Internet problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Yeah makes sense Wally, but I thought the mac address from the computer was being sent wireless? If so and they have no encryption then it should be easy to get the address, but if it's encrypted then yeah, they would have to break the PW first. That's why I suggested to City to use the Linksys router with WPA2 encryption, although you could also add just mac address filtering too and that would be even more secure. :)

CiTyCHiLD

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
@Damage, I only have one laptop and one desktop. I heard you could plug in a printer to the router, but my printer is old and I don't think it can go wireless. I would love to do that though. When you guys say secure my network, what do you mean? I put a password on my network and a phrase on my network. Blue said something about the WPA2 method. Is that like an option I can pick in the settings? You are right though WaLLy I'm sure there is someone out there right now learning how to hack, and bypass all these security steps. I'm not sure what mac addressing is though.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
You should be able to use ur printer wirelessly and share one printer on Two computers without having to hook it into a router. Securing your network is putting a password on it that only you know so no other people can use your network but you. You just need to go from DSL into house>into router>router out to desktop. Router should then beam signals to laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom