Modern warfare 2 Dedicated servers

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
So I just found out mw2 has dedicated servers thanks to a patch released by alterIWnet (thread here to download)
http://alteriw.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24

This patch works on downloaded and legit versions of mw2. Basically what this patch does is enable the normal mw2 multiplayer without dedi servers and opens a whole new part to the game with dedi servers. Its good stuff. Whether or not wally wants to get a KKK mw2 server going on, thats up to him. But I think all krew members should get their hands on this so we can play together, I find mw2 has a ton more guns and selection of addons than black ops. Also the max level is 70, not 50 or 55. Here is a small video showing it running on my pc...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWaFy7mFEEs

Comment telling me what you think!

MasterCLiP

Resident Brony
Former Krew Member
What part of 'legit' do you not understand? lol Nice info always wondered how I joined modded servers, I D/L when I get on my computer

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
If Wally were to get a server (obviously his choice) then i'd be there. Not sure i'd play on any other servers as a lot of MW2 players are morons and douchebags.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
I've known this for quite sometime now. Hadn't had much time to fix anything modded related. I still need to get a better redirect host since our current one SUCKS monkey-balls!

Any who, I'll make it a project to get it done this week. :)

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
i saw it its look good just wondering if it would work on my banned mw2 multiplayer account lol

It doesn't use your mw2 account. So if you patch up the game you will be unbanned because this isn't using the original servers that mw2 uses. its on hacked servers.

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

I've known this for quite sometime now. Hadn't had much time to fix anything modded related. I still need to get a better redirect host since our current one SUCKS monkey-balls!

Any who, I'll make it a project to get it done this week. :)

Great! Looking forward to it wally! It also helps now though because they just added that server list feature, so now everyone can find it easily.

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

What part of 'legit' do you not understand? lol Nice info always wondered how I joined modded servers, I D/L when I get on my computer

Your game does NOT have to be a legit copy, it can be a downloaded copy from the internet like torrent or warez.

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
Few things..

You'll be starting all over again...

If you use this it looks like you'll have 2 MP copies.. If you use the cracked version you can use the dedi servers..

You can't use this thru steam it looks like so your MW2 profile will remain as it is..

I dont know if you can dump your Old MW2 profile into the hacked version

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Seems like the anti virus' are picking this up as a virus/worm.

After trying to play it the 2nd time it quit on me and said this version is no longer any good

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Few things..

You'll be starting all over again...

If you use this it looks like you'll have 2 MP copies.. If you use the cracked version you can use the dedi servers..

You can't use this thru steam it looks like so your MW2 profile will remain as it is..

I dont know if you can dump your Old MW2 profile into the hacked version

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Seems like the anti virus' are picking this up as a virus/worm.

After trying to play it the 2nd time it quit on me and said this version is no longer any good

Yea it says that because its not the newest version. I installed the newest one off the website and it worked flawlessly, it even has an auto update feature. If this persists, Ill make another video showing everyone how to get it running sometime tomorrow. As for the virus detection im pretty sure its a false positive, but I will personally look into it and run a few tests myself and get back to everyone.

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Ok, Ive tryed 2 anti virus programs, AVG and Avast, both showed no signs of viruses. Im 100% sure that was a false positive for whatever program you used, because AVG and Avast are high end programs, so if they didn't pick up anything, then there is nothing there. Ill get you guys that video tomorrow after school if I have the time.

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
This kinda sounds like a good idea at first, but you wont be seeing me on them or be downloading a illegal copy of this, if this is a hacked version then that means it wasent intended to be right? so its just a matter of time until they shut this down. I use to play mw2 hacked version but it got patched all the time. All i gotta say if you wanna play online buy the real deal.

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
This kinda sounds like a good idea at first, but you wont be seeing me on them or be downloading a illegal copy of this, if this is a hacked version then that means it wasent intended to be right? so its just a matter of time until they shut this down. I use to play mw2 hacked version but it got patched all the time. All i gotta say if you wanna play online buy the real deal.

