BO Servers Dilemma

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Well folks, as you all know or at least should know by now that we have 2 Black Ops servers. They've been up and running since launch day.

Just over a month now and I am looking at how the servers are doing. Without gameserver banners, I am only assuming on the following information.

The servers aren't doing quite well at all. What this means is either we all group together at least once a day (hopefully during the day) and get one of the servers going. Once it gets going, we either jump ship and start off the other server or continue playing in the server.

The idea is we gotta get these servers going so the more people favorite them the less it will take to get them going once again.

When I pre-ordered the servers, I pre-paid a 6-month deal because they offered some discount (small but saved a few bucks). The only reasons I did this is because we need to really think about expanding. We all love cod4 but it's gonna phase out sometime in the future (2-5 years). Having other servers in newer cod games helps keep our core together for the long haul. This is just a vision of mine.

The point to this thread is; if the need is there, I'll always keep paying for the servers. But I need some MAJOR help. We need these BO servers going.

I have setup the BO servers in a way that it attracts the crowd; and that's with the combination of Nuketown/Domination. One with Hardcore and the other Softcore. I know this may seem like a bore to you guys but I hate seeing an empty server and the more attractive the gametype/map the server has, the easier the server gets populated, hence the reason why S1 is always populated.

Whoever owns BO, please help me get the servers going. I'd hate to shutdown the servers because they're not being used.

Thank you,
WaLLy

Take

Flying Dutchman
|K3| Member
I would love to help keeping up the server but BO wont run on my mac, and I bet it wont run on my Dell eighter... But since I'm online and also modding s1 a lot. That gives the mods with bo more time to play...

MasterCLiP

Resident Brony
Former Krew Member
Sorry I haven't been able to get on the BO servers more wally, but I haven't been able to play at all because of all the various glitches. The updates the released seems to fix just about all of them so im gonna be on BO more often! Also I'll try to be on throughout the day now that im out off school for winter break. :)

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Thanks guys.

I'm on winter break as well ('til the 10th of Jan.), so you'll see me more often in the mornings trying to get the servers going.

The idea is to get 1 going, and once the server gets cracking, it literally sustains itself throughout the whole day.

:)

Neo

Private First Class
I would like to help but I don't own BO... But I've played BO and I think Nuketown isn't as attractive as you think... I would suggest that you put as gamplay Team Deathmatch or Free for All with Firing Range as a map.

I don't own BO, but I think thats more attractive than nuketown. I maybe wrong...

Anyway hope you guys get the servers going! :)

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
may i make a suggestion?
i don't think people would be found of nuketown.
the classic, all map TDM with softcore would attract the MOST people.
i think.

honestjohnny

Master Sergeant
|K3| Legend
i downloaded BO to see if my comp would run it and it wont. i get like .2 fps in single player mode. lol as soon as i get the money to upgrade graphics and cpu i will be on it all the time.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
lol @ .2 fps.

Cento - Nuketown servers do very well. Non hardcore blows monkey balls. I do agree though that most of the servers seem to be NON HC.

Wally, whats with the giant DamageINC, if you have bo? You know damn well i have BO lol.

Set up a time, and i will rally the troops each day.

Last edited:

Arcani

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
i do have bo but the thing is im having a bit of trouble with my internet now that my moms boyfriends son moved back in with us(he once tried to kill me) and for a lil bit i wont be on as much

and sides bo isnt working for me

ill try again though i could prububly help

Qartveli

Corporal
well i have black ops but on PS3 not on PC so idk what i can help with and i cant run BO with my pc i lag to much i cant even move normaly

AVC

Banned
LOL @ Damage. And Johnny. I was walking past the study today and saw my name plastered across the screen. Once I checked the code I understood, lol.

Now, being a BO MP noob, what's the go with finding the servers. Was there a problem adding them by IP or something?

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
havent really played much BO and i dont really like nuketown its pretty much just like killhouse or shipment id prefer to play a mix map of dom ,demo or tdm

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
I love black ops, and i approve this message. seriously i wish we could all play on it more, i dont like relying on other servers outside my krew. feels like cheating.

MasterCLiP

Resident Brony
Former Krew Member
Lol yeah nuketown is a 24/7 Dom in alot of BO servers. Think we should keep it hardcore though.

Top Bottom