Clarification of the Spawn Camper rule put into place

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Mohammed, it also depends greatly on the servers traffic at that time. There are certain places I will kick for that are not directly looking upon spawn points, but might as well be, as there is NO way to defend against the spawncamper, so spawning there makes you shit out of luck. For instance, camping inside the cubicles looking into teh room with the stairs right at that spawn under the stairs, that is spawncamping in my opinion. You can't really come up with a logical argument as to how the people on that spawn are supposed to deal with that person, or how they are supposed to be able to exit their spawn. You can also walbang from there for spawnkills, and I am not going to sit and watch a person camping there the whole time to make sure they aren't wallbanging that spawn at all. So the solution is just to disallow that spot when the traffic gets to a certain level.

There are a few spots like this, and any mods with issues on how I kick for these spots should report me to an admin immediatly. I don't think I am in the wrong for spots like that at all, and it is impossible to argue logically that it's not spawncamping.

Things like these are best left to the discretion of the mods. If a problem arises, it will get dealt with.

Ritz1

Private First Class
Former Krew Member
I agree with you about the "spawn kill" and "spawn camp" thing. They're both two different things, but some people commonly mistake them. Just today I accused two players of spawn camping just because I didn't see their actions before the killcams. One just happened to throw a nade at my spawn, and peaked out to kill me. The other dropped down into the office on broadcast as I spawned and killed me, but from my perspective of the killcam, it was as if he was waiting to kill someone at the spawn! :p

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
I get accused of Spawncamping quite often. Even by members. I don't spawncamp. I never do. Spawnkill? Yes.

Let's say there's 15+ people on the server. You have to control the spawns because if you don't, they'll fuck you up and spawn people behind you.

Jana

Banana!
|K3|Super-Moderator
Recruitment Team
I understand you, Rival. I do the same when there are many people on the server. I think, Spawnkills are unavoidable with many players.
Spawncamping, however, isn´t acceptable. But i think the mods do a good job on that.

Cryogenic Flare

The King of Tags
Former Krew Member
I don't think the messages of no spawn camping get across in the server that much. I know of a lot of people that don't look at the chat, so they probably didn't even see the messages about no spawn camping nor our warning to them

Ritz1

Private First Class
Former Krew Member
I've seen some people just sit there waiting at a spawn, get one kill, and run off like nothing happened. This is obviously sc but when they get one kill and run away like that, it makes it harder for them to be noticed than sitting in one spawn half the game... :/

rocketfish

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
Your right Ritz1 they do that alot. Not much can be done about that, when its more than one then we can warn. That's just another form of spawn-trolling in my opinion.

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
:no: rocket.

If somebody is camps and aims at a spawn with intention to kill people who spawn, it is spawn camping even if he camps only for a litle while. I'd treat it as regular spawncamping.

Although, bear in mind that some people might not know all the spawn points.

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
Amyone that is above the rank of a Sgt thats been on our servers knows the spawns.. If they tell you different they are full of shit. It's an old game and not that new for most of our players

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
Not anyone plays BC constantly and the more players are on the server, the more spawns work.
Penalties for spawn camping are not too harsh what lets us keep more players on the server but they are balanced well.
Any way, we have to warn twice before kicking to let offenders stop in time.
Also, all penalties and reasons are recorded by Echelon so regular spawn campers will not go unnoticed and action will be taken.

P.S. We (Staff members) have spawn camping guidlines with a set order of penalties for each spawn camper and a thread with a list of names of those who never learn. After several tempbans the get banned permanently.

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
I warn peeps for spawncamping even if there's not enough people for anyone to spawn there. They should know they're not allowed to camp there so they don't start ruckus when there's actually enough people and they sit there.

P.S. Toliamba wants the B :ban:

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
Actually thats not spawncamping if they dont kill people. They can camp anywhere if they dont spawnkill at the same time, IMO

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
If they're aiming at a spawn they're spawncamping.

Regardless of if people are spawning there or not.

Letting them aim at spawns where nobody will spawn just teaches them that it's OK to do that.

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
Exactly.

Intent to kill people is the main point.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone aiming at a spawn without intent to kill people.

Just me?

Top Bottom