Its not going to get shut down because its not illegal and once you patch the game with this your game will not be patched again via activision or steam servers. This is a patch created to work WITH modern warfare 2 code, not stealing it, which makes it legal. The code used does NOT belong to activision, it belongs to alterIWnet. Its the choice of alterIWnet to release its creations, which is perfectly legal. Its only illegal if you download a copy of mw2 and use that to play the game online. I used to down mw2 so I can download it LEGALLY without getting in trouble. infact I think I still have my case somewere but I dont have the game anymore. If you still think im wrong why don't you go ask our software guru pwnsauce and see what he thinks. Either way you can play with us, or don't play with us. Your choice.

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
Well i could be wrong with the dedicated servers joe, well kinda but anyhow any peice of code written by me or some else has a copyright unless they give it out to everyone you can even look it up if you want im not here to argue im not a highschool student i go to college to be a programmer and my teacher tells me the same thing and ive done tones of tutorials and they all been written by regular guys and still have copyrights, i can make a program right now and its copyrighted to me but you make a good point that they only modified the servers not the game, but i just see this as another encouragment to hackers because its a hacked version right im not stopping nobody from playing this just saying I wont be playing lol To tell you the truth i think im done downloading anything pirated and if you want pwnsauce feedback he would prob say the same pirated software can be loaded with spyware and what not, its kinda a security issue as well, not saying this is i dont even have mw2 so i wont be buying it or downloading an illegal copy

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
yea, a COPYright. meaning COPYing/distributing is illegal. Making a mod which has been done since the original call of duty isn't because the code itself was created by someone else other than activision and spread through the internet. And there is NO virus inside of this ive scanned it with 2 of the best anti-virus programs. I am a pretty knowledge able person about these things trust me stevo, we arn't doing anything illegal here in the krew. Its all legit. You may think I retarded because im like what 4 years younger than you, but that is false, I am a fairly knowledgeable person here at the krew, I do my homework before posting things.

Last edited:

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
you have to get a copyright for it to be copyrighted. This is one of the reasons they have copyright lawyers (and patent lawyers). Things you say, create, or otherwise do are not just copyrighted by default. It's not hard to make them copyrighted, but you can't just assume it's copyrighted just because you just made it, in most cases.

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
you have to get a copyright for it to be copyrighted. This is one of the reasons they have copyright lawyers. Things you say, create, or otherwise do are not just copyrighted by default. It's not hard to make them copyrighted, but you can't just assume it's copyrighted just because you just made it, in most cases.

Yea but he thinks making a patch/mod for the game is illegal, which isn't at all true but he didn't understand that. Thats what I was trying to explain to him lol.

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
you have to get a copyright for it to be copyrighted. This is one of the reasons they have copyright lawyers (and patent lawyers). Things you say, create, or otherwise do are not just copyrighted by default. It's not hard to make them copyrighted, but you can't just assume it's copyrighted just because you just made it, in most cases.

no dude ur code will always be copyrighted, its copyrighted to the programmer thats why ive always been told not to share my information, its a big business out there and its growing like crazy. And if you ask where i got my info i did some google searches and ive already been told and asked my teacher. Im pretty sure my teacher would know hes been programming for ages, works on iphone apps, game controllers and hes got an interesting past, if you want I did and interview on him and can post the whole thing lol As a future game developer i dont support any of this cracked stuff. Anyhow cracked servers never have never been legit and i dont think they ever will be. I think the only reason this never got shut down was because so many people complained about dedicated servers. By the way joe this has been out since almost the day it got released lol old news buddy, and cod4 cracked servers alot of them got banned. Another thing how do you ban a hacker who hides its ip? theres no more guid to ban by since anyone with a legit copy or not can play, ive heard these things where hacker infested makes sense since hackers made this lol

Top Bottom