What is really noob?

BriAn79

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Yeah I have to agree. I don't care if someone calls me a noob I just laugh it off. Usually they're just playing around anyways and if they really mean it who cares? I sure don't.. Sometimes I use marty to just to combat all the martyness that's going on. When there's 35 people on S1 marty's everywhere anyways. Just depends on what perk you wanna use :D

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
1 person may call it n00b, but thank goodness is only their opinion.

Everyone, as long as whatever perk, gun, attachment you're using is working for you, then keep on using it. Who the flying fudge cares what anyones else thinks? :)

^^doesn't apply to objective gametypes. :p

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Yeah I do hate it when people call legit parts of the game noob. I don't really care if the kills I get are all fancy and epic snipe shots that I did with perks that don't help me all; as long as I get the kill. The only thing that is honestly noob to me is hacking. Everything else i try not to complain about; I just deal with it.

you guys should read my posts and stop involving things in this that are not involved.

3 or 4 times now i have said the ak47 is my favorite assault rifle. I have had, at times, 5 custom classes with the AK as the primary. Just because i like to sniper doesnt mean i think everyone should be sniping. Just because the ak 47 IS noob and requires VERY LITTLE skill to win on server 1 with, doesn't mean it isnt an epic weapon.

Look, here's the fact. You CAN hold mouse 1 down and hold w almost exclusively and win on server one with an ak47, slieght of hand, deep impact, and bandolier. What does that tell you about the weapon and how much skill it takes to use it?

NOW... look here. I FUCKING LOVE THE AK 47. So get off my ass. I was never on yours. I am however, willing to admit that the ak47 is both epic AND extremely nooby.

So maybe we shoudl define what nooby means to us. To me, nooby things are things that require little or not skill to wreck someones game who is trying very hard with lots of experience. Think, that guy on server 1 who is holding w and mouse.. nbo matter how good you are, he is going to get some serious kills on you. He is going to get in the way. You are going to hate him. But so what? It's nooby, it's an epic gun. I love the gun, i love using it.

NOW aside from this.. where in ANY SINGLE POST did i say anything about sniping being the only non-noob thing? 2 times now people have commented that this is what i am suggesting. I like to snipe. It's not how im going to get the most kills. When i get serious, i do not snipe. THEN OH LOOK, here is this wonderful post somewhere above this one listing pretty much EVERY GUN aside from the ak47 and p90 as being NON NOOBY.

No personal shots were ever taken in this thread. No description of how anyone plays was put in this thread. All it's about is the fact that while marty got me around 25% kills for deaths, simply walking and holding fire down with a p90 and ak47 gets me close to winning.

I actually meant it to be funny. I dont get why everyone is starting to take shots now.

Last edited:

MasterCLiP

Resident Brony
Former Krew Member
you guys should read my posts

^this is hard. ;)

So maybe we shoudl define what nooby means to us.

hacking, for me, just hacking is noob.

NOW aside from this.. where in ANY SINGLE POST did i say anything about sniping being the only non-noob thing?

you didn't, sniping is just a common example we all use beause its the most obvious one. No one was suggesting that.

here is this wonderful post

Thanks!

No personal shots were ever taken in this thread. No description of how anyone plays was put in this thread. All it's about is the fact that while marty got me around 25% kills for deaths, simply walking and holding fire down with a p90 and ak47 gets me close to winning.

I actually meant it to be funny. I dont get why everyone is starting to take shots now.

No one was trying to take shots at anyone. Please do not take thing so defensively and , I hope I didn't offend you in any way. We were just listing what we thought was noob and not noob. This is just an opinon thread. Any resemblance to our opinions and your actual play style is strictly coincidental. :)

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Noob is calling certain weapons noob, ya buncha friggin noobs....;)

I completely agree, who cares about the noobish things these weapons are, if you are happy and good using them then do it!! There are many times I've got first place on S1 with a P90, but also with an AK-47. IMO this post in itself is noobish, lol, no offense Dude :p

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
WHO-GIVES-A-FUCK800x600.jpg

Last edited:

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
We had the "Marty vs. Last Stand" thread.... i thought i'd add the thread which is like "Why these people actually win."

Edgeshot doesn't need a p90 to win....... i dont think. There are those that do. For those people.......... i still don't give a fuck. This thread started out pretty benign.

Sounds like some kiddies talked about it and decided it was a BAD wittle thread.

AVC

Banned
How is 385 to 625 close to winning? It's not. It might be in the top 3 but it's nowhere near winning. I'm guessing that 3rd place was due to all the noobs.

