Modern warfare 2 Dedicated servers

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
you make a good point houston heres a link to where it explains copyrights in a few places around the world http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_copyright

heres a peice of the canadian law

CanadaIn Canada software is protected as a literary work under the Copyright Act of Canada. Copyright is acquired automatically when an original work is generated, the creator is not required to register or mark the work with the copyright symbol in order to be protected[9]. The rights holder is granted: the exclusive right of reproduction, the right to rent the software, the right to restrain others from renting the software and the right to assign or license the copyright to others. Exceptions to these rights are set out by the terms of Fair Dealing, these exempt users from copyright liability covering usage and reproduction when performed for private study, criticism or research. Changes to the Copyright Act in regard to digital copyright were debated in the Canadian Parliament in 2008. Bill C-61 proposed alterations of the breadth and depth of exemptions for uses such as personal back-ups, reverse engineering and security testing.

says it right there Copyright is acquired automatically when an original work is generated, the creator is not required to register or mark the work with the copyright symbol in order to be protected[9]

MasterCLiP

Resident Brony
Former Krew Member
.....the link you posted for this software originally was legit though right?

I say as long as the paid version of a game is required to use the mod/3rd party add on, it's ok. :) Think about all the mods for valve games like half life 2 (they're the only ones I know how to make) there are thousands of different mods out there for half life and other valve games and valve encourages them because they know you need to own half life 2 to play.

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
.....the link you posted for this software originally was legit though right?

I say as long as the paid version of a game is required to use the mod/3rd party add on, it's ok.

yea I would agree with you to but anyone with a legit copy or not can now play online, dont forget hackers made this software availble and created other add ons you no longer need a cd key to play and they took out steam right out the picture.

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
yea I would agree with you to but anyone with a legit copy or not can now play online, dont forget hackers made this software availble and created other add ons you no longer need a cd key to play and they took out steam right out the picture.

Yea but they delivered a dedicated server system that activision failed to give us, the consumer.

MasterCLiP

Resident Brony
Former Krew Member
D/Led! Its pretty awesome playing dedicated servers even though there aren't a lot. Would be 10x better if I could transfer the my mw2 profile on steam to this copy. Also it has DLC maps that I haven't even bought. :eek:

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
D/Led! Its pretty awesome playing dedicated servers even though there aren't a lot. Would be 10x better if I could transfer the my mw2 profile on steam to this copy. Also it has DLC maps that I haven't even bought. :eek:

there arnt alot? last time I checked there were almost 800 modern warfare 2 servers online, thats quite a bit lol

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Yea ill make one very soon kate, just got some things to take care of and ill get on it.

As for you masterclip, sort the servers by ping. I find at least 20 populated servers with around 30 ping usually when I get online. plus when we get our own server you won't have this problem :p

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
well cod4 is legit, this is a private community, so yea. not at all the same thing.

Top Bottom