What was the first mulitplayer game you ever played that was a first person shooter?

CiTyCHiLD

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
I thought it would be cool to see what first person shooter game everyone started out on. What made the game good or bad? Mine was a game called Warrock. It used to be great game untill it got over ran with hackers. Now it's an unplayable game. They might have fixed it, but I think it's not available for download anymore. I used to be a sniper[duh]. Instead of being able to shoot people in the body and get a kill like COD4, you had to shoot them in the head. Because no snipers had hip fire crosshairs, there was no quick scoping. People also had to lead their shots, and the snipers were not very accurate. I was pretty good at the game. One time I layed down some cover fire for a teammate while he ran to an ammo bunker. I would headshot anyone that came near him even when they tryed to bunny hop or dolphin dive. The good thing was players were able to drive helicopters, jets, tanks, and other vehicles. The bad thing is it got over ran with hackers, and players had to save points they earned from the game to buy new weapons. This ment some gun fights were based on guns and not based on skill. I hope to see what game everyone started out on. Here is a picture of the game.
Thanks

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The Moment

|K3|Recruit Admin
|K3| Executive
First FPS was probably Halo: Combat Evolved
images

I loved that game

mohammed

Banned
Nice one , i started on Counterstrike but i hated the game and had a lot of fun on Soldier of Fortune 2, that was the second game i bought.
About warrock, yeah i have the game and its updated till today, sometimes we play warrock here mostly in a private room, than you can be pretty shure no-ones hack's.
Its a great game, it had everything and it was free. :)
I still play SoF2 regular. It was realy bad that SoF3 payback was a flop.

Layer

Private First Class
my first FPS game :D was Half Life on 2002 then i moved to Counter Strike that i still plays hahaha =]

CiTyCHiLD

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Really? Warrock has been updated? That's awsome I might check it out then. I had alot of fun on that game.

Qartveli

Corporal
i checked warrock 3 days ago and there are more hackers then normal players

well first was Counter strike 1.5 then 1.6 then condition zero :p

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
I first started on a demo called, Medal of Honor: Breakthrough and also learned about the demo called MOH: Spearhead.

I was an average player, had fun playing the freeze-tag mode. I introduced it to my old co-workers (job I had 8-9 years ago) and eventually as soon as these 2 dudes would come to the office, he'd yell out "Palermo!!!!" (the name of the map), and we'd all rush to jump on the LAN game. Fun times they were for sure!

I haven't installed it because the players have all died out pretty much.

Those were the days!

MasterCLiP

Resident Brony
Former Krew Member
Mine was MOH Rising Sun for PS2, which is I think a pretty awesome FPS for that time. The second is Half Life 2 which was the first PC FPS I played.

halflife2.jpg

250px-MOHRSbox.jpg

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
first ever FPS was:
PS2 Return to Castle: Wolfenstein
B000087L4E.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

or Medal of Honor: Frontline
51MBRT4QXYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

First PC FPS was Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
call_of_duty_4_pc.jpg

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
Unreal tournament GOTY and Counter strike I still think unreal tournament is the best

Trasgu

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
lol unreal tournament, havent played it for a while....

Anyways my first 1 was Counter strike 1.6 but I had played all COD and Medal of Honor before it, just not online.

My first person shooter game was Medal of Honor: Frontline. I was 8 I think. When I found myself in the middle of the beach with all those guys shooting at me I was so freking scared I went to the bathroom 3 times. XDDDD

Nabil

Staff Sergeant
Call of Duty: World at War: Final Fronts
Final_Fronts_cover.png
and Call of Duty: Finest Hour
256px-Codfhbox.jpg
(i still haven't finish the game)

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
i started out on this korean gun game made by nexon called Sudden Attack.
then moved to Soldier Front and Combat Arms.

AVC

Banned
Damn, all you guys are young.
My first game was Duke Nukem 3D. Still has the best one-liners in any game. Except maybe COD Zombies.
images

Had all the add-ons, and went to LAN parties (hosted some too). Great fun.
I still remember the first on-line multiplayer game I joined, and the feeling of excitement and I entered the game and heard the sound of the rocket launchers. BOOM BOOM.

I played one of the ladders and was in the top 5%. Most of the games were played on a map called Rocket Arena. Basically like a tennis court with mega rocket ammo at each end. Dodge the incoming rockets.
It had the freeze ray, that could bounce around corners. freeze them and go up close to auto-kick and smash them, or change to a projectile wep and shoot them. Classic..

Went from there to Half Life. Was in a clan called Purging Prophets <PP>. Spent about 5 months making a map of my building at work. Lol

Arcani

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
first one was ummm i think it was

Call of Duty ( the first one ) cause i started playing it when i was 6 but ive played game systems since i was 4 but im not sure what the first game's i played name was

Top Bottom