Black Ops Sucks: Here's why.

PwnSauce

Banned
1. Kludgy interface. Slow to hop into a game and definitely crappy when you alt+tab to change to desktop. Like 20 seconds sucky.
2. Graphics look like the cartoon server with extra crap.
3. Laggy response to user input which costs you your life.
4. Can't filter servers by keyword to find KKK servers.
5. Smoke trails from grenades give away your position. wth?
6. Install took 8GB despite saying it would take 6GB.
7. Wouldn't let me select an alternate drive than the default. (I have more space on my other drive yet can't use that location.)
8. Even with a good video card, the graphics get blurry with action, less definition than COD4.

That is all. I wish I had my $60 bucks back.

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
pwn,
you are so picky with the smallest details in every little thing. The are some bugs, agreed, but the will be resolved. You have to remember the game has JUST BEEN RELEASED.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I hear a lot of people complaining about the graphics, but they look fine to me.

Most of the issues you mention have to do with gameservers.com and not the game itself.

I have no lag and my controls respond great.

The only real issues i have are the issues with gameserver, some of which will be fixed. Compared to the other big release this year - Fallout:New Vegas, BO has far, far fewer bugs.

Most games have issues like this when they are released. I've read many people saying cod4 had plenty of lag when it first came out as well.

I don't like the teamkilling and i don't like the spawn wait times in certain gametypes on hardcore. That a gameservers thing. The game itself i find very fun.

Hardcore demolitions and domination are nice. The buying your perks and upgrades is kind of pointless, but it's not hard to earn BO currency. I like how you can have two attachments per gun. Silencer + red dot is awesome. I've never noticed nades having smoke trails. Ill have to look for that.

Last edited:

PwnSauce

Banned
I hate to say anything negative but 'no'.

That game sux but I hope it grows on me b/c I don't want to play COD4 by myself b/c everybody migrates to Black Ops

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
LoL pwn, you think everyone is going to go to BO huh.... Well just to say what has come out since Cod4? Cod WaW, MW2 and now BO and Cod4 is still plenty busy enough, I really don't see these people leaving Cod4 to go to this. Actually I think many of them went to say WaW or MW2 came back to Cod4 cause MW just kicks ass man, thats my opinion anyways...

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
pwn how about you post your computer specs? seems you got performance isssues ive been running it no prob for a few days way more detailed then cod4 and everything runs smooth

J-Kelly

Corporal
LoL pwn, you think everyone is going to go to BO huh.... Well just to say what has come out since Cod4? Cod WaW, MW2 and now BO and Cod4 is still plenty busy enough, I really don't see these people leaving Cod4 to go to this. Actually I think many of them went to say WaW or MW2 came back to Cod4 cause MW just kicks ass man, thats my opinion anyways...
I completly agree, although i havnt played BO yet i have heard it isnt as good as it was hyped to be. still supposed to be better than mw2 though :p

PwnSauce

Banned
Yea, it's an EVGA P55, i5 3Ghz quad core.
EVGA GTS 250 video card so i'm pretty sure it's not my system that's the issue.

Just seems like a big, gay, violent laggy cartoon.

pwn how about you post your computer specs? seems you got performance isssues ive been running it no prob for a few days way more detailed then cod4 and everything runs smooth

AVC

Banned
Moved to the BLACK OPS heading. LOL

I'm not convinced. The Zombies is good. I've played an hour or so of SP, no MP. I must say, I'm not a big fan of FPS when you're in a team. I would just rather play single player as that. Single player. Which was why Far Cry was good. Far Cry 2 sucked though, all that stupid driving around.

I don't have issues with performance though. There's certainly some bugs though. Takes ages to load maps and there's no progress bar. I had to look down at my HDD indicator to make sure the PC wasn't locked up.

As long as there are asses to kick in COD4, I'll still be kicking them.

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
oh AVC has BO?
hmmm.
try the MP ASAP AVC
i wanna hear your idea about MP BO

man, the ak on the BO is gonna be a NOTHER BEAST gun for me,
COD4, MW2, BO, ima rock the ak47 all the wayy

Goss400

|KKK| Member and Official post whore
Former Krew Member
There are none of them problems on ps3 and the graphics are sooooooo good on ps3 it almost looks real!!

No Mercy

Master Sergeant
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Goss, BO is designed for 1 type of system on PS3 and XboX. For the version on computer its a different story, There are select types of graphic cards which run at optimal settings.

Thats why XboX and PS3 are FTW

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
its sad to see so many people with these issues, again i got a quad with a cheap 9800gt video card and it runs great i couldent ask any better. I wonder if anyone has tried this on an i7 with 2 SLI video cards and how much lag they get?

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
i think that if mw2 had servers like mw it would have killed mw but on a good note i dont see black ops doing that coz its just far to crap

mohammed

Banned
Oke ,lets have my say in this .
I think the game is friendly for your grafic-card but a killer for your cpu ,after some patches last saterday it runs better for a lot of ppl. I dont have any problem of loading a new map, mostly being one of the ppl entering first and have to wait in a pre-game or game-start, while my kids coming 20 sec later,sometimes when the game is already started.
We all have (me and my 3 kids) AMD dual cores Athlons, strange enough the one thats running great is a not 64 bit proc.but a AM2 socket Athlon x2 6000+ on 2 GB ddr2 800mhz ram running the game on preset settings :D, Also mine system runs the game pretty good .
After all updates and updating drivers and also trying some of the tricks to improve the MP of this game to a nice playeble level, we all play the game now on settings depending on the different grafic-cards here that are nice.
Yesterday (sunday) we played a lot of games , some where a bit laggy depending on the server we joint.

One realy bad thing is you cant join together in the same team because the changeteam-button is off everywhere .
Also the server list is always requesting a new list and that takes a lot of bandwidht (4000 ping /server-request's) so others here get connected interrupted or disconnected.

The game itself is realy fun, love the rc-car, and some other futers, also the costimasation abbilitty's are great.
The spawnsystem is a real badass, spawncamping is very easy .

I had some @#$%^words in the beginnig for this game but after a week is getting better ,but a lot have to be done to balance it out a bit more.

The choppers and especialy the chopper gunner are much to overpowered is my opinion .

But overall a nice game

Btw i find the KKK server TDM (cod BO) in the serverlist but cannot connect to it.

Qartveli

Corporal
well i played Black Ops for 1 week straight slept like 24 hours in 1 week
and got to say more you play the game more shit you are paying attantion
like for example grafics
Cod 4 looks so realistic
Black Ops looks like cartoon
Quick scoping is olmoast impossible
to many over powered weapons like balistic knifes
not so good kill strike rewards
at 9 kill if you will get helicopter means you won the match
napalm strike sucks
UAV shows only players without silencor and ninja perk means it shows max 2 players in hole map
its olmoast impossible to outrun or stay alive after flash granade/stun granade

and many more things

Top Bottom