I dont see how the P90 is n00b. I like it for one main reason. Mag capacity. I used to use the (gold) Mini-uzi in S1 all the time. The big prob was you HAD to have Sleight Of Hand coz you had to reload after every kill. You can easily get three kills with the P90 and know you're not carrying an empty weapon.

The p90 does not pwn every other weapon. If it did, everyone would use it. Then it would be noob.

Spawncamping is noob. Dudes who get stuck trying to jump through the windows in S1 are noob.

Every weapon has advantages and disadvantages. There are no "noob" silver bullet weapons.

Take the Barrett. It can take down a target from all the way across any map, in HC you dont even need a central shot. But is it noob? No, it's shit to carry, it kicks like a mule, and has crappy scope sway. Sure, it's got grunt, but grunt alone does not mean it's noob.

Besides which, the P90 is not unlocked by default, so how can a noob use it?

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Okay, the p90 removes the need (in hardcore) to have good aiming skills at all. While many automatic weapons in hardcore are this way, the p90 trumps them all with its MASSIVE clip. There is no reason i should be trying to usp a guy playing ring around the rosie around a car 5 times before his freakin gun finally runs out.

The p90 is a noob weapon because it's capabilities and upsides favor the skillset of the complete noob almost completely. Sure you've got a nice clips size. You get this at the loss of bullet penetration and range. Who doesn't need range or penetration? People who don't AIM for long distance shots. Yes of course, someone is going to say "Yea but but but but i shot someone with the p90 with the sights up from the lobby to the sniper house. Yea, but i run around like a tard in close quarters with a sniper rifle getting pwnd, doesn't make it the ideal weapon for this task. In terms of range killing, the p90 seems to be as useful as the mini uzi, if you can figure out how to deal with the uzis upward recoil.

You have the MASSIVE clip like i said before, because you aren't using those first 3 shots to kill someone, you're sending out a shit ton of bullets in a general area of aim, at distances bordering where i would choose an assault rifle SOME of the time.

In softcore i can see the p90 being more balanced. In hardcore its just a pain in the ass to deal with.

In terms of the "silver bullet" weapon. AK 47 man. Tell me where it fails.
Its recoil is easily manageable. The 3rd shot almost ALWAYS comes back down to teh target if for some reason the first 2 shots missed.
Its penetration is godly.
Its rate of fire is just right, all goldilocks style. You can count on no one getting through your spray of bullets, while not having to worry so much that keeping that spray up is going to exhaust your mag too quickly.
It's ONE SHOT KILL. Jugganoobs it's 2 shots if you hit a limb. I think chest and up is still one shot kill.
The iron sights are my favorite in the game. They are unobtrusive and very precise.
Its hip shot accuracy is amazing as well. Just look at it when you get a chance to see the crosshairs. In my experience, you can count on hip shot fire from an AK47 to kill more at any reasonable range than any other gun in the game (- noobtubes XD). P90 hip shot acc simply doesnt cut it at range, and the ak47's does, not to mention you only need that 1 shot from the ak.
Its reload time is fantastic, even without sleight of hand, assuming you are canceling the reload animation (shift, double weapon switch). With sleight of hand, you can walk around shooting 80% of the time at least. THATs how little time it takes to reload. Reloading Mid-firefight is not a problem with sleight of hand, and many times even without it.
Accuracy is not an issue for any weapon in cod4. Recoil is what affects accuracy in this game in any noticeable way. The AK47's recoil, as i said, doesn't get in the way, and in many cases will GET you your kill.
Sights come up fast, most of the time, your spray while bringing up the sights will kill anyway, so no worries.
Standard clip size, 30 rounds, perfect for multiple kills without having to reload when you take into account that you really only NEED 1 shot per kill.

The AK47 is GODLY, in HC unmodded play, it trumps every other weapon in my opinion. The ONLY reason i would choose an smg is for the ADS toggle time and the mobility.

And we all know getting the golden deagle doesn't mean you are any good at this game.

Ok... if it still takes you 20 minutes to read this... you need to hit up the phonics game, or sylvan learning center, or jump off a cliff.

Last edited:

Arcani

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
matyr is nubier its just a way to kill some1 that killed u thats obviously much more skilled then u r since u couldnt kill em

and chris no matyr user just uses it to get kills with only it no he combines it with the p90 or some other nub weapon and gets near the top of the scores list

thats why every fricken matyr user is a nub but i dont think its the nubiest anymore i think its nub tub now...cause u showed me just matyr

PwnSauce

Banned
I vote that dude figures out how to edit his posts to be more concise so we can get through them in under 20 minutes.
Might get your message across more effectively.

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
I vote that the p90 is nub, marty is nub, ak47 is nub, and Goss is nub.

Top Bottom