What was the first mulitplayer game you ever played that was a first person shooter?

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
Cowboys and Indians

And War

---------- Post added at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 AM ----------

Damn, all you guys are young.
My first game was Duke Nukem 3D. Still has the best one-liners in any game. Except maybe COD Zombies.

Duke Nukem 3d was AWESOME!

Reactions: AVC
B

Brendy25

Jeez, I've been playing FPSs since I was like 8. Started out on Medal of Honor: Underground spilt screen with my buddy, but the first ever online experience came from Delta Force: Blackhawk Down

DxnK

Private First Class
My first game would have been Halo 3 till my mom bought me l4d for pc then ever since its been pc for me XD

C

Chicken

my first fps was battlefield vietnam on the pc.my first on the ps2 MoH

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
cod4 is the first game i really played against other people online. PLayed halo with 2 friends for a while.

First multiplayer fps i ever played was perfect dark on n64. n64 = awesome.

Sgt.Fishy

Sergeant
|K3| Member
I suppose if we go LAN or split it would be Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six.

Very first online Multiplayer was either F.E.A.R. or America's Army.

I had also played Warrock and it was a really fun game!

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
My very first game was unreal tournament goty. I have only ever played online games on pc. I have also played, medal of honour (the original), wolfenstein enemy territory, and of course the cod series from cod4 onwards. I actually have a pretty decent selection of fps games, but most of them i only play single player. The most fun i've had has always been on cod4, and i'll be sticking with it until they bring out something totally amazing.

Sgt.Fishy

Sergeant
|K3| Member
First FPS was Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six. That was the hardest, most intense game I have ever played. No checkpoints, no way to save to continue the next day. You died...restart the level. You shut the console off..BACK TO LEVEL 1!!! Well unless you typed in the code than you're good.

My very first multiplayer would be F.E.A.R., I would have said MoH Frontline and stuff on the PS2..BUT..I had never played multiplayer on them.

V

Voodoo

My first FPS is Wolfenstein. Not all those cheesy add ons but the orignal first one with all 100 floors. Before doom, before cod, before moh, The orignal FPS. "guten tag" anyone?

My first MP is ofc Cod United offensive. First cod to have a default sprint XD Best things about it, spawning with deployable MGS, JEEPS!!!+tanks, iron sight bolt actions, and game mode Base assualt. Killstreaks werent based offa kills/p life, but total overall kills. Having 40 total kills lets you call in mortars every 5 minutes. 10/20/30 kills let you spawn with grenades,smoke,pistol, and stachel charges. And no perks or custom classes or UAV or anything, just you and your rifle. (anti-tanks weapons are found throughout the tank maps)

That and an awsome, awsome modding community which released the first MP zombie mods for cod. (designed for coduo and regular cod) and more maps than could fit on your computer.( most of them pretty good)

Just to bore you even more, they had a fun mod. A map full of obstacles, jumps that can take minutes to get, ladder-to-ladder jumping, portals, and sneaky respawning tripwires, you get a pistol with one clip and the ability to save and load spawn positions. First person to the end stops the match.

Add all that to servers with up to 64 people, you get some huge, huge ground wars. 32 vs 32 is extremely hard, even on maps 25x the size of nuketown.

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
My first online MP game was Tribes, the original one. I then moved on to Medal of Honor, don't remember exactly which one it is, then Cod2 then on to Cod4, that's about it lol. :)

Kacey

Epic Poodle
Former Krew Member
First Console: Star Wars Republic Commando
First PC: Portal if it counts, Garry's Mod if it doesn't, Half-Life 2 Deathmatch if IT doesn't.

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
Call_of_Juarez_Bound_in_Blood_box.jpg

Call of Juarez 2: Bound in Blood - Was the first Multiplayer FPS game I played, in 2009. It was also the game that got me into the genre and multiplayer gaming in general.

Of course I played older games after that but this was my first.

Top Bottom