustn, and |KKK|NickHoustn. There may have been more, but I do not recall.

Again, this is only a temporary ban, but I feel that an apology is in order, for I received no warning that I was going to get banned, nor was I given a reason why I was going to get banned.

Thanks for the time.
die?

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Hello die?,

We have Staff Members that normally go undercover to ban potential hackers. I'm not saying that you were one but my point is that, I cannot unban you 'til we hear the side of the Staff Members story. If we don't hear anything within 72 hours, I will lift the ban.

I'm sure you've seen our spawn camping rule spammed by the console every few minutes or so; I'm also not saying you were spawn camping, but this is also another possibility.

Lastly, what name were you using when you got banned?

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
i kicked him for spawncamping using the /rcon kick command simply because it was much faster. I dont think it temp bans people if it does tell me now

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

and wally, it was a temp ban i dont think temps last 72 hours lol

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
in that case he could of easily been able to join. Not sure if he even tried again but at least we now know that he wasn't permanently banned.

And yes, I know Nick. I was just saying that if he was banned, as a common courtesy we give the Staff Members 72 hours to respond. If no post in the ban thread was made, and the Staff Member didn't claim the ban, I have to lift the ban.

NickHouston

|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
alright.

i know that i had my server set to temp-ban with the /rcon kick command because i temp banned kate

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
If he had been kicked and not temp banned, that is a very explicit warning in itself. The fact that he did not include this into his account leaves a couple of possibliites. 1. Nick accidentally temped, which would be really fkin hard to do. (and i srsly doubt he's lying) 2. This guy was kicked, and not temp banned, and just didn't realize it. 3. This guy is full of shit and either trying to fuck with us or is just another internet liar. 4. Someone else temp banned him and he "forgot" to include that he was also kicked prior to being temp banned.

D

die?

still banned.

Hello again.

Yes, I read the reason I was temp banned in the other thread. I only have three things to say.

1. I was not intensionally spawn camping. I do not enjoy sitting in a corner ADSed at a spawn the entire game. I run around kill people, and move back and forth between covers.

2. If I happen to see a guy that spawns, I shoot them, because why would I let someone kill me if I had the chance to kill them. It makes no sense to run around and every person I see not shoot them because of the off chance that they may have spawned a mere half second before.

3. I am not trying to tell you how to set up your rules, but maybe the rule about spawn camping needs to be slacked back a bit, possibly give the offender a 1,2, 3rd strike you're out deal. Just a thought, no need to oblige it.

Additionally, I did attempt to reconnect, but I am still banned. This is 12:38 as my last attempt. The name I was using is the same as the one the forum.

die?

Thank you again for the time.

NickHouston

|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
you WERE spawncamping. Stop making new threads. :locked:

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
I saw him in the server recently. He's not posted in Staff Bans. Also, please attest explicitly that you were not kicked first? If you were kicked at all before being temp banned, that would be an OBVIOUS warning. It would seem to say "do not do whatever it was you were doing when you got kicked." Then you have the readily available oppurtunity to come back into the server and ask to speak to the mod personally. If you are polite, and the mod responds harshly, this is misconduct, and you should report them to an admin on our site. If you do not act politely, and come back in with fire in your eyes bitching about human rights and shit, obviously the mod will respond accordingly. None of our moderators are paid. They act how you would expect any reasonable person on the street to act.

This thread shouldn't have been locked. When it is a case like this, Nick, you should ask an admin whether or not the thread should be locked. The guy deserves to be able to bitch at us on our site, especially since he is doing it politely. Furthermore, if he is actually still permanently banned, this issue needs to be dealt with.

Last edited:

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
This question was asked and answered.. He isn't banned. At worst he was temp banned which expires in a hour from the ban.. No reason for an appeal of a temp ban...

Question for Nick:

Are you using /rcon kick or /rcon clientkick ?

NickHouston

|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Are you using /rcon kick or /rcon clientkick ?
i usually do /rcon clientkick but since his name was so short i did /rcon kick die? simply because the server was full of spawncampers and i wanted to do it as quickly as possible

Nabil

Staff Sergeant
well client kick is for the specific person and just kick, but for kick.... i dunno, last time i did the guy got banned :\

NickHouston

|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Well i bet this spawncamper learned his lesson either way. Id post the temp ban but i dont remember the time/date

Sent from NickHouston's iPhone using Tapatalk.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
If by accident you perm ban a spawncamper, it is your responsibility to undo your MISTAKE by contacting an admin IMMEDIATELY.
If by accident you temp ban a spawncamper without warning, it is your responsibility to explain to the spawncamper wtf happened and why he/she was temp banned without warning, specifically outlining your mistake, so as not to make the krew out to look like assholes.

I am just responding to what Nabil said, but I doubt the guy was perm banned or he would have said so.

As for the date and time, the guy clearly marked it in his OP.

Last edited:

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
Maybe you forgot, but you ain't an admin.. You're a noob mod like the rest of us.. If a command is not doing what its supposed to do that is a problem that needs to be addressed. What "verdict" was reached anyway? All I see is someone claiming to be banned that may or may not have been by an mod that used a kick command.. Whole thing seems kinda fishy to me

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Maybe you forgot, but you ain't an admin.. You're a noob mod like the rest of us.. If a command is not doing what its supposed to do that is a problem that needs to be addressed. What "verdict" was reached anyway? All I see is someone claiming to be banned that may or may not have been by an mod that used a kick command.. Whole thing seems kinda fishy to me

I did not forget, and I fail to see what the issue you have with what I said was. If someone is perma banned by mistake, should an admin not be contacted? If someone is temp baned by mistake, should the person not be notified why? Did I not clearly state that I was responding to Nabil with those 2 statements? Can an admin not easily correct me if I am wrong? These are things I would have said regardless of my rank in this krew.

Last edited:
Top Bottom